Acronym.

Westbrook

Aight so in the spirit of trying to spark discussion and contribute to this thread imma just give my opinions on the pieces of this second drop (without having purchased anything):

CP4-WS: I was really intrigued by the usage of the term cape when i showed my brother and he said it's a poncho so my awe of it wore off and while i still think it looks nice (6-7/10), I'd probably only buy it if it was bulletproof.

J33-E: Really nice looking softshell (8-9/10), interested to hear people's thoughts on it once its in hand. Product shots on Ian make me want to pull the trigger but that being said i think it would look better on taller people. If there's enough decent feedback will definitely cop a small if there are still some in stock.

J59-GT: I really liked the J59TS-CH but i think this should've been released in WS or even FO/PB instead of GT. In my opinion the form and fit would be better suited for materials that are natural (thought long about how to properly express what i was thinking but couldn't really so we'll just go with this). 

J68-WS: Wasn't interested at all until i looked through the product shots and with all the zips up becomes a strong 6.5-7/10.

P31-DS: P10 & P15 had a baby and i still want it? Also is this an unusually low price for acronym or is it just me? I think it'd look better rolled up so imma wait for some fit pics before giving it a number.

Keep in mind this is all my opinion and i just want to hear a little more thoughts about the products is all.

@uboraan Cape=open front, so just unzip the CP4 from the bottom/only use the top snap. Being able to close it actually makes it functional, instead of some cosplay piece for tech-ninja superman.

fcbb99d09c.jpg

And yeah, I'm liking the P31s quite a bit. Price is low for the current season, but still around double what the P15s were a few years ago.

9 hours ago, undercover73 said:

Any one know if there is going to be much difference in waist size between the P10A- DS and E. I have a medium which is a little big but maybe the m in the black will be trimmer ? Any idea guys?

in my experience, the waist will stretch depending on the material. my DS pants waist has stretched a whole 1-2 inches from wear from cinching with a belt and moving around. i don't think nylon is gonna stretch as much as dry skin though. YMMV.

9 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Anyone knows the meaning of the KG fit block in J36S and J33 descriptions? 

In terms of this, I can understand the "vintage Japanese kimono" part in J33 as its asymmetric zipper close shows but can not see it from J36-S. 

I was wondering the same but I'm assuming it refers to the base that they build upon. They probably have a few silhouettes that they start their designs with, profile/straight/loose, then go from there.

16 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

That's disappointing. Any explanation for the DPGS though?

Was wondering the same but @jbob24 suggested this:

DPGS= Drei Punkt GurtSystem (https://www.bagjackshop.com/classics/module-zubehoer/module-fuer-aussen/3-punkt-gurtsystem-schwarz_467_1062)

IN CASE YOU WANNA POSREP THIS, RATHER GO TO WAYWT THREAD AND POSREP ONE OF JBOB24's FITS.

Edited by danii

16 hours ago, tv_ice said:

I'm trying to remember, are the jacket slings on the new stuff external only, or does E only like using the external config in the product shots?

Slinging the jacket in the external config gives a nicer silhouette than the internal.

Edited by hentaiyarou69

On 5/30/2019 at 4:59 AM, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Anyone knows the meaning of the KG fit block in J36S and J33 descriptions? 

In terms of this, I can understand the "vintage Japanese kimono" part in J33 as its asymmetric zipper close shows but can not see it from J36-S. 

It has nothing to do with the asymmetric zipper. The KG fit block references the way kimonos are constructed - rectangular/square cuts of fabric and specifically how the sleeves attach to the main body. If you've held up a jacket that was cut to the KG block, you'll notice that the main back/shoulder panel is cut like a flat piece that looks like an upside down L (kind of like a kimono). I think the techwear-intern mentioned it in his 30 day challenge thread that if you wanted to increase articulation in the shoulders, you should make patterns with the arms up and parallel to the ground. If you've ever seen the back of kimonos laid flat you'll see that the sleeves are parallel to the ground.

Edited by SNg