Acronym.

Westbrook

hey guys,

Just bought my first acronym shell, a J28.

I was wondering what you guys recommend as liners/what to wear under to keep warm.

As much as I like the J58, it is alot of money since i already bought the J28.  How does the J50-ws compare?

Any other suggestions would be great as well !

3 hours ago, Calbeee said:

hey guys,

Just bought my first acronym shell, a J28.

I was wondering what you guys recommend as liners/what to wear under to keep warm.

As much as I like the J58, it is alot of money since i already bought the J28.  How does the J50-ws compare?

Any other suggestions would be great as well !

I've owned both and I sold the J58 because I tended to wear the J50 as a stand-alone and the J58 (by design) is tighter around the waist because of the elastic so it works well as a liner but less so as a stand-alone. I found it also rides up on me a lot.

10 hours ago, Bigyen said:

You don't watch movie trailers?

I do but leaks are not physical samples of the final product. (while movie trailers are exactly the same thing as final movie just smaller)

Those fuckers who leaked have killed subnet for us, pardon me that I do not want to support this behavior.

5 hours ago, Yardsale said:

I've owned both and I sold the J58 because I tended to wear the J50 as a stand-alone and the J58 (by design) is tighter around the waist because of the elastic so it works well as a liner but less so as a stand-alone. I found it also rides up on me a lot.

Thats what i was thinking as well.  I do like the design more and i feel i would get more wear out of it even as a standalone piece.  How isit for warmth though, isit comparable to the J58?  i heard the J58 is beast for warmth.

1 hour ago, danii said:

I do but leaks are not physical samples of the final product. (while movie trailers are exactly the same thing as final movie just smaller)

Those fuckers who leaked have killed subnet for us, pardon me that I do not want to support this behavior.

success is what killed subnet. erlsn figured out he was no longer dependent on the incrowd aspect of the brand so why bother.

10 hours ago, Calbeee said:

would recommend veilance mionn is if you don't want to zip in. ultra soft and light.

But I feel like its useful to have liners attached to the shell in cold days.

Personally the most useful function, and you can do it with acg metamorphis as well. 

6 hours ago, danii said:

Very valid point, and I appreciate your integrity. If they wanted the general public to have a taste, they'd post previews in a public space.

I think it's worth stating that, given the speed with which the items sell out, the leaks have become integral to the purchasing decision (although that's probably overstating the importance). I think many have relied on this as the only way to make an informed decision on what they actually want to purchase. But, this point is slightly devalued now that items tend to sit in store for longer.

Can I ask, if you don't support leaks, why comment on what you've seen? Surely this just fuels the behaviour?

Edited by lopiteaux