Acronym.

Westbrook

9 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

holy shit i hadn't looked at the man's twitter in ages. the climate panic and virtue signalling is off the goddamn charts.

Ah yes, Errolson is quite a character :ph34r2:

image.png

10 hours ago, fasttimes said:

I still dislike the sleeve pocket. I get that it's a defining feature of the J1 but I've always found it cumbersome to use. I would've preferred the stacked detached sleeve pockets from the J16/J1TS on both sides but that's just me dreaming of my ideal ACR jacket.

I actually really like the sleeve pocket and was surprised at how easy it was to use lol. I guess we are all different in some way. I wanted to store my airpods and the sleeve pocket so far seems like the best spot for them since the 'lipstick' pocket feels awkward to use. 

Also, sorry if I'm wrong here, isn't there still a side entry mezzanine pocket behind the flak pocket? I don't have it on me, but I remember thinking my phone would fall out if I left it in there. A top entry mezzanine would've been great, I use them constantly to store my phone/metro cards in my J28. 

2 hours ago, RodG said:

I actually really like the sleeve pocket and was surprised at how easy it was to use lol. I guess we are all different in some way. I wanted to store my airpods and the sleeve pocket so far seems like the best spot for them since the 'lipstick' pocket feels awkward to use. 

In my personal timeline with J1s they've gotten harder to use but there's also size and material to take into account. I've sized down over the years as I've lost weight. My J1A-S was an L and also the artificial leather sleeve was relatively easy to slide up and get to the zipper. My J1TS-S was an M though an S would've fit more true. It was still okay to use but too slow to access for my liking. Now the J1A-GT I have is an S which fits me perfectly with an insulator underneath but the size combined with the GT makes it harder to slide up the sleeve and use more than the bottom 30% of the zipper. Makes a good security pocket now I guess!

2 hours ago, RodG said:

Also, sorry if I'm wrong here, isn't there still a side entry mezzanine pocket behind the flak pocket? I don't have it on me, but I remember thinking my phone would fall out if I left it in there. A top entry mezzanine would've been great, I use them constantly to store my phone/metro cards in my J28. 

Oh shit, I just double checked and yep, mezzanine pocket still there but I missed it. Will edit my initial impressions now. Reminds me of the time I discovered the cable ports on my SS-J16 after months of regularly using it lol

fucked up on my sizing thinking it would fit close to a J47, bought an L in the J1A-GT when i should've gone for an M...

i mean it still fits but i guess i'll be looking for someone to trade me for a Medium zZzz

2 hours ago, darkart said:

Anyone know where's the material tag of the J1A-GT Gen 2.2? I checked all pockets, no sign of the material tag. I wanna see where its made in.....so weird<_<

it’s in the right chest pocket. Reach down and you will feel it. It’s usually in the right hand pocket.

2.2 is slightly darker than other gt jackets. It doesn’t have the shades of navy. (Maybe it’s the lighting) wonder if anyone else see that too.

9 minutes ago, BlueBook said:

it’s in the right chest pocket. Reach down and you will feel it. It’s usually in the right hand pocket.

2.2 is slightly darker than other gt jackets. It doesn’t have the shades of navy. (Maybe it’s the lighting) wonder if anyone else see that too.

Thank You, new area to discover

I can't quite reconcile the price increase + made in China. Here's a snippet of my J1A-GT invoice from July 2016, that's $1,200 USD. The 2.2 is at what, $1,900 and Chinese now? Along with Errolson being such an eco/SJW it rubs me the wrong way.

pricehikesahoy.PNG

10 hours ago, BlueBook said:

Yeah but it's more noticeable in photos, in real life they look pretty much the same to me

IMG_20190305_110132.jpg

Looking for some advice for my j1a, how should I go about purchasing a liner for it? Should I have to constantly look for xs liners or should I just forego this XS one for a size S j1a? Or can S liners fit in this one just fine?

