Acronym.

Westbrook

13 hours ago, tomatocookie said:

I am 5'7" and 130 lbs and it fits pretty snug. The length is just right but can't really do much layering underneath it

Thank you for your response. I'm taller than you and I'm worried the sleeves are going to be too short for me. In the product photos the sleeves look good on the girl but she's likely way shorter than me.

18 hours ago, roofus said:

I am pretty sure you can't swap out the installed lenses for prescription ones. The existing lenses seem to be completely sealed in.

nah if it's made by made in the light, they won't be. any optician will be able to expand the frame with heat to pop the lenses out to put scripts in for you

On 5/14/2019 at 10:25 AM, Yardsale said:

Thank you for your response. I'm taller than you and I'm worried the sleeves are going to be too short for me. In the product photos the sleeves look good on the girl but she's likely way shorter than me.

yeah you'd probably be better off getting a small

13 hours ago, moneytalks said:

nah if it's made by made in the light, they won't be. any optician will be able to expand the frame with heat to pop the lenses out to put scripts in for you

Unlike you, I have a pair! You are wrong! Sure you can heat the frames up and pull out the lenses but try and put new lenses back in  . . . not a chance! I will take them to my optometrist next month when I get my eyes checked and report back but I know what he will say. . . . .

Edited by roofus

On 5/10/2019 at 2:39 AM, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Is there anyone who wears large p10ds or p10tsds could show me some fit pics pls? Dm will be fine. Much appreciate that. 

I have a P10S (18SS model) in large I can upload for you. I love these pants.

I thought I’d chime in with a quick review of the F1-T-B. 

I’ve been wearing these daily since I got them and so far, I love them. I went with the B variation because for me, they were the most appealing. 

I do agree with the earlier reviews that they are heavy, but it doesn’t really bother me. I adjusted the side arms and nose pads to my liking, which helps keep the glasses in place. 

The build quality is very good. In comparison, I own a range of sunglasses from Ray Ban, Adidas (Made in Austria), Neighborhood, VISVIM, and Louis Vuitton. I feel like these are more on par with VISVIM in terms of build quality. 

I’ve worn mine in the sun and the spill of light through the clip-on lenses did not bother me. In the rain, I took the clip-ons off and used just the yellow tinted lenses. I felt like I was able to see far better wearing these during a typical rainy Vancouver afternoon/evening. It was a pleasant surprise to say the least  

Maybe I’m not as critical as the others here who commented on their sunglasses but I feel like these are a great pair of regular clip on sunglasses, albeit slightly overpriced. The only thing that really annoys me is that I need to clean off finger prints twice as often as my other sunglasses. Ok one other gripe I had was that the cleaning cloth they threw in felt badly cut. It was like someone took a dull pair of scissors and unevenly cut out a square.

I can’t see too many folks buying and keeping these unless they are die hard Acronym fans. For me, I’m very happy I grabbed a pair. Cheers!!! 

B6FDE733-B931-47AA-BA41-336917CBEE58.jpeg

478D9BB1-7579-4D5A-84C6-6B942A0A83A7.jpeg

53CE8EFA-E9E0-4D2A-BF9D-00F06882EEE6.jpeg

D6B2FE83-7D32-4F37-A08F-30390DA478AE.jpeg

61FF2173-8F68-43D5-B98D-9D72A7FFDED4.jpeg

06BBEA00-D48A-49D6-B406-F64508186A1F.jpeg

Edited by analog29

Was at the Darkside Initiative warehouse sale yesterday. While waiting in line I was talking to a guy wearing an ACR jacket. Great to hear another person’s perspective on how the brand, availability, hype and prices have changed. I was joking how our Goretex was doing in the rain. If you’re on this board, great talking to you. @thatslapz he said he knows you!

Later on a couple got into line both wearing ACR jackets. When I left the sale I spotted another guy wearing a J1TS-S. (It didn’t look like it was holding up well in the rain.) Great to see people supporting the brand and our local brick and mortar. Anyways, didn’t think I’d see so many pieces in one spot. 

446ED1E6-B454-4FD9-9418-72B0C36AFB18.jpeg

4 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

How often does the 3a-1 usually get a new iteration? The last one came out like October last year, how likely is it that we will see a new iteration/restock this year?

It depends. There have been years without a release, and years where there have been multiple releases (last year being an example of the latter, where they released the foil iteration in January, and the XPAC in October).

I personally see a restock this year as being unlikely, given that there are still plenty of other 3A's sitting on the shelves, but this is just speculation.

I’ve owned my 3ts laminate for close to 3 years, worn it almost daily, it’s still in excellent condition, works with almost the entirety of my wardrobe and I’m super happy with it overall. Buuuuuut I still have a constant itch for that damn green x-pac 3ts...

