Acronym.

Westbrook

3 hours ago, WiseFool said:

@HeckHouse are you wearing the j69 in the first image? 

I've been on the fence regarding the j69 as I've been after a rather minimal gtx shell that has all the bells and whistles under the facade of simplicity (similar to the early sisp designs and philosophy). I really like the jacket and I would have picked it up earlier but the two things holding me back were the raw edge reverse seams and the lack of a detachable hood (which could have been integrated in the form of press stud closure on the black Velcro tapes, as additional tapes ofcourse). I've also been contemplating the possibility of inserting studs on the black logo tapes and using the hood from the acg ss18 jacket when it's pouring but that would only secure the hood as a 2 point latch as opposed to 3. 

Could you kindly chime in on how the jacket has been holding up so far? 

Yes, it's the J69. I really love the jacket, and since it is windy more often than it rains here, it's well-suited for my climate. The frayed edges haven't changed noticeably. At the wrists and neck it's a  bit "fuzzy" but I doubt it's going to look ragged anytime soon, if ever. I'm small and it's difficult to find jackets that fit me well, and this one fits perfectly. 

The small irk I've had with it is that the collar has "forgotten" its shape on one side and doesn't have that seam that it did out of the box that keeps the collar tidy when it's up. So sometimes when it's up the pointed part of the pattern will stick out and forward. I don't think it looks all that strange and I'm sure most people don't notice it, but if I'm in the wrong mood I'll be agitated that I have to fold the point inside the collar, else it'll be jutting out a bit.

Great summary, thank you very much! I'm assuming the collar jutting issue occurs when you are using the snap closure / unzipped jacket? Is there a little 'pouch, for lack of a better word, where you can tuck the pointy end of the collar into? 

On a side note, are you able to layer comfortably with a hoodie or a crewneck without hindering motion / losing the profile shape of the jacket? Perhaps a shirt, overshirt or t shirt would work best. Finally, do you think sizing up would possibly work or would that distort the definition of the jacket? TIA!

9 hours ago, WiseFool said:

Great summary, thank you very much! I'm assuming the collar jutting issue occurs when you are using the snap closure / unzipped jacket? Is there a little 'pouch, for lack of a better word, where you can tuck the pointy end of the collar into? 

On a side note, are you able to layer comfortably with a hoodie or a crewneck without hindering motion / losing the profile shape of the jacket? Perhaps a shirt, overshirt or t shirt would work best. Finally, do you think sizing up would possibly work or would that distort the definition of the jacket? TIA!

No pouch, no, but usually I fold it in and it'll catch against my neck and stay put. You can see both sides "out" in this shot.DSC04692.thumb.jpg.c35eb9a2c9e8c41d88526cebe8803d7f.jpg

I've never tried a hoodie but I frequently wear a light crewneck over a tshirt under it and there's still plenty of range of motion.

7 hours ago, jukes said:

Any S21 owners out there? I am familiar with DS tops in the form of shirts, curious if the hood is worth the price or is it just a regular DS top with a hood and a few zippers?

It’s a very understated piece, like you said it’s just a regular DS hoodie, but the cuffs are made with mesh material which is a very nice touch.

I don’t own any DS shirt, but the S21 actually change my mind and I definitely will get some DS shirt in the future release.

10 minutes ago, kriztopher said:

It’s a very understated piece, like you said it’s just a regular DS hoodie, but the cuffs are made with mesh material which is a very nice touch.

I don’t own any DS shirt, but the S21 actually change my mind and I definitely will get some DS shirt in the future release.

You might notice how often the boss man wears his ds shirts all the time. Rock the best for himself :)

On 12/6/2018 at 7:03 AM, jukes said:

Any S21 owners out there? I am familiar with DS tops in the form of shirts, curious if the hood is worth the price or is it just a regular DS top with a hood and a few zippers?

I've got one in M. The hood has no adjustment so in terms of actual use it doesn't do anything the second theres any wind, and it's very thin as is the entire garment so it does not sit still. Aside from that, the S21 is as others said, very understatement and one I wear exactly as described on the product page; "perfect for all seasons". I wear it as standalone with sling, and as a midlayer when colder without overheating.

Price wise, it is quite a price increase from the previous versions and it's expensive, but it has some neat mesh cuffs and waistband, and just like most acronym stuff, you won't find it anywhere else anyway so price discussion is moot. 

Edited by swoleman

On 7.12.2018 at 12:51 PM, swoleman said:

I've got one in M. The hood has no adjustment so in terms of actual use it doesn't do anything the second theres any wind, and it's very thin as is the entire garment so it does not sit still. Aside from that, the S21 is as others said, very understatement and one I wear exactly as described on the product page; "perfect for all seasons". I wear it as standalone with sling, and as a midlayer when colder without overheating.

Price wise, it is quite a price increase from the previous versions and it's expensive, but it has some neat mesh cuffs and waistband, and just like most acronym stuff, you won't find it anywhere else anyway so price discussion is moot. 

I can echo this statement. I wear as well a Medium and it fits same as on the acronym pics. It is very light, packable and looks really cool. I have been wearing it all summer and it's probably my favorite SS18 piece. But I agree the price tag is heavy, but only time will tell if it worth it. 

51 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

NG8 owners, what’s the width of the neck when laid flat, as well as the height of the gaiter?

width = 27 cm

height = 27 cm

And I love it. It is awesome for the Winter, especially on the bike.

Edited by Holger

have a range of pants (stotz, dryskin, ch microtwill), and one blanket question for these materials...
i like keeping my pants clean so i wash (!!!) them once every few months. DS seems to keep repellency fairly decently, but CH and S do not. 
is there a way of "reactivating" the water repellence of these materials? does DWR spray work on these fabrics the same way it works no goretex?
so many questions, so little time actually spent walking in the rain in my expensive pants

1 hour ago, moneytalks said:

have a range of pants (stotz, dryskin, ch microtwill), and one blanket question for these materials...
i like keeping my pants clean so i wash (!!!) them once every few months. DS seems to keep repellency fairly decently, but CH and S do not. 
is there a way of "reactivating" the water repellence of these materials? does DWR spray work on these fabrics the same way it works no goretex?
so many questions, so little time actually spent walking in the rain in my expensive pants

Guys from Stotz said that you could use the Nikwax spray for cottons.

For CH pants, it seems that we have not talked about it before.

Edited by rogerhuangxj

thanks for the replies

as for the post above about grangers 2 in 1, you have to tumble dry your jacket. if you're afraid of throwing it in a hot dryer, you can do what i do and give it a good once over with a hair dryer. you'll feel like a dumbass, but hey, no one's watching lol

The recommendation was always to avoid the 2-in-1 from memory (I forget where that recommendation came from though!). I use the regular grangers wash then the grangers xtreme repel spray (think this has been discontinued but there is an equivalent now) on GT/WS etc and the results are always bulletproof. I also use the net bags in the tumble dryer to help protect the material.

I had previously always hand-washed Stotz EtaProof in a bath of nikwax but risked a machine wash in grangers the other day, after hearing horror stories, and the item came out absolutely fine. First few times a warm iron brings back the repellency (pretty sure this is all on the labels) then you can use the nikwax spray as previously mentioned.

Washed and dried my j1a-gt about a month ago with these two Grangers products. Washed the jacket with warm setting. Sprayed it down with DWR after. Then tumble dry on warm for like 30 minutes and it'll come out nicely. Thanks should go to @solographik

Also, the actual spray on the Grangers bottle is really bad so it might be a good idea to transfer the liquid into a different spray bottle.

Edited by mago_san_2d_god