Edited by tomatocookie
Clarity

Guess no one archived the J1A 2.2 on wayback machine. Well, I think I remember reading that the liner zip was extended on the new J1A, possibly to accommodate larger liners. Does your size S J72 not zip into the XS J1?

2 minutes ago, X.bee said:

Guess no one archived the J1A 2.2 on wayback machine. Well, I think I remember reading that the liner zip was extended on the new J1A, possibly to accommodate larger liners. Does your size S J72 not zip into the XS J1?

the auxzip works just fine I was wondering since my J72-AK kinda sticks out of the bottom and is very snug when zipped up

J1A-GT 2.2 impressions:

-mine is size XL

- Own J28-GT FW17/18 as comparison(also XL)

-Tried on several models over the past couple years, but I had been waiting 100% on a J1A to drop and wasn't going to settle for anything less

Jacket is unique, and while wearing it, it feels somehow on another level above 28,47 and other maximal acr shells.  I can't believe I'm saying it, but wearing it I feel like the jacket is worth about $2,000 and I'm not offended by the price tag(wish I didn't miss the import hack though......:/).  That being said, if I owned a previous model at 50 or 60% of retail I'm sure I'd feel differently.

The collar....is great and the styling is versatile.  With/without the hood and collar up/down/zippered....it totally changes the look of the piece which I really appreciate.

I'm not happy to own the first acr shell made in China.  I do think that this - more than the price increase which is more a product of supply/demand, and market/brand positioning - is just overall not a good feeling for the consumer and I agree with many of the points made here.

Fit/Build: 

-Body is longer than J28, J47TS(both in xl and gt pro)

- Lower body is wider than 28/47, it actually has a ton of room compared to the upper shoulder/chest area.......

-The shoulder/chest block of the body is a lot smaller than the j28gt, but still larger than j47TS.  I can layer tons under my j28, while I literally can't bend my arm while wearing j47ts gt because the bicep/shoulder area is so tight(I flat out can't wear that jacket).  2.2 is probably too small in the shoulders for me, but I'll make it work.  Sadly, I can't layer hoodies underneath this, and it's probably not going to be a go to on super cold days to wear over heavy/warm layers.

- Jacket feels a lot heavier than other shells.  I'm not sure why this is - more zippers??

- Even if I knew karate, there isn't a chance in hell I can do it while wearing 2.2, the mobility is really not good - at least for someone my size - but then again I'm actually pretty huge...ha

Overall:

Very happy, don't hesitate to pull the trigger if you get the opportunity.

1 hour ago, billy_clinton said:

J1A-GT 2.2 impressions:

-mine is size XL

- Own J28-GT FW17/18 as comparison(also XL)

-Tried on several models over the past couple years, but I had been waiting 100% on a J1A to drop and wasn't going to settle for anything less

Jacket is unique, and while wearing it, it feels somehow on another level above 28,47 and other maximal acr shells.  I can't believe I'm saying it, but wearing it I feel like the jacket is worth about $2,000 and I'm not offended by the price tag(wish I didn't miss the import hack though......:/).  That being said, if I owned a previous model at 50 or 60% of retail I'm sure I'd feel differently.

The collar....is great and the styling is versatile.  With/without the hood and collar up/down/zippered....it totally changes the look of the piece which I really appreciate.

I'm not happy to own the first acr shell made in China.  I do think that this - more than the price increase which is more a product of supply/demand, and market/brand positioning - is just overall not a good feeling for the consumer and I agree with many of the points made here.

Fit/Build: 

- Lower body is wider than 28/47, it actually has a ton of room compared to the upper shoulder/chest area.......

-The shoulder/chest block of the body is a lot smaller than the j28gt, but still larger than j47TS.  I can layer tons under my j28, while I literally can't bend my arm while wearing j47ts gt because the bicep/shoulder area is so tight(I flat out can't wear that jacket).  2.2 is probably too small in the shoulders for me, but I'll make it work.  Sadly, I can't layer hoodies underneath this, and it's probably not going to be a go to on super cold days to wear over heavy/warm layers.

