Acronym.

Westbrook

39 minutes ago, Rough Sleeper said:

J47A-WS – same jacket from FW-1516, in cheaper fabric, but priced as much as original one.

J47TS-GT  – same jacket from FW-1516, with tec-sys instead of pocket LOL, priced almost twice as much as original one. 

NG4-PS – is NG3-PS from FW1516

NG9-PS – castrated version of NG3-PS

P23A-DS – P17 with cuffs, sorry, P23 with pockets (I like them though)

P27-DS, P27H-DS – P25's with slightly shorter in leg and drop. WOW!

P24A-S – upgraded version of WS-P3A from FW-0506?

SP28TS-DS – I don't even want to talk about these LMAO.

J69-GT – uglier version of GT-J22 from SS-12?

P22-DS – Lazy version of P17 with ugly cut.

Every single bag is worse than the original x-pac released 10 years ago, not just from design stand point, but functionally. Remove inner padding, remove pockets, logos, triple the price and call it "striped down version" LMAO. As for 3A modulars and prices, I don't even want to talk about them. 

Oh yeah? Name at least one original *hit* he released this fantastic year. 

You're right, everything was trash what was I thinking.

just managed to reverse my 3a-3ts to my left hand, as I am a left-hander. 

I don’t really use the INTEROPSǽ thing, since I feel like it is not convenient to get things from bag when I wear a hardshell. 

Btw do you guys usually wear a bag under hardshell?

IMG_0884.HEIC

Edited by dreamboatjustsoul

21 minutes ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

do you guys usually wear a bag under hardshell?

Under a hardshell, yes. With Interops? No, never. It looks cool, but in practice, I've found interops just doesnt really make things easier or work particularly well, but thats just one man's opinion.

3 hours ago, Rough Sleeper said:

J47A-WS – same jacket from FW-1516, in cheaper fabric, but priced as much as original one.

J47TS-GT  – same jacket from FW-1516, with tec-sys instead of pocket LOL, priced almost twice as much as original one. 

NG4-PS – is NG3-PS from FW1516

NG9-PS – castrated version of NG3-PS

P23A-DS – P17 with cuffs, sorry, P23 with pockets (I like them though)

P27-DS, P27H-DS – P25's with slightly shorter in leg and drop. WOW!

P24A-S – upgraded version of WS-P3A from FW-0506?

SP28TS-DS – I don't even want to talk about these LMAO.

J69-GT – uglier version of GT-J22 from SS-12?

P22-DS – Lazy version of P17 with ugly cut.

Every single bag is worse than the original x-pac released 10 years ago, not just from design stand point, but functionally. Remove inner padding, remove pockets, logos, triple the price and call it "striped down version" LMAO. As for 3A modulars and prices, I don't even want to talk about them. 

Oh yeah? Name at least one original *hit* he released this fantastic year. 

I mean, I get what you're saying but what we like about designers is their design language and development. You forgot about the NG8 being the NG1/2. Also, the P22 is a straight legged culotte and the 69 is more like a coaches jacket. In terms of hits, people tend to buy the ones that are closest to his older stuff so the other newer things just sit. I think that's why he needs to keep releasing those items. Iterations of J1/28/36/47 P10/23 will sell out into the foreseeable future, why would he stop? The 59, 66, 73, and 74 are pretty new but people would rather buy "old" new stuff rather than the "new" new stuff.

Honestly, re: the 3As, who knows? He's successful, probably running a larger business, I ain't mad at the man eating.

On 11/18/2018 at 1:02 AM, Kamikaze said:

Does anyone have any feedback on the J46fo? Seems to be chilling on the main site and I wanted a long coat for a while. 

I ordered the J46-FO with low expectations but have been pleasantly surprised by it. First impression was that it's very light for how substantial / bulky it is. Really comfortable to wear and although I haven't field tested it yet, seems like the Climashield insulation will work well for winter. Was very toasty when I tried it on. 

One of my biggest reservations before buying was the hood & hood stowing mechanism. As others have alluded to, the hood is very thin; however, this also allows it to pack up with minimal bulk. I was impressed by how well the collar hides the hood, especially since the hood includes a shock cord. If packed properly, it's barely perceptible. Another added benefit is that the collar doubles as a great neck warmer when the hood is stowed (couple extra layers of FO around the neck). Pretty clever stuff. Aside from the thinness, the hood itself is fine, functions well and can be cinched. 

