Acronym.

Westbrook

The idea that the J-36s could be made out of Vantablack is melting my mind..

image.thumb.png.84bd08ce9e6192cc3b14bacdda6be662.png

image.thumb.png.a7017d46053b5c975f46768b00978690.png

Edited by kiya

14 minutes ago, kiya said:

The idea that the J-36s could be made out of Vantablack is melting my mind..

image.thumb.png.84bd08ce9e6192cc3b14bacdda6be662.png

image.thumb.png.a7017d46053b5c975f46768b00978690.png

Hood needs to be Vanta too. Weird head vibes abound. 

5 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

Is that the melange variant? I’ve got several pieces by Yohji in aramide, and it is mind numbingly good.

no the later non-melange fire resistant material. the melange model has been a long term grail piece for me.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

On 6/1/2019 at 3:04 PM, Inkinsurgent said:

no the later non-melange fire resistant material. the melange model has been a long term grail piece for me.

Ah, I had no idea that they used aramid in the construction. Is the actual fabric constructed using aramid, or was it just used to sew the pant together (the below copy from the site is a little ambiguous)?

"The synthetic copolymer and cotton fiber blend fabric (sewn with aramid thread)"

And yes, I wholeheartedly agree... that iteration of CH is incredible. The P17-CH will probably always be my favourite pant.

Edited by lopiteaux
Corrected - praise where praise is due.

received J33-E in black today, hard to take pictures so I am just going to write about first impressions:

1. Fit: I am small for all acronym shells, and this one has a very straight and comfortable fit, not tight, plenty of space for layering. 

2. Fabric: It feels very similar to some of my marmot climbing pants, between a CH and a Stotz, it feels closer to a CH. It drapes very nicely, I think some of the pants like the P25 should be made in this fabric. Because of the nice drape, my favored configuration for this jacket is actually to use the one inner button and leave the zips/other bottons undone, similar to this:

1064703743_ScreenShot2019-06-04at19_33_44.thumb.png.b2912f7aadcadf0ecbe640b946514d39.png

It really drapes very nicely, and shows a nice silhouette.

3. Color: Cannot go wrong with black, especially Acronym. But when I first received the piece, I imagined what it would be like in the alpha green, and that image is somewhat attractive to me. I reckon that it can also be a very nice color despite how i mentioned disliking it in a previous post. I still don't think I will go through the hassle of swapping it just for the color. Black still suit me more I think.

4. Pockets: One of the highlights for me. The bottom two pockets I will use to put my hands in. The top two, are cavernous, they are huge inside and I think that the center pocket connects to the same compartment as the top left pocket. It is one of those very delightful and functional discovery that you cannot see from the picture of the jacket.

Overall a nice piece for cool summer nights and spring/fall. I don't think it is heavy duty enough as a outer-shell for harsh winter, but for milder conditions it should be no problem.

My package arrived today as well. J36 in raf/black obviously is great, but I was most positively surprised by the J33-E in alpha green. The pictures don't do it justice - it's more grey less green than in the product shots (actually the same color as the Nikelab ACG FW17 cargos' dark stucco colorway). Love all those pockets and details on it! As for sizing, it's a pretty generous cut - I'm usually between S and M on jackets and went S, which was definitely the right choice.

Edited by eyesolation

5 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

Honestly the J33-E is f***ing great. Shame the material isn't more water resistant though, that's what keeps me from pulling the trigger right now..

Seems plenty resistant from what I've experienced. Did it fail you in a total downpour?

5 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

Honestly the J33-E is f***ing great. Shame the material isn't more water resistant though, that's what keeps me from pulling the trigger right now..

Wore J33-E today. Yes the material is certainly not quite water-resistant as compared to stotz or CH, but the light weight fabric is very enjoyable to wear, .. Tokyo is 21 degrees this evening, and wearing it felt very pleasant in the cooler almost-summer night.

55 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

Seems plenty resistant from what I've experienced. Did it fail you in a total downpour?

My experience is from the P10A-E, still the same material so I thought I'd share it.

I got caught in 2 heavy downpours since I have the pants and It started to "fail" me in places where water couldnt run off as fast, which is directly on top of the cargo pockets, next to the zippers or at the beginning of the zippers (in the corner on top of the pocket). After that the water seeped through some spots in my knee/shin area where the fabric stacked but that was after ~10mins of constant rain. Everything else wasn't a problem for the material, water only seeped through in those 2 occasions.

I've had the same happen to me in -S and -DS pants too. Without taped seams it's to be expected really. I haven't been soaked in -E yet but I imagine it dries quickly compared to the other fabrics. Also agree with the fact that it's super wearable, I grab for them all the time. The only cons are that it lacks structure because it's so light and also the noise but it's not noticeable in most situations

Has anyone taken delivery of a J68-WS yet?

I picked up an XL on the assumption that the sizing is similar to the J69-GT, but I'm starting to fear that I might have overshot.

For comparison, I'm usually an L in Acronym, with room to spare. The J69-GT in XL is a much, much closer fit vis-a-vis the usual L, and I was hoping that the J68-WS is comparable.

7 minutes ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Holy cow, I just ordered a large J68, haven't receive it yet. a bit panic about your talking.

I am totally gassed with that lining and the full zipped looking, hope I should be fine 

Well, if it doesn't work out, we can maybe swap ;)