Acronym.

Westbrook

8 hours ago, danii said:

I do but leaks are not physical samples of the final product. (while movie trailers are exactly the same thing as final movie just smaller)

You're kidding, right? A movie trailer very often features clips, sounds, and cuts that don't appear in the final film. The trailer is an advert for the movie—it's incredibly simplistic to say it's simply the movie but smaller.

But, maybe more importantly—why are you in the Acronym thread complaining that people want to know what the new Acronym products are?

8 hours ago, danii said:

Those fuckers who leaked have killed subnet for us, pardon me that I do not want to support this behavior.

We don't know why Errolson decided to clamp down on subnet membership, but if I had to bet I'd say it had more to do with guys like 1K drawing "inspiration" from unreleased stuff for his own products.

18 hours ago, Calbeee said:

hey guys,

Just bought my first acronym shell, a J28.

I was wondering what you guys recommend as liners/what to wear under to keep warm.

As much as I like the J58, it is alot of money since i already bought the J28.  How does the J50-ws compare?

Any other suggestions would be great as well !

17 hours ago, bboysparrow said:

Strongly vouch for the arcteryx atom lt. Bought it as a midlayer for snowboarding but I wear it everywhere when its a little chilly out. Just so damn comfy and light.

my best investment in terms of cost / usage has been the atom lt.  i have worn that thing everyday for i dont know how long.  it is such a good piece that i'm honestly amazed at 1) how well it keeps you warm while being light 2) does not ever get too hot (good temp regulation) and 3) is somehow holding up (minimal igns of wear even though i've abused the hell out of it).  i will wear this jacket until it dies

21 hours ago, danii said:

I do not understand why is it so desirable to see leaks when you cannot buy anything anyway.

this seems a bit pretentious when you yourself look at leaks? it seems silly that you don't get the natural human reaction to being excited for unreleased and upcoming products about a brand you appreciate (whether or not they are final renditions of product releases). the re-release of the acronym prestos and the leaked samples were a perfect example of the community being excited and creating dialogue about a product and the potential direction it could take even if you couldn't purchase it.

Back in the day I was taking advantage of poor security of subnet and watching all the stuff in advance, sooner to realize that it's not making my life and acrnm experience any better. I bet that if you think about it, few pictures (no description) of what items will be available in 9 months, won't make you decide better on what to buy. Yes there was a time when all the inventory went superfast, but if you check the site now you can still see some SS18 items sit there. As if would not be enough that erlsn posts the collection on his instagram few days before drop. 

movie trailer vs. movie: both are sequences of moving images

leaks vs. acrnm piece irl: one is just few images taken out of context, second is functional fabric made garment

Surely it look elitist, but for me it was a good way how to afford the gear: there was a small discount and the payment was split in two and they were like 6 month apart, so it was a lighter impact on the wallet (even when the first one was march). So when I skipped a season and forgot about the 50% already paid it was quite ok. I ordered for friends too and ended up passing my credentials for nike drops to someone who will actually use it. Does it still sound elitist to you?

I commented on seeing the leaks because I thought many of you have too (as it was quite common for sufu people).

Edited by danii

We people at sufu knew the existence of J47TS-GT long before the collection launched, and it turned out just fine.

Not to blame anyone, to each their own. But as an ordinary guy who doesn’t have access to subnet, I wish that I can preview the new stuffs simply because I am interested and it might be beneficial to me. I can take my time to decide which item I really want, as mentioned before.

Edited by rogerhuangxj

On 1/20/2019 at 6:47 AM, hooper said:

sorry for being that guy, but what was the final verdict regarding the new presto sizing? im pretty much exactly a US 11.5 so dunno whether to take a 11 or a 12.

11 for sure. 

Okay, this has been bothering me for a long time..

What exactly is this logo? Is it a panda? MF Doom mask? Satellites? I have no effing clue & couldn't find it through searches.

Also if that J1P24ATS coverall ever comes out, I'm copping & quitting acrnm forever.

923104_300x300.jpeg

9 hours ago, X.bee said:

Okay, this has been bothering me for a long time..

What exactly is this logo? Is it a panda? MF Doom mask? Satellites? I have no effing clue & couldn't find it through searches.

As an art director i feel comfortable saying the rationale behind the icon was probably "futuristic looking shape"

Edited by Inkinsurgent

12 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

As an art director i feel comfortable saying the rationale behind the icon was probably "futuristic looking shape"

This.

You have to remember, that logo goes waaaay back—like, early 2000s, at the latest. Could be older. Back in those days, non-sensical futuristic computer-generated graphics were very common.

This sort of thing:

R-779-1171910330.jpeg.jpg