As for the FO fabric, the texture is mostly soft and smooth but a bit crinkly to the touch. Not sure how else to describe it, you'd have to handle it for yourself. The fabric will patina over time, and you'll see the high wear areas develop more shine. 

Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase. Think it's a piece that's been slept on this season, but that's probably attributed to the crazy price and experimental nature of the fabric. Happy to answer any other questions if you had any in particular. 

13 hours ago, Rough Sleeper said:

To be clear, my statement was that there were plenty of aggressive designs. Yes, this year included plenty of iterations of fan favourites, but as @chaosen pointed out, this is what a lot of people, myself included, appreciate about the brand.

I don’t own the original X-Pac iteration, so can’t compare, but unless I’m missing something I’m pretty sure the functionality is unimpaired (the pockets are most certainly still there).

As for the price - this is a much debated topic this year, and I’m not sure what value there is in repeating what’s already been said. Yes, it’s more expensive. Yes, we still keep buying. And to be honest, I’m happy that I have more time to decide, to discuss it properly, to let it grow on me, and to make a decision. I feel that the higher price point has made me a more conscious consumer, and I appreciate that, whether inadvertent or not.

Regarding the modulars… I agree that the release has been a little underwhelming, but I feel that there is a theme in the use of less aggressive colour contrasts and materials. I probably won’t end up keeping any of the modulars, but that does not make it an inferior product. I do not need to like and/or purchase every single item that they release in order to respect the brand, what they do, and how they do it.

I know that that can branded as naïve idolisation, but don’t really care.

Name at least one original *hit* he released this fantastic year. 

You could argue that neither the J69 nor P22 were “hits”, as they’re still sitting on the racks, but I love them both.

Re: this years “collection”

not only is it important to think of Acronym’s drops as an evolution vs. collection, but even the individual pieces are released as a function of production rather than storytelling as with most designers. I think of Acronym less as a fashion brand and more that it’s just a design firm. In the same way Porsche evolves (how different does each 911 “look”, and how many new models are released) some people prefer certain years to others but each iteration is an attempt to better the previous. 

But in response pieces released this year... 

I’ve been loving my 72, no it’s not a jacket and I’ll never zip it into a shell so it’s a really expensive shirt, but the cut is perfect for DS.

P30 is my only venture into drop-crotchery, but again particularly the CH version has been a pleasant much more wearable design than I imagined. 

The J74 has been a dreamy surprise, thinner and lighter than it should be and the silkyness really stands out as an uber comfortable and easy layering piece.

J47a-ws is something I’ve been waiting for, being in SoCal GT is usually overkill so having a truly ACR-DNA jacket I can wear year round is perfect.

3A that’s not just an mz3 or 5 !?!? Seriously, we’ve been clamoring for these for years... mz2ts and mz1 are 2 of my all-timers.

Not to mention GT in volt and white!

I guess I’ve been more pleasantly surprised by offerings this year than anything.

21 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

I mean, I get what you're saying but what we like about designers is their design language and development. You forgot about the NG8 being the NG1/2. Also, the P22 is a straight legged culotte and the 69 is more like a coaches jacket. In terms of hits, people tend to buy the ones that are closest to his older stuff so the other newer things just sit. I think that's why he needs to keep releasing those items. Iterations of J1/28/36/47 P10/23 will sell out into the foreseeable future, why would he stop? The 59, 66, 73, and 74 are pretty new but people would rather buy "old" new stuff rather than the "new" new stuff.

Honestly, re: the 3As, who knows? He's successful, probably running a larger business, I ain't mad at the man eating.

He mad. The P24A is quite different to the P3 from over a decade ago and probably the most interesting trouser pattern ACR has made in a while. 

1 hour ago, drgitlin said:

He mad. The P24A is quite different to the P3 from over a decade ago and probably the most interesting trouser pattern ACR has made in a while. 

I agree. The pattern is deceptively complex and produces an interesting silhouette as a result. The knees to cuff are very interesting. I’m used to my P10’s ‘changing shape’ dependent on what angle they’re viewed from, but the 24A’s are very structurally dynamic and change your lower profile drastically depending on the POV. 

