Acronym.

Westbrook

10 hours ago, neromancer said:

WTT:

SM1-AM (from last year FW-1718), 9/10 condition. worn but no snags or other signs of significant wear, could probably pass off as new. would like to trade for KR-SM1 in similar condition as I'd like something a little lighter weight

Any thoughts on KR-SM1 vs SM1-AM vs SM1-AK? I felt the KR was the warmest with a tendency to overheat indoors. AM & AK don't stow as small, definitely not pocketable as KR, which makes the main function pointless

a031e70874_w470.jpg

3 hours ago, segue said:

Glad that they are doing their job to fulfill standard recall procedures.  Wouldn't have expected any less even as an "experimental" brand due to this level of oversight.  I also agree with @brainerd666 that its surprising that this issue wasn't caught anywhere in the planning, production, qa, process so im wondering WHAT ALL OUR MONEY IS GOING TOWARDS.

When E brings up that all acrnm gear is super difficult to make and expensive, I just think about the replicas that are out there and sure, there are differences with regards to quality (fabrics, construction) but I wonder if the delta in price is actually worth the quality gap in rep vs real with regards to construction since the fabric quality difference could be easily addressed (just order the same fabric and ship it). the concern here would be construction but I've also never handled a rep so I don't know exaclty how poor of the quality is.  all this to say it would be nice for everyone that bought the j63 should get some type of comp even after sending it for repairs.

R&D is a huge cost too which is often overlooked, so the price tag reflects that as well.  The replica-makers don't have to do that legwork because ACR has done it all for them.  This is also why ACR tries so hard to be secretive with its drops: so that someone doesn't get it to market first.

And I unfortunately did get scammed once and got a replica from YAJ (but was able to get my money back, phew!).  Externally yeah it looks pretty close, and if that's all that you care about then fine (you suck).  But in hand it was immediately apparent that it was fake.  The stitching was really messy and the fit was horribly off.  It's actually quite laughable that if these guys are copying the real deal they still can't get it right.  It makes me more appreciative of the ACR team's skill. 

Not sure if I've missed this (or if it was reported elsewhere) but the NG9-PS is sized Large (One Size) when utilizing AuxZip.

Kind of bummed since I wanted a "perfect" fit into my XL J1A-GT but it'll do the job regardless.  It can be my secondary NG when using the J62-S open configuration.

As for first impressions, I like that it doesn't bulk up the neck area of any shell or jacket you have on and the PS fabric is quite nice.  It's a very versatile piece that'll work with just about anything and has an understated look/feel when compared to the NG4 (although I'm sure everyone already knew that).

First foray into the zipped NG products and am pleased.

24 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

So first impressions on the J74-PX. Again, I'm 5'9", 180lbs. 40" chest measurement, 39R US suit size. Walk ~3/4 mile to work, walk my dog 1.5–2 miles a day. Live in Seattle. Current temperature ranges from 45–60F rainy, though not right now.

Fit: Sized perfectly. Less constricting than the 50/51/58 fit. Looser shoulders and looser midsection comparatively. No riding up as the hem isn't as constricting—terminates a little past hips. Sleeve hem also slightly looser. I think the fit is perfect. The hood is ample with the perfect angle to avoid pulling your head down to create nerd neck. I would not size up at all.

Finish: Aux zip works. Fabric is more dull than recent SI:SP pertex iterations. Ripstop reinforcement not visible if there is any. Face fabric is so thin that even getting the slight flap in the zipper doesn't prevent zipping. Main zip appear to be vislon polymer zips and pulls. Two-way closure is always finicky but tolerable. Arm and front pocket storage have locking reverse coil vislons.

