Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, Kamikaze said:

J47a has interops with all the bells and whistles 

j32 and j27 are “plain” in terms of acrnm jackets but they are great jackets in their own right 

j58 isn’t a shell

I know the j58 isnt a shell, and I hate what ppl are reselling them for; for a "insulator!"

I like the simplicity of the j32/j27; And I get now why the j47 resells for more. Its the higher notch jacket. I just do not know what to buy as my first acronym piece!

14 minutes ago, ArmandGLA said:

I know the j58 isnt a shell, and I hate what ppl are reselling them for; for a "insulator!"

I like the simplicity of the j32/j27; And I get now why the j47 resells for more. Its the higher notch jacket. I just do not know what to buy as my first acronym piece!

I’ll say that I’ve only owned the j28, j1a, j68, j16, and the j47 and I’ve gotten rid of all of them except my 47. As of now it’s my favorite jacket (so far) because of the stand up hood and collar, gigantic left pocket and sub pocket, and slim profile fit. J1a is a close second and I’d like to get my hands on a j36 when they rerelease it sometime in the future whenever that will be :)

1 hour ago, segue said:

I’ll say that I’ve only owned the j28, j1a, j68, j16, and the j47 and I’ve gotten rid of all of them except my 47. As of now it’s my favorite jacket (so far) because of the stand up hood and collar, gigantic left pocket and sub pocket, and slim profile fit. J1a is a close second and I’d like to get my hands on a j36 when they rerelease it sometime in the future whenever that will be :)

J47A it is then, I actually have few tabs opened for different ones for sale. But like another member mentioned, the new collection is going to drop and we know their will be fire pieces 

9 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

J47a has interops with all the bells and whistles 

j32 and j27 are “plain” in terms of acrnm jackets but they are great jackets in their own right 

j58 isn’t a shell

Bells and whistles I know but has the J47A got the EscapeZip(insert fancy trademark/copyright symbol)?

6 hours ago, ArmandGLA said:

J47A it is then, I actually have few tabs opened for different ones for sale. But like another member mentioned, the new collection is going to drop and we know their will be fire pieces 

Are you eyeing the one on Grailed that's shipped from the UK? Cause me too omg where's my wallet

Edited by hentaiyarou69

2 hours ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

Bells and whistles I know but has the J47A got the EscapeZip(insert fancy trademark/copyright symbol)?

Are you eyeing the one on Grailed that's shipped from the UK? Cause me too omg where's my wallet

Lol yup, he doesn’t have proof of purchase but looks reputable on Grailed. Theirs 2 other listings for less tho.

plus I am not sure how they run size wise, true to size ? Oversized ? 

46 minutes ago, ArmandGLA said:

Lol yup, he doesn’t have proof of purchase but looks reputable on Grailed. Theirs 2 other listings for less tho.

plus I am not sure how they run size wise, true to size ? Oversized ? 

For most brands, I usually Google the product designer ID, then look for Japanese websites because its their custom to do actual product measurements before listing on their website (since in Japan they don't have to take returns). This way you get a sense of the fit.

lmao wtf. my payment went through paypal, card was charged, got payment confirmation email and receipt, and then like 30 mins later got an email saying my order was "automatically cancelled due to a delay in the payment clearance process on PayPal". anyone had this happen before?

Just now, neromancer said:

lmao wtf. my payment went through paypal, card was charged, got payment confirmation email and receipt, and then like 30 mins later got an email saying my order was "automatically cancelled due to a delay in the payment clearance process on PayPal". anyone had this happen before?

you obviously not ready for KNIFE battle yet.

@neromancer Learned my lesson from the last drop. My order went through but canceled later due to pending communication between paypal & Chase. I guess it depends on your bank, but I have a couple K loaded up on my paypal just in case. Didn't help in the end tho since I missed the release while at work.. :dry:

Just now, X.bee said:

@neromancer Learned my lesson from the last drop. My order went through but canceled later due to pending communication between paypal & Chase. I guess it depends on your bank, but I have a couple K loaded up on my paypal just in case. Didn't help in the end tho since I missed the release while at work.. :dry:

ah, chase's fault... first time using my new chase card for an acr purchase lol. time to close my account!

47 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

Extremely interesting neck and collar design. Anyone else notice anything new?

Here's what I noticed:

• New hood
  • New collar (This collar is also fundamentally different than even the J69, which doesn't include a collar stand)
  • Second snap higher on the jacket (as they've done on many recent jackets like J47 / J69 / J66, etc.)
  • Hidden snap at bottom of zip
  • Black snaps (old ones were silver)
  • Added back hitch tab (from OG version)
  • Also first time I can recall them actually listing the models heights which is probably very useful for people new to the brand

• This j1a 2.2 recycles the hood/snaps from models like j16, j53, etc.
  • Off-center zipper
  • No escapezipǽ
  • Intricate storm flap with inner compartment reminiscent of the 3-j4ts
  • Not to mention the Kostas Seremetisǽ to ship with each jacket (presumably)

Straight from the description: 

"Modifications from Gen 2.0 include: new multi-position convertible storm collar, storm hood with redesigned visor/circumference adjustment, repositioned and resized GravityPocketsǽ, elongated liner access zip, addition of manubrium height center front snap closure, reintroduction of sleeve hitch tabs."

Curious to see how repositioned grav pockets work out for peeps.

They’re my least favorite aspect of both my J34 and J-47R. They always snag on just about any type of bag I’m wearing and causing the zip pulls to stick out and then I notice the pulls sticking out either due to rubbing on my jacket/random shit and or I just see them sticking out and get annoyed. And loading and unloading just ain’t that fun. They feel extremely time/mission specific. Be nice if the pocket was a compression style, cuz stuff just rattles around in there. Hell- half the folding knives I’ve tried carrying just fall right out past the snap. 

So yeah, here’s to hoping Shit is betterer now.

( Be nice to have a grav free option for a couple hundred less tbh... )

Edited by brainerd666
I’m dumb stupid with words

1 hour ago, jeddyhsu said:
  • This j1a 2.2 recycles the hood/snaps from models like j16, j53, etc.
  • Off-center zipper
  • No escapezipǽ
  • Intricate storm flap with inner compartment reminiscent of the 3-j4ts
  • Not to mention the Kostas Seremetisǽ to ship with each jacket (presumably)

Subsystems

ForceLockǽ
JacketSlingǽ
EscapeZipǽ 
SpeedLockǽ 
Gravity Pocketǽ
AuxZipǽ ( F )

Pockets: 9 
_External: 9
_Internal: 0

5 hours ago, X.bee said:

Does this way help reducing exchange rate as well? Always get robbed by paypal exchange rate.