So I’ve always been a bit baffled by the measurements given for Acronym’s sizing charts. Always assumed I was a medium, but when I tried on the J58 I found it too tight through the chest, and I’ve had a similar problem with some SISP jackets.

So my question is: do you guys take the same size in Veilance that you do in Acronym? What about mainline Arc’teryx? I’m solidly a medium in both, so it would help to know how the two brands compare. One guy told me he sizes up for Acronym vs. Arc’teryx.

38 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

So I’ve always been a bit baffled by the measurements given for Acronym’s sizing charts. Always assumed I was a medium, but when I tried on the J58 I found it too tight through the chest, and I’ve had a similar problem with some SISP jackets.

So my question is: do you guys take the same size in Veilance that you do in Acronym? What about mainline Arc’teryx? I’m solidly a medium in both, so it would help to know how the two brands compare. One guy told me he sizes up for Acronym vs. Arc’teryx.

Really depends on the fit of each Acronym jacket. My general rule is that I size up for Profile fitting jackets and stay with my regular size for Straight fitting jackets. J58 is tight in the chest because the fit is Profile and supposed to layer underneath shells. 

2 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

As a rule of thumb I'm an M in Arc'teryx (mainline and Veilance - I have a Veilance Field Jacket in L, but wear it over multiple layers) and an L in Acronym jackets (profile and straight). 

Really depends on the jacket and/or generation. I have a J1A-GT and J47TS-GT (both in L) and while both spec sheets indicate the cuts as 'straight', the J1 feels closer to a 'profile' cut; to the point where wearing it over my J58 make things uncomfortably tight (could easily size up) - the J47 has room for a liner and then some. This is to say that the notion of what is 'straight' and 'profile' seems to have evolved over time and that following/comparing product measurements is a much more reliable rubric for sizing.

3A-5TS + 3A-MK2 + 3A-MZ2TS + 3A-MZ1

I chose to rig the 5TS with only X-PAC mods. The MK2 is spacious as to be expected, I chose the MZ2TS for the other side so that the bag does not become too long, it is much more compact and flat as compared to the MK2, limited in space in spite of it’s size. The MZ1 is like a long accessories holder, for cables, pens, etc.

EA423A88-98D1-4715-B8EC-84D43AFACAA4.jpeg

351BA2DB-C409-4FCE-A0A1-FE0C53323D4D.jpeg

1 hour ago, skycrawler said:

3A-5TS + 3A-MK2 + 3A-MZ2TS + 3A-MZ1

I chose to rig the 5TS with only X-PAC mods. The MK2 is spacious as to be expected, I chose the MZ2TS for the other side so that the bag does not become too long, it is much more compact and flat as compared to the MK2, limited in space in spite of it’s size. The MZ1 is like a long accessories holder, for cables, pens, etc.

EA423A88-98D1-4715-B8EC-84D43AFACAA4.jpeg

351BA2DB-C409-4FCE-A0A1-FE0C53323D4D.jpeg

I did pretty much same set, but changed the mk2 to mk1 one the side, which is really handful.IMG_5518.thumb.jpg.1e57dd3f5b68aeaa1154882c4cb0c936.jpg

Thanks @eyesolation.

I have conflicting measurements from END, with the 58/61cm for the L/XL, respectively. One of the Sellers has echoed these measurements, so I'm pretty confused.

The Firmament measurements also seem overstated... I expect the cut to be tighter than the J28-GT, which has a 62/65cm 1/2 chest for L/XL, respectively.

Any thoughts? Would someone that actually owns one be able to confirm?

1 hour ago, lopiteaux said:

Thanks @eyesolation.

I have conflicting measurements from END, with the 58/61cm for the L/XL, respectively. One of the Sellers has echoed these measurements, so I'm pretty confused.

The Firmament measurements also seem overstated... I expect the cut to be tighter than the J28-GT, which has a 62/65cm 1/2 chest for L/XL, respectively.

Any thoughts? Would someone that actually owns one be able to confirm?

I have the J1B and J28 in medium. I can't confirm the exact measurements for L/XL but I would say the J1B fits "roomier" than the J28.