Acronym.

Westbrook

3 hours ago, synapse said:

something about seeing the tiny 3A-MTS1 next to an 81 eur pricetag made me laugh

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c0a2cc5d7809250d0b093a8b9587b5e1.png

If you flip it backward and attach it with the tag facing the front, it’s like a tec sys logo tape. Having said that, I didn’t buy it but hope someone will and show us how it look. 

Btw my recalled J63A arrived at acrnm yesterday, and it only took them a day to repair and ship it again. Turnaround time will probably be about 2 weeks total despite UPS's crazy shipping route (Japan->USA->Germany->Czechia) and some delivery delay due to some supposed "Incomplete address information".

Edited by eyesolation

48 minutes ago, eyesolation said:

Btw my recalled J63A arrived at acrnm yesterday, and it only took them a day to repair and ship it again. Turnaround time will probably be about 2 weeks total despite UPS's crazy shipping route (Japan->USA->Germany->Czechia) and some delivery delay due to some supposed "Incomplete address information".

Same, just got an email this morning saying it is being shipped out today. was actually surprised with the 1 day repair. My label has been created but doesn't have an expected delivery date yet.

57 minutes ago, deathrazr said:

Same, just got an email this morning saying it is being shipped out today. was actually surprised with the 1 day repair. My label has been created but doesn't have an expected delivery date yet.

Had the same on a different order from them. Expected delivery date came like 1-2 days after my label was created.

25 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

Surprised the 3A-MP1 wasn't reissued. Great piece of kit.

I said the same thing, such a terrible 3a release imho :/ The recycled ideas using new material and 60% price hike, i'm disappointed.

Also, just for reference...   2015 prices compared to 2018.

3A-MK3: 138eur ---> 227eur

3A-MK2: 153eur ---> 295eur

3A-MZ2TS: 99eur ---> 240eur

1 hour ago, mariahscarry said:

I said the same thing, such a terrible 3a release imho :/ The recycled ideas using new material and 60% price hike, i'm disappointed.

Also, just for reference...   2015 prices compared to 2018.

3A-MK3: 138eur ---> 227eur

3A-MK2: 153eur ---> 295eur

3A-MZ2TS: 99eur ---> 240eur

This happens to every luxury brand that goes mainstream and has resell potential. People will still buy into the brand no matter what.

I thought this release of mods and bags has been amazing. I’ve been searching for a pair of mp2ts for the longest. And thought things like the mz1 and mts6 would never come back ! Not to mention almost every bag returned. Big price hike true but I’ve been searching for so long it was nice to wake up to go to the bathroom at 520am and secure the Bag lol 

15 minutes ago, msoldano said:

I thought this release of mods and bags has been amazing. I’ve been searching for a pair of mp2ts for the longest. And thought things like the mz1 and mts6 would never come back ! Not to mention almost every bag returned. Big price hike true but I’ve been searching for so long it was nice to wake up to go to the bathroom at 520am and secure the Bag lol 

Yeah not complaining at all, I've been chasing the pen holder for a minute. I like the new stuff too.

Same, I'm stoked I finally got all those mods I've been hunting for. And yes the price hike hurts, but it's still half of what you'd have to pay some reseller on grailed for the same item in used condition (if it ever turns up for sale to begin with). And if it were the original pricing, things would've been all swooped up by resellers instantly anyway. Only thing I'm bummed about is that the drop happened while I was on a long distance flight... the MP2TS was long gone when I got off that plane ... I guess you can't have it all.

Edited by eyesolation

On 10/31/2018 at 9:15 PM, eyesolation said:

Speaking of P23 variants, am I the only one who can't figure out how to use the drawcord on the -S/-CH properly? The one on the -DS has buckles to hold it in place, but the regular one just seems to end in loose straps for decoration? Is there a way to fix them in the cinched position? I realize you can just tie their ends together but that looks like crap and gets in the way of using a belt...

I didn't see this answered but I had trouble with this at first too.  I figured out that you have to tug the left and right straps separately back and forth repeatedly and it'll cinch the material pretty well.  It'll come loose a bit over time but it'll make putting on the belt easier.

2 hours ago, bacontowel said:

How does the j58ws compare to the mionn is from veilance? I want to get a insulator for my j1ts but not sure if i want to spend 1300ish for a j58 when i can get the alternative for half the price. 

I've owned both. The Mionn is way slimmer—in my case I find it more flattering. The J58 has this permanently tightened elastic thing at the hem, and if you don't fill it out (if your hips are narrower than average) it tends to mushroom out in this awkward way.

That being said, the J58 is made with Climashield, which is way more breathable than the regular Coreloft that Veilance tends to use (mainline Arc sometimes uses "Coreloft Continuous," which is more like the stuff used in the J58). As far as warmth goes, I couldn't tell you which is warmer (though everyone says the J58 is insanely warm, and I've found the Mionn prohibitively warm for conditions above 7 degrees celsius).

Finally, I'd point out that the J58 uses windstopper, which is not technically waterproof, but is going to deal with rain and snow much more effectively than the light windbreaker material used in the Mionn, so I'd say the J58 might do better as a standalone jacket...

Edited by junkie_dolphin

Just received the mods I ordered. Packing is nice and the changed their shipping box.

3A-WB2 review: It is shorter than I thought. Take some effort to tighten the belt as it is thick web and stiff, still cant figure out the use of the hanging olive thread. 

Edited by darkart

5 minutes ago, darkart said:

Just received the mods I ordered. Packing is nice and the changed their shipping box.

3A-WB2 review: It is shorter than I thought. Take some effort to tighten the belt as it is thick web and stiff, still cant figure out the use of the hanging olive thread. 

If you don't like it, let me know............. ;)

I didnt get the J63 but glad to hear the turnaround was quick for everyone that copped. Reassuring for any large scale mishaps that may happen in the future. Any word on repairs for peoples missing & incorrectly placed buttons?

Edited by X.bee

10 hours ago, bacontowel said:

How does the j58ws compare to the mionn is from veilance? I want to get a insulator for my j1ts but not sure if i want to spend 1300ish for a j58 when i can get the alternative for half the price. 

Gonna echo dolphin on this one as I own both as well and the 58 is a more substantial insulator in both the material and warming categories. Mionn has a cleaner more low profile look and sizing up on the 58 helped with the overall fit and using the second zip to alleviate the bunchiness works well.

Can definitely get by with the veilance if you’re looking for a cheaper insulator and can be worn stand alone. I do prefer the 58 and get plenty of usage out of it both under a shell and by itself.

On 11/13/2018 at 4:59 PM, junkie_dolphin said:

If someone can point me to a similar belt (or someone who can make one for me—it can't be that hard) I'd be appreciative. it's hard to find a nice, simple belt—especially one that won't set off a metal detector.

On a different note, I grabbed what might have been the MP2TS. Can't wait to get a cancelation email.

https://www.511tactical.com/operator-belt-1-34-wide.html

Buckle is stainless steel though

21 minutes ago, robbatussin said:

Anyone use a 3A-MK1 between the buckles on a 6TS? Identical pricing on the MK1 and MK3 has me wondering if I can comfortably fit the wider mod in there without it being too crammed. 

My 6TS before I sold it.  MK3 on left, MK1 on right.  It is a tighter fit but doable. 

Edited by thatslapz