- Jacket feels a lot heavier than other shells.  I'm not sure why this is - more zippers??

- Even if I knew karate, there isn't a chance in hell I can do it while wearing 2.2, the mobility is really not good - at least for someone my size - but then again I'm actually pretty huge...ha

Overall:

Very happy, don't hesitate to pull the trigger if you get the opportunity.

Any fit pics of your 28 or 47?

7 hours ago, billy_clinton said:

/Build: 

Would be great if you can post some fit pics of j28 camparing with j1a. I have a large j28 but fits a bit roomy for me. Considering to go for medium or large for j1a. I am 6’1” and 83kg btw

Edited by dreamboatjustsoul

a large will do you fine. i'm 5'11 and 75 kg, bought an L and regret not getting an m 

1 hour ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Considering to go for medium or large for j1a. I am 6’1” and 83kg btw

Im like 5'11"ish and same weight depending on last nights dinner, I thought my J28 (large) was roomy so I got a medium 2.2. As @billy_clinton said, the J1A is smaller in the chest/shoulder than I expected, and is a bit too tight for me with an insulator under it. The arms on the J28 feel too long for me, but are perfect length on the J1A. I thought the arm articulation in the J1A is equivalent, but arms forward leads to tightness in the shoulder on the J1A (made worse with an insulator). My insulator is just a uniqlo ultra light down thing, so it's not adding much but its puffy.

Also, I thought everyone was tripping about the color, but it really is a bit different. Its super subtle, and I only noticed with direct comparison under an amberish light. J28 has a slight navy tinge that's missing from the J1A. Though again this is super duper subtle imo.

Edited by RodG

16 minutes ago, RodG said:

Im like 5'11"ish and same weight depending on last nights dinner, I thought my J28 (large) was roomy so I got a medium 2.2. As @billy_clinton said, the J1A is smaller in the chest/shoulder than I expected, and is a bit too tight for me with an insulator under it. The arms on the J28 feel too long for me, but are perfect length on the J1A. I thought the arm articulation in the J1A is equivalent, but arms forward leads to tightness in the shoulder on the J1A (made worse with an insulator). My insulator is just a uniqlo ultra light down thing, so it's not adding much but its puffy.

Also, I thought everyone was tripping about the color, but it really is a bit different. Its super subtle, and I only noticed with direct comparison under an amberish light. J28 has a slight navy tinge that's missing from the J1A. Though again this is super duper subtle imo.

appreciate it, in this case, practically go for large, aesthetically for medium. 

On 12/5/2018 at 6:14 AM, HeckHouse said:

Grabbed a J65-KM and I love it. It's a bit boxy and not necessarily an easy wear, but the hardware details are great, it's really fun to layer with, and it's super warm. The Small barely works for me and there are definitely angles where it looks too big on me, but if anyone here was curious about sizing or anything, let me know if I can help.

DSC05111.thumb.jpg.f02c4859623f6975c1a9dedafc3d63e0.jpgDSC05093.thumb.jpg.565b995959ae48700bce2a746864c1aa.jpg

Hello @HeckHouse. Could you please give a further insight regarding the ageing of the farbic after another 3 months. Is it pilling on and on? I am a size L in the J61-GT. Would you recommend the same size as an insulator or even an XL as the J61-GT is kind of anti-fit. @all: what other insulator would you recommend for the j61-gt? Same size or bigger?
Thanks in advance to you, @HeckHouse and all others that might chime in.
More than happy to deliver some info regarding the J61-GT if needed.

Best
saskey

15 hours ago, capnpyro said:

I can't quite reconcile the price increase + made in China. Here's a snippet of my J1A-GT invoice from July 2016, that's $1,200 USD. The 2.2 is at what, $1,900 and Chinese now? Along with Errolson being such an eco/SJW it rubs me the wrong way.

pricehikesahoy.PNG

FOH with that "SJW" bullshit. What are you, some kind of redpiller?