Acronym.

Westbrook

Just now, gosgjkaj said:

I have no idea I only have a J47TS-GT in hand which the logo on the right, it really confuse me...

How about the J1A showing above? What do you thing in terms of authenticity?

Don't worry about the position of the logo, both versions are used.

The J1A looks authentic to me... certainly all the obvious signs (labels, zippers, micro-grid, colouration) look good. But better to ask someone who owns one. Something looks a little odd on the spec sheet, but I'm probably mistaken.

1 minute ago, lopiteaux said:

What exactly happened? Difficult to judge from the photo...

Normal wear, did nothing crazy.

Like a tiny little piece of silk came out from the outer fabric (?), not sure is that a appropriate explanation since I can't speak English properly (sad)...

Speaking about the fabric, it feels like silk in hand but definitely more durable. XPAC is way way more durable than this.

1 minute ago, gosgjkaj said:

Normal wear, did nothing crazy.

Like a tiny little piece of silk came out from the outer fabric (?), not sure is that a appropriate explanation since I can't speak English properly (sad)...

Speaking about the fabric, it feels like silk in hand but definitely more durable. XPAC is way way more durable than this.

Ah, gotcha... I thought that was dirt on my screen!

Thanks for the info... I'm thinking I might need to pick one up to see. The white looks incredible.

1 minute ago, lopiteaux said:

Ah, gotcha... I thought that was dirt on my screen!

Thanks for the info... I'm thinking I might need to pick one up to see. The white looks incredible.

No worry man.

My friend's conclusion: white looks better in picture and black looks better in hand.

But I can assure you it's fire when you wear it.

1 hour ago, lopiteaux said:

The white is so beautiful.

It is. I had both colors in hand and kept the white one. It's really cool. I use the jacket as midlayer more or less nonstop since November. Works totally good for me and I am very happy with the light, easy to wear and warm but not too warm jacket. Not sure if the jacket will work for longer time in the cold but for the winter in Munich as mid it was sufficient. I took the Large size because M was very tight and I like the loose look which Lenny had on the pics. Normally I take Medium for all of my acronym tops. 

27 minutes ago, Holger said:

It is. I had both colors in hand and kept the white one. It's really cool. I use the jacket as midlayer more or less nonstop since November. Works totally good for me and I am very happy with the light, easy to wear and warm but not too warm jacket. Not sure if the jacket will work for longer time in the cold but for the winter in Munich as mid it was sufficient. I took the Large size because M was very tight and I like the loose look which Lenny had on the pics. Normally I take Medium for all of my acronym tops. 

Oh I have to get it now...

9 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

Oh I have to get it now...

We had a cold snap in Seattle recently. I can say under 40F static warmth is not adequate under a shell. If you’re active quite a bit it’ll be fine since polartec alpha is meant for activity insulation. Also, most alpha insulated garments are made with wind permeable faces so keep that in mind. 

13 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

We had a cold snap in Seattle recently. I can say under 40F static warmth is not adequate under a shell. If you’re active quite a bit it’ll be fine since polartec alpha is meant for activity insulation. Also, most alpha insulated garments are made with wind permeable faces so keep that in mind. 

Very useful info, thanks mate.

5 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

That seller has negative feedback for selling fakes if you click on his profile

Edited by ArmandGLA

there are really really good fake P24A-DS in the market. the only way you can tell visually is when they're rolled up, the fakes are fuzzy inside unlike the authentic ones. the cut and hardware, however, is a 100% match

Edited by moneytalks

21 minutes ago, moneytalks said:

there are really really good fake P24A-DS in the market. the only way you can tell visually is when they're rolled up, the fakes are fuzzy inside unlike the authentic ones. the cut and hardware, however, is a 100% match

Fuzzy how? I just remembered now that when I rolled up my p24a it was a bit fuzzy but I thought it might’ve been from wear. And are these fakes recent? I got mines about a year ago 

Edited by Kamikaze

Are you serious about real good fake?

Its a huge difference between fake and og -DS (outer pattern,  softness, inside fuzzy texture, ribbon material, extremely crooked stitching etc.)

I have never seen a fake 24a-ds btw. Maybe you mean fake 23a-ds?...

Edited by Yan90

5 minutes ago, ArmandGLA said:

So quick question, their are some pretty faded acronym pants, and I wanted to re dye them to look some what original. is their a company or link to this discussion?

I was wondering the same thing on these old veilance pants I have. Most people would suggest rit dye but is there something more advanced?

1 minute ago, Yardsale said:

I was wondering the same thing on these old veilance pants I have. Most people would suggest rit dye but is there something more advanced?

I was thinking perhaps sending it to an established company to have them done correctly. Problem is, if you dye pants to get the fade away, will it match a acronym jacket color for example. I hate have different tones of black on me.