Acronym.

Westbrook

27 minutes ago, rogerhuangxj said:

This is the moment when I loathe some of the members here.

Yes some of us don’t know about fabric differences, some of us never handled jackets with escape zips, and I personally never fully understood how to use hitch tab on sleeves even though it has been explained several times already.

So? Knowing all of those tricks makes you superior or what?

I understand your point, but shouldnt you be understand what you buying before you pull the trigger, afterall thats a 2000 euro jacket. That means the hype of ACR is too much which blinds you guys completely. This is true, acronym is cool brand and makes cool stuff, but its not god. I prefer buying my item with full understanding of it and my eyes fully opened. 

43 minutes ago, rogerhuangxj said:

This is the moment when I loathe some of the members here.

Yes some of us don’t know about fabric differences, some of us never handled jackets with escape zips, and I personally never fully understood how to use hitch tab on sleeves even though it has been explained several times already.

So? Knowing all of those tricks makes you superior or what?

Exactly, and a lot of us don’t have friends who are into the same stuff so a lot of the info needs to be found out via places like this.

personally never had escapezips in real life but used to have them in our combat vests in the military. Not really a self explanatory thing in civilian clothing 

If a brand is foreign to you and you spent the time to make an account to go the sub thread for it; then maybe spend the time to lurk, read older pages, and use the search bar. There's years of useful information so it only benefits you to check it out. Plus the V26-A video on the mothersite is a good demo on certain jacket features ;)

12 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

itt: people who joined yesterday being unhelpful and elitist to people who have participated in this community for a decade. 

Confused now, are these comments pointed at me as I’m quite new to SUFU?

defo didn’t mean to come across wrong 

2 hours ago, AvantSol said:

If a brand is foreign to you and you spent the time to make an account to go the sub thread for it; then maybe spend the time to lurk, read older pages, and use the search bar. There's years of useful information so it only benefits you to check it out. Plus the V26-A video on the mothersite is a good demo on certain jacket features ;)

Just wanted to say this—and it’s not directed at you specifically, it’s more like a thing I’ve been seeing around the internet since I was really young:

Forum search engines always suck. Always. And I’ve always found it to be the most bullshit thing to tell someone (especially someone new)—that they should “use the search engine.” The search engine sucks dude. Sufu’s search engine really sucks (at leases last time I used it)—clunky, buggy, slow.

And in the end, how exactly would the guy above have searched for the answer to his question? It’s not like he knew he was searching for something called “escape zip.”

Instead of bitching about how noobs should go back and read literally hundreds of pages of text (much of which is discussion of dead links—not the most interesting thing to do), maybe the complainers should put together a quick FAQ/intro to techwear, so they can point to something helpful (and really, does it actually take that much more time to type “escape zip” than it does to type “read the thread, use the search engine?”).

Edited by junkie_dolphin

C'mon man let's be real, if you're gonna spend a shit ton on money on these clothes you gotta do a little research. 

And you're missing the point of my statement; I'm not saying go back hundreds of pages to find one piece of information. Do it to actually learn something about what you're buying. Not like sufu is the only source either.

(And btw the features like escape zip are listed on the acrnm page of the piece, just saying!)

42 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

C'mon man let's be real, if you're gonna spend a shit ton on money on these clothes you gotta do a little research. 

And you're missing the point of my statement; I'm not saying go back hundreds of pages to find one piece of information. Do it to actually learn something about what you're buying. Not like sufu is the only source either.

(And btw the features like escape zip are listed on the acrnm page of the piece, just saying!)

When I bought my 3a-1, I knew I wanted the bag for a number of reasons (some of which were aesthetic, but many were practical)—but I had no idea what that waterproof zip on the side of the bag was for. I thought it was a pocket, but I wasn't sure—so I was looking at the pocket number on the product page, and I couldn't figure out where the "last" pocket was. Turns out, the side zip just leads to the main compartment, and I had missed the two "mezzanine pockets" (I didn't understand what those were, and the product pics didn't really do a good job of explaining). I had to come here and ask around. People were kind enough to explain, even though this is literally the oldest product Acronym makes. Should I have lurked more? I have literally never seen a photo or video of anyone using that zip. Ever.

Acronym's website does not always do a good job of explaining features.

Acronym deletes old product listings, so it's hard to accumulate knowledge of older product just from browsing.

You can do lots of research on a product and not learn everything about it. Escape zips are honestly not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Anyways, I was directing my post at a tendency that I see around here—it wasn't really meant for you specifically (I said as much, and I didn't neg rep you or anything).

