Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, outbrk said:

I think it just means not applicable and it’s not defined to a season. The 2015 j1a was the same and it dropped between fw and ss if I remember right. 

Also I’m sure the drop times are always different for suprise drops to not favour any particular region of the world. 

Yep - 13th December 2015...when they still used to send emails out about releases!

not one to whine, but when everyone you know has gotten shipping notifications for that $2000 jacket you just bought and you haven't....

:-(

22 hours ago, hooper said:

well you first have to get fucked by wasting 20 minutes trying to find where to do this because of dark UI patterns. youll need to google how to do this.

new j1a is amazing. was p30a-ds also for sale? looks like they took it off the site. 

When checking out select “view currency options” then change the currency to whatever the site has it in and your bank you give you their exchange rate instead of PayPal’s shit one. I can guarantee the banks will always be better than Pp. 

As for international fees, the BOA Travel Rewards and Barclay Arrival cards are good imo (no international 3.3% fee and nice memeber benefits: price protection, travel insurance etc...) They also have no annual fee.

11C2D6D8-0171-4CB0-BD5D-FCF2905F3124.jpeg

22 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

"My favorite color is blue, what size should I wear?" 

Bruh, l'm not one to snap on people on a forum but you're so low effort I hope someone negative reps you to prevent you from buying on these forums.

Your laziness aside, which ACG bottoms? The wide legged ones or the skinny ones? The ones without stretch or with? 

The pants are gigantic and there is a small exchange, I don't know, ~4–5 pages back about this. Basically, you're sizing super/ultra wide Acronym pants on your height. Some people are 6'5"/196cm+ wearing small pants sizes for waist fit and they'll prolly need size L P23/P30 for height and normative fit. If you're intending to buy $1600+ pants and deprive more deserving community members of these pantaloons, at least go back a few pages.

Finally, I'm going to assume you're a hypebeast manlet so you should go XS.

I'm actually king manlet, so maybe an S? Hmmm

18 minutes ago, gosgjkaj said:

Anybody selling J1A-GT size S or XS hook me up plzzzzzz.

Not that this belongs in this thread, but I have a size S due to be delivered tomorrow. If I end up not liking it, I will probably be selling it here (but in the Acronym buy / sell / trade thread ok).

And if I do like it, I'll probably be letting go of my size S J66-GTV.

Just now, Voyager said:

Not that this belongs in this thread, but I have a size S due to be delivered tomorrow. If I end up not liking it, I will probably be selling it here (but in the Acronym buy / sell / trade thread ok).

And if I do like it, I'll probably be letting go of my size S J66-GTV.

Pls don't like it hahaha.

Just got off the phone with UPS because i was wondering why there was a ridiculous duty charge on my J1A-GT coming into Canada. I mentioned to the rep that the garment should be made and shipped from EU and the duties should be significantly less. He then tells me the package states that the garments are MADE IN CHINA and not EU. I have emailed Acronym to confirm if this is true. Will update here.

2 hours ago, deathrazr said:

Just got off the phone with UPS because i was wondering why there was a ridiculous duty charge on my J1A-GT coming into Canada. I mentioned to the rep that the garment should be made and shipped from EU and the duties should be significantly less. He then tells me the package states that the garments are MADE IN CHINA and not EU. I have emailed Acronym to confirm if this is true. Will update here.

how bad was the charge? i was cool with the price on it thinking I was going to get away with no duties like my last purchase direct from acrnm.com.

1 minute ago, hooper said:

how bad was the charge? i was cool with the price on it thinking I was going to get away with no duties like my last purchase direct from acrnm.com.

I don't know the exact amount but the UPS rep said it's over $600CAD. meaning full duties + provincial tax will be applied if the garment is made in China and not EU.

54 minutes ago, deathrazr said:

I don't know the exact amount but the UPS rep said it's over $600CAD. meaning full duties + provincial tax will be applied if the garment is made in China and not EU.

1B48C81F-84D7-4818-A9C6-8E57EC32DF22.jpeg

I've got no qualms with products made in china (under strict regulation ofcourse) as the quality matches (or sometimes, it is superior) their western counterparts....but the shift from - made in Czech / Japan / Germany to china does leave me somewhat perplexed. This is purely from what i've come to know about acrnm and their philosophy over the years. 

I'm not surprised and yet, I am. 

Either ways, always looking forward to more acrnm in the years to come. 

E says they are working on a "cheap" product line hopefully will come out soon and you should expect all of them made in China. I have no complain about made in China, it doesn't mean bad quality at all. It only cuts the cost of labor compare to Europe in my opinion.

8 hours ago, Voyager said:

1B48C81F-84D7-4818-A9C6-8E57EC32DF22.jpeg

Domestic or foreign production does not really mean anything inherent with regard to quality, but moving abroad suggests something about E's business ethics. Honestly, I can’t believe my mans. I guess there's a reality where actual production limitation (machinery/tooling) are the proximate cause of the move. Without more, I'm not going to be that naïve. For Errolson to retweet William Gibson religiously and express sympathy to the liberal causes of living wages and ethical capitalism, especially concerning the clothing business, the move seems craven. Not like anyone really cared about the production though.

Edited by CARLOOA

I mean, at least with pricing, there is some sort of perverse consistency in what E's doing. 

He justified last season's price increases as being connected to paying fair wages in Europe.  Now, we see a reduced price J1A with production in China. 

This, of course, ignores the hypocrisy of the social commentary he provides/retweets constantly. 

4 minutes ago, appolez said:

I mean, at least with pricing, there is some sort of perverse consistency in what E's doing. 

He justified last season's price increases as being connected to paying fair wages in Europe.  Now, we see a reduced price J1A with production in China. 

This, of course, ignores the hypocrisy of the social commentary he provides/retweets constantly. 

It’s like €300 more than the 2016 version. 

3 hours ago, deathrazr said:

Looks like the party is over for us Canadians...

1 hour ago, CARLOOA said:

Domestic or foreign production does not really mean anything inherent with regard to quality but moving abroad suggests something about E's business ethics. Honestly, I can’t believe my mans. I guess there's a reality where actual production limitation with machinery/tooling are the proximate cause of the move. Without more, I'm not going to be that naïve. For Errolson to retweet William Gibson religiously and express sympathy to the liberal causes of living wages and ethical capitalism especially concerning the clothing business, the move seems craven. Not like anyone really cared about the production though.

I had the impression that this was a red line E wouldn't cross but I guess not.