Function: Alpha is good for 45-50 when moving. Let me be clear, if you're looking for straight static warmth, this is not the jacket for you. If you're in like 30F, you will be cold with this as your only midlayer. Weight is great but not as light as an Atom SL, probably best comparable is Dyadic Comp Hoody and it's roughly 100 grams less. Better than both I think. Great insulation; Climashield tends to make me overheat on my morning walk to work and walking my dog; Alpha has not. Face is definitely not windproof entirely but that's probably to facilitate breathability. Recent Acronym with the exception of the J28 have been quite trim even cut for insulators so this loft is preferable to me—low restriction in radial arm movement and through the midsection. The front and back entry front pockets are a revelation as well. My favorite part is the hood though, it makes my 61GT have some structure to it and keeps my bald head warm.

Probably an acronym piece that I won't sell. If you know me, I've cycled through quite a bit. 

I got mine today too. I actually sized up from M to L, and while the fit is slightly oversized, I like how relaxed it fits and appreciate the extra length. The face fabric is so silky its extremely easy to layer with. I can wear a hoodie, J74, and a hardshell, and still have complete mobility. With my J58, there is no way I could layer a hoodie underneath. I couldn't agree more with the double sided entry front pockets too; they're perfect.

13 minutes ago, GFNS said:

Not sure if I've missed this (or if it was reported elsewhere) but the NG9-PS is sized Large (One Size) when utilizing AuxZip.

Kind of bummed since I wanted a "perfect" fit into my XL J1A-GT but it'll do the job regardless.  It can be my secondary NG when using the J62-S open configuration.

I'm confused—are auxzips sized differently depending on the size of the jacket? Does this mean that you won't be able to zip the NG9 into a size medium jacket?

7 hours ago, dannyeli said:

Just an update, got an email from the customer svc, and this is what they sent me,

"...please confirm with us that you would indeed want to have the AuxZip repaired on our J63A-FO by replying to this email. We are willing to cover all return and repair costs to correctly revise this flaw by providing you with a respective UPS label. Please note that repair time will be roughly 2-3 weeks, so you would receive your corrected jacket within 1 month of return departure -- barring unforeseen circumstances (potential delays due to customs, inclement weather, etc.)"

In another follow-up email to the one on top.

"...All duties and fees for the second delivery of the repaired jacket to you will be covered by ACRONYM."

Just waiting for them to send me the UPS label now I guess.

For anyone that didn't purchase through mothersite, contact your retailer.  Returns have to go through them, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, junkie_dolphin said:

I'm confused—are auxzips sized differently depending on the size of the jacket? Does this mean that you won't be able to zip the NG9 into a size medium jacket?

I haven't confirmed that but the NG9 came close to the length of my Large J64TS-S.  I think they maybe do M/L?

It would be good to get confirmation on that.  Not entirely sure myself.

5 minutes ago, GFNS said:

I haven't confirmed that but the NG9 came close to the length of my Large J64TS-S.  I think they maybe do M/L?

It would be good to get confirmation on that.  Not entirely sure myself.

Site shows the following:

Subsystems

AuxZipǽ ( M )

Which I guess means it's sized for Medium jackets.

3 hours ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

I got mine today too. I actually sized up from M to L, and while the fit is slightly oversized, I like how relaxed it fits and appreciate the extra length. The face fabric is so silky its extremely easy to layer with. I can wear a hoodie, J74, and a hardshell, and still have complete mobility. With my J58, there is no way I could layer a hoodie underneath. I couldn't agree more with the double sided entry front pockets too; they're perfect.

Can you share your measurements as well? I got the Jacket yesterday in Medium and I am 180cm, 77kg and 105cm chest measurement. I really love the jacket but I am afraid it is a little bit too small for me and I am a big fan of oversizing too :). Not sure if I am able to get a bigger size somewhere, but keep a jacket which does not fit properly is also not an option. many thx in advance.

7 hours ago, piece keeper said:

R&D is a huge cost too which is often overlooked, so the price tag reflects that as well.  The replica-makers don't have to do that legwork because ACR has done it all for them.  This is also why ACR tries so hard to be secretive with its drops: so that someone doesn't get it to market first.

