Acronym.

Westbrook

7 hours ago, mariahscarry said:

seems like a decent time to post this since everyone is talking. I also just recently cleaned all my GT with home gentle detergent and had zero issues...fyi.

this is exactly the video I followed, I just throw the GT jacket into the dryer after a machine washing without spinning. 

But I used 2 in 1, probably I should try the specific spray to re-waterproof it. ;)

Edited by dreamboatjustsoul

2 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

this is exactly the video I followed, I just throw the GT jacket into the dryer after a machine washing without spinning. 

But I used 2 in 1, probably I should try the specific spray to re-waterproof it. ;)

Why would you not spin lol. Did you let the gtx jacket fully dry in the dryer? And from the look of the pictures your jacket is fine, your jacket's face fabric is still subjected to water after awhile and will inevitably be wet. As long as the water doesn't penetrate through the gtx membrane your jacket hasn't been compromised 

On 12/20/2018 at 3:07 PM, Toilettebun said:

And from the look of the pictures your jacket is fine, your jacket's face fabric is still subjected to water after awhile and will inevitably be wet. As long as the water doesn't penetrate through the gtx membrane your jacket hasn't been compromised 

Your comment is riddled with misinformation.

If the GoreTex wets out, which it looks like it is, then its no longer breathable- not quite fine. Completely avoidable with proper application of DWR coating.

Also if the GoreTex is still physically intact, then water will never penetrate. GoreTex membrane doesnt just lose waterproofness. Unless the jacket has rips or is falling apart at the seams it will stay waterproof. 

5 hours ago, overeasy said:

Your comment is riddled with misinformation.

If the GoreTex wets out, which it looks like it is, then its no longer breathable- not quite fine. Completely avoidable with proper application of DWR coating.

Also if the GoreTex is still physically intact, then water will never penetrate. GoreTex membrane doesnt just lose waterproofness. Unless the jacket has rips or is falling apart at the seams it will stay waterproof. 

Never mentioned that goretex membrane loses waterproofness only mentioned if the membrane starts to delaminate or contaminate from all the body oils and dirt will it start to lose much of its breathability and leaking. I've mentioned that if it's fine if the goretex wet out cause it's still effectively waterproof and it is unavoidable in heavy rain while his jacket is completely wet out due to improper washing procedure, the goretex itself is still waterproof. DWR coating is a first line of defense

Edited by Toilettebun

Great. Whatever film this is it will guaranteed put more hype on ACR pieces and drive prices up even more. The damn Barbour Skyfall jacket is still fetching high aftermarket prices however many years after release. 

2 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

Great. Whatever film this is it will guaranteed put more hype on ACR pieces and drive prices up even more. The damn Barbour Skyfall jacket is still fetching high aftermarket prices however many years after release. 

The tokito one? Love that jacket.

18 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

The tokito one? Love that jacket.

Yeah me too. Wish I’d been aware of it upon release. Might have to take a break from hunting old ACR and start tracking one of them down. The re-release isn’t nearly as well finished. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, aosd said:

Does anyone know if repairs/[email protected] ships out replacement Forcelock tape? I recently acquired a jacket that's missing the tape. 

1 hour ago, xc-mtb said:

Unfortunately not. Asked a couple of months ago as well. Had the same issue 

Not sure about Forelock, but they sent me a replacement logo tape when i found out my j28 didnt come with one. 

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a pair of p23a-s and I found that what everybody said about sizing down rings true as they're baggy af

That said, i love them and I'm looking to pick up my first jacket as well. I'm hoping somebody can give me some insight into jacket sizing (in particular the j32-gt)

I am 5"11 93kg with pretty broad shoulders. Would a size L be right for me?

2 hours ago, esper said:

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a pair of p23a-s and I found that what everybody said about sizing down rings true as they're baggy af

That said, i love them and I'm looking to pick up my first jacket as well. I'm hoping somebody can give me some insight into jacket sizing (in particular the j32-gt)

I am 5"11 93kg with pretty broad shoulders. Would a size L be right for me?

Yes, should work best. M is to tight.