1 hour ago, junkie_dolphin said:

When I bought my 3a-1, I knew I wanted the bag for a number of reasons (some of which were aesthetic, but many were practical)—but I had no idea what that waterproof zip on the side of the bag was for. I thought it was a pocket, but I wasn't sure—so I was looking at the pocket number on the product page, and I couldn't figure out where the "last" pocket was. Turns out, the side zip just leads to the main compartment, and I had missed the two "mezzanine pockets" (I didn't understand what those were, and the product pics didn't really do a good job of explaining). I had to come here and ask around. People were kind enough to explain, even though this is literally the oldest product Acronym makes. Should I have lurked more? I have literally never seen a photo or video of anyone using that zip. Ever.

Acronym's website does not always do a good job of explaining features.

Acronym deletes old product listings, so it's hard to accumulate knowledge of older product just from browsing.

You can do lots of research on a product and not learn everything about it. Escape zips are honestly not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Anyways, I was directing my post at a tendency that I see around here—it wasn't really meant for you specifically (I said as much, and I didn't neg rep you or anything).

Wait, where are those mezzanine pockets?

I am starting to wonder if I have missed some pockets on my 3ts.

I dunno man...the escape zip is like 0.2% of the jacket. I had to email them to understand what it was for several years back. I am super lazy and some pockets I will probably never even open on my stuff if I just like the jacket as a whole but have no interest in their function. Who even uses escape zip or gravity pockets as we’ve said countless times. My take is that if you think the jacket looks cool and you’re gonna enjoy wearing it just buy it - you don’t need to exercise or even understand all the functions.

Edited by RemarkableArmor

1 hour ago, Dolphinski said:

Q: What's that tab on the end of my zip?

Your mum: Don't worry yourself about things like that dear.

Your mate: You paid HOW MUCH for that jacket?

TWG: It's a defect! Acrnm suck, their customer service suck and they're overpriced elitists ripping off decent hardworking folk. Anyway, my $5 waterproof thrift jacket has a zip that works perfectly.

SUFU:  USE THE SEARCH YOU F**KING IDIOT

Talking heads on IG: vEnMo mE

lolz

24 minutes ago, rogerhuangxj said:

Wait, where are those mezzanine pockets?

I am starting to wonder if I have missed some pockets on my 3ts.

There are no MZ pockets on the 3TS. MZ pockets are behind the MK1/2-looking pockets on the 3A-1.

MZ pockets in general refer to any pocket that's behind a "real" pocket.  For example on the J28 there are extra pockets behind the "real" ones (the ones with velcro flaps).  See this bottle on the right of the pic:

NcAZwqe.jpg

Edited by piece keeper

3 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Just wanted to say this—and it’s not directed at you specifically, it’s more like a thing I’ve been seeing around the internet since I was really young:

Forum search engines always suck. Always. And I’ve always found it to be the most bullshit thing to tell someone (especially someone new)—that they should “use the search engine.” The search engine sucks dude. Sufu’s search engine really sucks (at leases last time I used it)—clunky, buggy, slow.

And in the end, how exactly would the guy above have searched for the answer to his question? It’s not like he knew he was searching for something called “escape zip.”

Instead of bitching about how noobs should go back and read literally hundreds of pages of text (much of which is discussion of dead links—not the most interesting thing to do), maybe the complainers should put together a quick FAQ/intro to techwear, so they can point to something helpful (and really, does it actually take that much more time to type “escape zip” than it does to type “read the thread, use the search engine?”).

I'll do a FAQ. Again. Will solicit input.

The problem with an FAQ is not that it doesn't exist (as @CARLOOA and others have made before); it's that people don't know what they don't know.

If you don't know about EscapeZip, how do you search for it?  You can't search it by name, so you try and describe it..."zipper without teeth"?  Same with "mezzanine pockets"--that's not a word in the common vernacular, so people won't know to search it.

It's not ideal but I think the solution is to keep answering these questions when they arise instead of saying, "use the search function."  The advantage that forums have over Reddit (which, let's face it, killed forums) is that a discussion is on-going (reddit threads last for a day or two, max?).  The more people come here to discuss the longer it survives :)  That includes the questions asked millions of times before.

3 hours ago, piece keeper said:

There are no MZ pockets on the 3TS. MZ pockets are behind the MK1/2-looking pockets on the 3A-1.

MZ pockets in general refer to any pocket that's behind a "real" pocket.  For example on the J28 there are extra pockets behind the "real" ones (the ones with velcro flaps).  See this bottle on the right of the pic:

This is the first time I see a GT piece aged like this.. almost like S fabric. Does it still waterproof well? 

Has the time come to compile the Acronym Bible? I've been able to search for most info I am looking for by trying different keywords in the search bar, but it would be nice to have a more advanced version of that little Acrnm dictionary that's floating around. Maybe with compiled pics of function or what things like auxzip/acronym sound actually look like (took me a week or so to discover the hole on the J16). Also all pieces that have been released with their different iterations & evolutions. Just a suggestion, I don't mind assisting with this.