And I unfortunately did get scammed once and got a replica from YAJ (but was able to get my money back, phew!).  Externally yeah it looks pretty close, and if that's all that you care about then fine (you suck).  But in hand it was immediately apparent that it was fake.  The stitching was really messy and the fit was horribly off.  It's actually quite laughable that if these guys are copying the real deal they still can't get it right.  It makes me more appreciative of the ACR team's skill. 

good point with r&d. no i dont care about just external flaunting because i need items that i buy to function.  one of the reasons why i use my acrnm jackets more than my other outwear (veilance included )is the simple jacketsling that i now can't live without.  from pics for at least stotz reps its hard to tell but as you said, i guess the gap is more apparent in person

3 hours ago, Holger said:

Can you share your measurements as well? I got the Jacket yesterday in Medium and I am 180cm, 77kg and 105cm chest measurement. I really love the jacket but I am afraid it is a little bit too small for me and I am a big fan of oversizing too :). Not sure if I am able to get a bigger size somewhere, but keep a jacket which does not fit properly is also not an option. many thx in advance.

I am 6'1 (185cm), and same weight as you. Not sure what my chest measurement is ATM but with "Straight" fit jackets, I have always worn a Medium. On recent "Profile" shells like J62-S and J69, I sized up to a Large. The J74 is the first time I sized up on a "Straight" fit jacket. I tried both M and L but the Large just seemed to drape way better. 

The way Umit is wearing the J74 is how the Medium fit me whereas the way Lenny is wearing the Medium is how the Large fits me if that helps. 

5 hours ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

I am 6'1 (185cm), and same weight as you. Not sure what my chest measurement is ATM but with "Straight" fit jackets, I have always worn a Medium. On recent "Profile" shells like J62-S and J69, I sized up to a Large. The J74 is the first time I sized up on a "Straight" fit jacket. I tried both M and L but the Large just seemed to drape way better. 

The way Umit is wearing the J74 is how the Medium fit me whereas the way Lenny is wearing the Medium is how the Large fits me if that helps. 

That helps a lot. I am now pretty sure I will need a Large as well for J74. Many Thx. 

About to pull the trigger on *that* 3a floating around. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could get the zipper fixed? To repair the zipper, would tailors/alteration shops be the appropriate place to try? Is it ripped past the point of no return? First 3a btw.

rip zip.jpg

11 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

About to pull the trigger on *that* 3a floating around. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could get the zipper fixed? To repair the zipper, would tailors/alteration shops be the appropriate place to try? Is it ripped past the point of no return? First 3a btw.

rip zip.jpg

Same happened to mine, on both sides. A tailor can sew a stopping point slightly in front of it so it stops short of that. It looks ghetto as hell on mine but I guess it keeps the bag working.

11 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

rip zip.jpg

They would, my local one fix similar for cheap.

one thing you need tell them xpac is bit fragile than cotton or Cordura material bags they being dealing with all day, then their tricks would be gentle.

I have a question- on the  J47TS there is a 1 inch gap at the top of the zip- there are teeth on one side but on the opposite there is nothing, can anyone shed light on the purpose of this? Also the teeth on the opposite side of this short gap are a different calibre to the rest of the zip.

FullSizeRender.jpg

2 hours ago, undercover73 said:

I have a question- on the  J47TS there is a 1 inch gap at the top of the zip- there are teeth on one side but on the opposite there is nothing, can anyone shed light on the purpose of this? Also the teeth on the opposite side of this short gap are a different calibre to the rest of the zip.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Seriously?:blink:

1 hour ago, darkart said:

Seriously?:blink:

This is the moment when I loathe some of the members here.

Yes some of us don’t know about fabric differences, some of us never handled jackets with escape zips, and I personally never fully understood how to use hitch tab on sleeves even though it has been explained several times already.

So? Knowing all of those tricks makes you superior or what?

Edited by rogerhuangxj