Acronym.

Westbrook

I think the standout for me this time around is the J76.. the reworked interops is interesting-ish and the full-on storm hood makes it seem like the heavy-lifter of the lot, weather-wise. Not too sure about how that massive zip will feel in the armpit but my curiosity is piqued to say the least.

Sleeve zip detail on the J41 is very nice. Looks like the V in GTV is now going to mean escape-zips (for in-car removal)? 

Edited by strikethrough

5 minutes ago, strikethrough said:

I think the standout for me this time around is the J76.. the reworked interops is interesting-ish and the full-on storm hood makes it seem like the heavy-lifter of the lot, weather-wise. Not too sure about how that massive zip will feel in the armpit but my curiosity is piqued to say the least.

The J5A has a zip like that and it’s not an issue. 

2 hours ago, strikethrough said:

Sleeve zip detail on the J41 is very nice. Looks like the V in GTV is now going to mean escape-zips (for in-car removal)? 

My OG J41 has the same sleeve zips. As far as I can tell the only new detail about the GTV is that it has an internal sling now. Also, according to size measurements it got 1cm narrower and 1cm longer.

Edited by eyesolation

I don't think you are right about GTV, think it's actually different goretex. It's listed as 2.5L rather than 3L, and if you look at the pics where the cuff is rolled back, it has a more paclite-ish texture closely resembling that on the J1A-GTV.

Think J76 and J36 are standouts for me, latter because it's an improvement to one of my favorites, and former because it's a perfect blend of utility and aesthetic. Only miss for me is the P32-DS because I'd hate to have to deal with one of those 90 degree zips on a fabric so structureless as DS -- opening the zip would be a two-handed affair every time

EDIT: pretty cool that even now 6 hours later there's a full size run of pretty much everything.

Edited by eidolarr

Oh I was only talking about "features" of the J41, but yeah the material definitely is different.

The OG one according to specsheet:  GORE-TEX® Product Technology (PA 71%, ePTFE 29%) with Paclite® Product Technology [ Linerless ]

GTV: 2.5L GORE-TEX® (Face fabric: 100% PES, Membrane: ePTFE) With Polymer Dot Backer

You can see those dots on the sleeve's closeup shot - my OG definitely doesn't have those, but instead has the leathery texture typical for paclite.

Edited by eyesolation

15 minutes ago, eidolarr said:

EDIT: pretty cool that even now 6 hours later there's a full size run of pretty much everything.

He hasn’t posted it on IG yet... so we’ll see after that!

Want those  p10a’s to have my babies!!

I dunno about anybody else’s experience, but for me on an IPhone 8 with pretty damn fucking güd WiFi, the website is a nightmare to navigate right now. Constant error codes, dead image boxes. Just complete bullshit. I’ve never seen their site fail this bad. Is this peak hype? Or did Errolson forget to pay his webpage dude?