Acronym.

Westbrook

I want to say yes. J16-GT is 61cm 1/2 chest, 14.5cm shoulder. While J36-S is 62cm 1/2 chest, 13.5 shoulder. Both in L.

I was able to layer hoodies & insulators underneath the J16 fine & not feel restricted yet I only had a tshirt when trying the J36. It could be that stotz is a bit thicker than Gore-tex even if it's just a little.

Edited by X.bee

I may actually keep mine... haven't fully decided yet. I'm sort of coming around to it. A couple of things thought...

1. Yeah, the hitch tabs—I've read what people have said on here in the past, but I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I'm velcroing to what. Is it the cuff flap that I'm pulling up and sticking to the tab? Anything else seems sort of insane (I'd have to twist the sleeve quite a bit to get the tab to touch the female velcro panel at the cuff). Am I pulling the sleeve up over the elbow, or just under? So far I can really only manage the latter.

2. Have people found that stotz softens with time? Does it stretch out at all? I'd expect it to... but right now it's really stiff.

3. The pocket number on the mothersite is wrong—there are actually 6 pockets (2 gravity, 2 hand, 1 map, 1 mezzanine behind the map).

4. I'm finding the fit slim, but not overly so. It's weirdly similar to the current Veilance Field LT, actually... it feels slim when you put it on, but it can actually handle a Mionn IS underneath without much trouble.

5. These cuffs don't tighten as much as I'd like, without there being considerable male velcro flap hanging off. Is there a trick to this?

1 hour ago, junkie_dolphin said:

I may actually keep mine... haven't fully decided yet. I'm sort of coming around to it. A couple of things thought...

2. Have people found that stotz softens with time? Does it stretch out at all? I'd expect it to... but right now it's really stiff.

5. These cuffs don't tighten as much as I'd like, without there being considerable male velcro flap hanging off. Is there a trick to this?

Stotz kind of breaks in after a while but it wont stretch, even if it does kind of give in it wont be noticeable. My J1B-S feels a lot different after ~2 years of wear and lost the kind of stiffness it had when I got it. The J36 will also soften up a bit, but it takes some time.

About the cuffs, it depends how tight you really want it. If you tighten it normally and fold the material at the beginning of the velco it will be just right. But I'm afraid there isnt a good way to tighten it even more without the velcro sticking out.

Edited by Fhstx

18 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

I wore my old P10-S’ plenty in the rain(never got around to re-proofing so assuming it mostly wore off by year 2) and they repel pretty well for the first few 10 minutes and then start to get a bit damp, but never get that wet cotton feeling. It’s hard to explain but they don’t feel wet in the traditional sense, like no clamminess I guess?

Noticed the same thing with my P10-S and I think it's because Stotz is weaved so tight that even when it stops completely repealing, it doesn't let much water through and doesn't absorb much water so even it you get soaked for a long time, the pants dry pretty quickly and don't feel so uncomfortable while wet. That being said, you wear pants next so skin so it's one thing to get slightly wet thighs, it's another to get your whole upper body and inner layer wet so I really don't think I would wear a Stotz jacket in the rain like I would with a regular shell, I just don't think it would be comfortable. 

23 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

On another note- does anyone actually use their sleeve hitch tabs? Never had a jacket that incorporated them. Curious to hear thoughts and feedback. Are they as useful/useless as the gravity pockets...?

On my J22, yes, all the time. Never with my J5A. 

Hey guys, quick question. Mothersite TOS states foreign country returns are done via UPS, I'm trying to make the shipping label and they are asking for Name & Contact + phone number.. what do? I put Acronym Dynamics S.R.O. for the name but what about contact & phone number?