12 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

I’ve owned my 3ts laminate for close to 3 years, worn it almost daily, it’s still in excellent condition, works with almost the entirety of my wardrobe and I’m super happy with it overall. Buuuuuut I still have a constant itch for that damn green x-pac 3ts...

I know that feel... I'm extremely content with my laminate, and it's my daily, with the foil being an occasional (can you say, "fragile"?)... I passed my black X-PAC 3A-1 on after a couple of months, but have been itching for the green. It's really, really grown on me. I'd love to see what it looks like after a couple of years, as the fabric was very impressive.

3 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

I know that feel... I'm extremely content with my laminate, and it's my daily, with the foil being an occasional (can you say, "fragile"?)... I passed my black X-PAC 3A-1 on after a couple of months, but have been itching for the green. It's really, really grown on me. I'd love to see what it looks like after a couple of years, as the fabric was very impressive.

I am sending back my ACR specs tomorrow, might have to just go ahead and flip that over into a 3ts... hmmmm...

Can anybody comment on the finish on the green X-PAC, and or PM some pics in different light?

Edited by brainerd666

33 minutes ago, X.bee said:

Not as deep a green in product shots, actually much better in person imho. I wouldn't mind having an olive 3a-1 again. I'll PM you some shots.

Agree. Took this photo in low light and is more olive in person.

AF32F468-6DB9-42CC-A70C-43594FB17E9C.thumb.jpeg.f6f6ac90f95419ab6d87c068825c316d.jpeg

Compared to product shots  (last images)

Edited by outbrk

16 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

It depends. There have been years without a release, and years where there have been multiple releases (last year being an example of the latter, where they released the foil iteration in January, and the XPAC in October).

I personally see a restock this year as being unlikely, given that there are still plenty of other 3A's sitting on the shelves, but this is just speculation.

Mmh, thats the answer i expected, sadly. Let's see though.

I wouldn't mind picking up one of the "old" laminate 3a-1s .. but the only one on grailed right now is for sale for like 2000$ :rolleyes: The olive x-pac ones (3a-1 and 3a-3ts) are also quite nice (also almost all attachments are still available on olive at acrnm) but im not sure if the military vibe it has isn't a bit too strong for me.

My personal favourite is the L2 laminate from SS15. They usually sell for around $1,200-1,300.

Also worth mentioning that the older limonta variant ages beautifully. These rarely come to market, and are often ignored because they appear beat and faded - which ironically is part of the charm.

Edited by lopiteaux
Added the one that got away...

33 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

Also worth mentioning that the older limonta variant ages beautifully. These rarely come to market, and are often ignored because they appear beat and faded - which ironically is part of the charm.

could not agree more. got mine from everyone’s favorite @Xu Jianfeng and have used it almost every day since i got it. the fabric patinas extremely well and remains durable and without any holes to this day :)  first photo is the day i got it and the second is a full year later. can’t sing it’s praises enough. 

396BE357-4DDE-43E3-951A-2F2C4159F5F8.jpeg

A07776FE-2ED4-44FC-942D-1F56736B74D5.jpeg

3 minutes ago, 1i1i1ii1 said:

could not agree more. got mine from everyone’s favorite @Xu Jianfeng and have used it almost every day since i got it. the fabric patinas extremely well and remains durable and without any holes to this day :)  first photo is the day i got it and the second is a full year later. can’t sing it’s praises enough. 

396BE357-4DDE-43E3-951A-2F2C4159F5F8.jpeg

A07776FE-2ED4-44FC-942D-1F56736B74D5.jpeg

1FE49544-85F6-499D-A2D0-845F67EEABD2.thumb.jpeg.d3a6afdaae2b3584fe4aa17447b0fc6d.jpegDCCF2C8D-470F-4916-92D6-2AEF5831B4EB.thumb.jpeg.e530b9f0cd7f7a3329dff322fdb1dac4.jpeg

holy moly what a synced just uploading some pics lol.

yeah that one you rocks and my current one (both limonta) are miraculously patinad and faded at mk2 areas, but I might still list the real first 3a-1 as my fav as it’s no damn compromise day one and still feels more solid than xpac and lighter than later limonta version( guess it’s still cotton but no more details bout it)

8 minutes ago, ChainsOnNateboardP said:

On the subject of 3ts's are they capable of fitting 13in laptops without struggling to insert it?

My 15" is tricky to get in, I'd expect a 13" will be easy assuming it does not have a thick cover/sleeve.

7 minutes ago, ChainsOnNateboardP said:

13in laptop will fit but I wouldn't recommend it. You’ll end up losing the way the bag contours to you and instead have 3-4 stiff corners poking out which probably isn’t best for these bags (especially considering what they’re made of). Definitley works but better off with a 5/8/13 for 13in laptops imo.