Acronym.

Westbrook

6 hours ago, HeckHouse said:

Several months in the wool has slightly pilled, nothing unexpected with boiled wool and given the texture it feels natural—it’s not distracting like you might find on some sweaters when the process happens. It feels like it’s “breaking in” a bit and isn’t so rigid. But I am babying it, so take this with that in mind. Might be able to see the texture better in the back shot.

it has aged beautifully. love the colours! 

6 hours ago, HeckHouse said:

Several months in the wool has slightly pilled, nothing unexpected with boiled wool and given the texture it feels natural—it’s not distracting like you might find on some sweaters when the process happens. It feels like it’s “breaking in” a bit and isn’t so rigid. But I am babying it, so take this with that in mind. Might be able to see the texture better in the back shot.

Thanks @HeckHouse!
Any input regarding the ability to zip it into a hard shell? If so same size?
Any specific recommendation for a J61-GT?

Thanks a ton!

8 hours ago, saskey said:

Thanks @HeckHouse!
Any input regarding the ability to zip it into a hard shell? If so same size?
Any specific recommendation for a J61-GT?

Thanks a ton!

You’re probably fine with same size. There’s a zip along the back of the neck which works with my Alpine (but my Alpine is a size smaller, so it’s not a great pairing). I’m unfortunately not the best person to ask, because Acronym’s shells are usually too large for me, so the XS alpine is all I have to go by.

Thanks @lxkhor! It’s unlike anything I’ve ever had in my wardrobe and I’ve enjoyed finding new things to mix and match with it.

On 3/11/2019 at 7:11 PM, ArmandGLA said:

So I have been thinking of pulling the trigger on a J47TS-GT jacket that I found in my size, anyone here that owns one or has owned can give any input on the pros and cons compared to the J47A which I have been patiently waiting for to pop up for sale. 

I've been really happy with mine, I have been eyeing a J47 variant for a few years and 2018 was the first I could make that happen and I'm generally pretty Impressed with it, there's nothing that really feels missing, it's a complete package. I think the fit is very much a blazer cut, especially if you wear the sling on the outside it's apparent how structured it is. 

On 3/11/2019 at 7:26 PM, lxkhor said:

Basically with the 47ts you lose a pocket. I find 47ts very very tight and almost has no extra room for a liner. Don't really know what else to tell you because you haven't provided much else. 

This hasn't been my experience, admittedly 6'4" 185lb wearing a size L, but I have been wearing the 47TS-GT all winter with the J74-PX or the J72-AK and sometime both at the same time and  they fit comfortably with a good range of motion. When wearing both liners in blizzards and deep winter scenarios it felt very snug, but not uncomfortably so. 

Definitely a loss of a pocket, but I've been using it with the MZ3 and it has allowed for a great deal of storage. I'll usually keep say a glove in each pocket of the J74, then on the jacket I can use the MZ3 or the napoleon pocket in a pocket for a phone, throw snacks/supplies/gear in the in the internal MZ3, a folding knife in one gravity pocket and a card holder in the other and then I still have the body of the napoleon pocket, the bag strap pocket and shoulder pocket to play with (and I keep the main pockets open for hands or groceries from the bodega) so theres still a LOT of pockets.

Forgive the awkward fit picks, 2 are with both layers on the other is just the J47 and J72

IMG_6313.JPG

IMG_8239.jpg

IMG_4844.jpg

On 3/16/2019 at 4:34 PM, DROVES said:

I've been really happy with mine, I have been eyeing a J47 variant for a few years and 2018 was the first I could make that happen and I'm generally pretty Impressed with it, there's nothing that really feels missing, it's a complete package. I think the fit is very much a blazer cut, especially if you wear the sling on the outside it's apparent how structured it is. 

This hasn't been my experience, admittedly 6'4" 185lb wearing a size L, but I have been wearing the 47TS-GT all winter with the J74-PX or the J72-AK and sometime both at the same time and  they fit comfortably with a good range of motion. When wearing both liners in blizzards and deep winter scenarios it felt very snug, but not uncomfortably so. 

Definitely a loss of a pocket, but I've been using it with the MZ3 and it has allowed for a great deal of storage. I'll usually keep say a glove in each pocket of the J74, then on the jacket I can use the MZ3 or the napoleon pocket in a pocket for a phone, throw snacks/supplies/gear in the in the internal MZ3, a folding knife in one gravity pocket and a card holder in the other and then I still have the body of the napoleon pocket, the bag strap pocket and shoulder pocket to play with (and I keep the main pockets open for hands or groceries from the bodega) so theres still a LOT of pockets.

Forgive the awkward fit picks, 2 are with both layers on the other is just the J47 and J72

IMG_6313.JPG

IMG_8239.jpg

IMG_4844.jpg

Slammed VW in the back I see?

4 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

any s8-ds owner could suggest the size or send any fit pic please? 

I am 187cm and 83kg. wondering whether go for a large or medium. cheers.

Would go for a large because of your size, not weight