8 minutes ago, X.bee said:

Hey guys, quick question. Mothersite TOS states foreign country returns are done via UPS, I'm trying to make the shipping label and they are asking for Name & Contact + phone number.. what do? I put Acronym Dynamics S.R.O. for the name but what about contact & phone number?

for the most accurate answer, you better email: [email protected]

its better to be exact accurate as anything wrong might ship to a wrong address. These things change all the time

30 minutes ago, X.bee said:

+42 725700067 found this number on my invoice under SHIPPER/EXPORTER

Edited by deathrazr

It’s interesting that the whole conversation is strictly about how water proof the jacket is, shouldn’t it be how breathable it is? The J36 is appealing because it’s cotton, something you can wear like a light weight denim biker jacket and the like. You’re not wearing it for the rainy days so much as the hot or muggy mist days. I didn’t end up copping because it seemed excessive when I got a J47WS last year that takes care of that need for light weight and breathabillity (thought you have to baby the shit out of it compared to the Stotz that you want to wear in and patina), but the Stotz seems so appealing for the right seasons. I imagine it fitting perfectly into a daily wear for cold morning comutes before the suns warmed up the city and the windy walks home when the sun has set because you’ve gone late at the office. Maybe that’s just me, but it’s supposed to be 76°F today, but it was 50° on my walk to work with a 10% chance of rain. 

My question is does it not have the little elastic cord loops for attaching a base layer? I had thought that’s how the sleeve hitch is used. 

I find it interesting that Acronym's lookbooks show every single feature of a jacket and how it's utilized except the sleeve hitch and how to properly use it. I don't remember ever seeing that as being part of their lookbooks. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

On the J22 at least, the sleeve hitch tab doesn’t line up perfectly so there will be a bit of a twist. Also, you need to slide the forearm up under the shoulder part of the sleeve, rather than scrunching it up, because of the zippers for the gravity pockets. 

Some jackets have a different style of sleeve hitch where there’s a little loop at the elbow where you feed the sleeve hitch through before closing it. 

36002DFE-C97E-4F46-8E2E-1ABA3A1C51E2.jpeg

EBF3B64E-D8B6-4349-A52E-E66BCDE59D1D.jpeg

4 hours ago, drgitlin said:

On the J22 at least, the sleeve hitch tab doesn’t line up perfectly so there will be a bit of a twist. Also, you need to slide the forearm up under the shoulder part of the sleeve, rather than scrunching it up, because of the zippers for the gravity pockets. 

Some jackets have a different style of sleeve hitch where there’s a little loop at the elbow where you feed the sleeve hitch through before closing it. 

36002DFE-C97E-4F46-8E2E-1ABA3A1C51E2.jpeg

EBF3B64E-D8B6-4349-A52E-E66BCDE59D1D.jpeg

I can’t rep this enough. Thank you for explaining.

how is everyone who got the j36 feeling with their purchase. i had been waiting for a 36 for a while and got hyped to get it in stotz instead of gt cause i wanted to beat it to death but surprisingly i didn't fall immediately in love with it like i thought i would.  thinking about holding onto it in hopes of having it grow on me but feel indifferent at the moment.   I'm thinking i may just not be a fan of stotz in general and would have preferred it in a nylon non gt rendition like the p10a-e's.  imo stotz jackets stack weird in the arms

7 hours ago, segue said:

how is everyone who got the j36 feeling with their purchase. i had been waiting for a 36 for a while and got hyped to get it in stotz instead of gt cause i wanted to beat it to death but surprisingly i didn't fall immediately in love with it like i thought i would.  thinking about holding onto it in hopes of having it grow on me but feel indifferent at the moment.   I'm thinking i may just not be a fan of stotz in general and would have preferred it in a nylon non gt rendition like the p10a-e's.  imo stotz jackets stack weird in the arms

I received the J36-S black in size S yesterday. The feeling was as positive as when I received the J56-S two winters ago. I think personally I find the stotz material more comfortable to wear than the goretex. It is certainly not waterproof, but it can withstand a light drizzle. I wouldn't stand in anything more than a light rain for more than 5 minutes. The pockets are more comfortable to use than the J56, and I quite like the high collar. In terms of fit, it felt snug but not tight. I don't have the stacking issue in the arms. I can layer the J74-PX or the J63A-FO underneath with ease. It is a keeper for me.