Acronym.

Westbrook

16 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Is your auxzip sewn on backwards? I've been hearing quite a few complaints thus far about J63A owners unable to use the auxzip because of that.

In fact every single one I've asked has said that theirs was backwards. Seems to be a widespread issue.

Oh fuck me, yes it is. lol, I just took out my hardshell to compare. I didn't think of it. Thanks for letting me know!

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Is your auxzip sewn on backwards? I've been hearing quite a few complaints thus far about J63A owners unable to use the auxzip because of that.

In fact every single one I've asked has said that theirs was backwards. Seems to be a widespread issue.

Just sent an email to them and they replied acknowledging the flaw. Fingers crossed they resolve this in a reasonable time frame lol.

A friend just told me that the notre shop model also has the same flaws in the jacket he wore in their product shots. (the zip entry point is on the left side instead of the right)

NOTRE-CHICAGO-ACRONYM-J63A-FO-345_2048x2048.jpg

Edited by dannyeli

2 hours ago, eyesolation said:

they now removed the 63A from the store alltogether - time for a recall?

No, experimental jackets. Due to the complex ... ah whatever... you name it. ;-)

Also received J63 today. I missed PB drop back in the time but I really liked looks of J63 from the previous iteration, so it is a desired cop. 

The material is amazing (as for me) it is super soft and leather-like. I can't compare with PB but to be honest I expected it to be much thinner and more like an SS jacket (I don't know why, my imagination told me that), but in reality, it has a fleece-like inner layer which makes this jacket pretty wearable during the winter as well. Color is cool! As for me, it is greenish-black but maybe depends a lot on the light. Also, it is not as shiny as on product photos (again maybe due to the light).

Another thing is a chest pocket, as @dannyeli mentioned above it is extremely thin like a paper and this is not so cool. I hope that material is "hard" enough to prevent a pocket break, but time will show.

Regarding the size - I usually wear L so took my usual size and all in all, I like how it fits. Maybe I would prefer a shoulder area to be a little bit wider, but it is not a big problem. I tried to wear a hoodie underneath and it looks good and still comfortable. But this is taste-related if you like a baggy fit I would suggest to size up. 

Regarding auxzip - yeah, seems like I have the same problem as everyone else, and it is definitely acronym fuck up, and this is a little bit disappointing, they should do something with their quality check. But to be honest, I won't return jacket back because I don't use auxzip at all, I often like to take off my hardshell, especially somewhere inside, but using auxzip it is not possible. Not my thing. But again, this is definitely a fuck up.

photo_2018-10-22_23-14-14.jpg

photo_2018-10-22_23-14-24.jpg

in the same situation, my 63a comes in tomorrow and I already paid my duties in advance and it would suck to have to ship it back to them knowing they won't cover the shipping cost. I highly doubt they can repair it or even acknowledge it. Will most likely offer full refunds if you return it back to them. sucks man

16 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

Considering the emphasis lately from E regarding paying higher wage/experienced workers, as well as the mast head of detail orientation, cross over use, and tiering- this is a pretty big gaffe. And one that could have easily been spotted both pre and post production. For a piece running this kind of money it’s inexcusable IMO. They should provide free repairs across the board, no ship fees no bullshit. 

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjMyb1dhQmt3bW1CbzJ2azhwcjEy

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjMyb1dhQmt3bW1CakpQWExqRVFE

Ok now some people are reporting UPS is not delivering their packages due to a "delivery change requested" - it seems like acrnm's trying to get the packages back.
While that by itself is certainly welcome, as it saves us from paying import duties for something we have to return anyway (even though they could be a bit more transparent about what's going on), apparently these requests are also affecting packages for orders that do not contain a J63A. So for anyone still having their non-J63 items en route, it's probably a good idea to pay attention to the UPS status and interfere with any unwanted delivery change.
What a huge clusterfuck.

44 minutes ago, Rpg196 said:

Do acronym pants true to size? I’m a 34 in reg and in acg pants. 

I would say that it depends on the model and material. If you are talking about DS then you could take just your size (at least it works like this for me). Talking about S - it is not super straightforward, because if your height 185+ and we are talking about models like P23A (or other similar models) then pants in your size could be too short for you and fit will be totally different compared to the product shots. But if you are talking about P24-like pants then you should proceed with your size because otherwise, you gonna look like a rapper from the 2000s.

Just an update, got an email from the customer svc, and this is what they sent me,

"...please confirm with us that you would indeed want to have the AuxZip repaired on our J63A-FO by replying to this email. We are willing to cover all return and repair costs to correctly revise this flaw by providing you with a respective UPS label. Please note that repair time will be roughly 2-3 weeks, so you would receive your corrected jacket within 1 month of return departure -- barring unforeseen circumstances (potential delays due to customs, inclement weather, etc.)"

In another follow-up email to the one on top.

"...All duties and fees for the second delivery of the repaired jacket to you will be covered by ACRONYM."

Just waiting for them to send me the UPS label now I guess.

57 minutes ago, dannyeli said:

Just an update, got an email from the customer svc, and this is what they sent me,

"...please confirm with us that you would indeed want to have the AuxZip repaired on our J63A-FO by replying to this email. We are willing to cover all return and repair costs to correctly revise this flaw by providing you with a respective UPS label. Please note that repair time will be roughly 2-3 weeks, so you would receive your corrected jacket within 1 month of return departure -- barring unforeseen circumstances (potential delays due to customs, inclement weather, etc.)"

In another follow-up email to the one on top.

"...All duties and fees for the second delivery of the repaired jacket to you will be covered by ACRONYM."

Just waiting for them to send me the UPS label now I guess.

Glad that they are doing their job to fulfill standard recall procedures.  Wouldn't have expected any less even as an "experimental" brand due to this level of oversight.  I also agree with @brainerd666 that its surprising that this issue wasn't caught anywhere in the planning, production, qa, process so im wondering WHAT ALL OUR MONEY IS GOING TOWARDS.

When E brings up that all acrnm gear is super difficult to make and expensive, I just think about the replicas that are out there and sure, there are differences with regards to quality (fabrics, construction) but I wonder if the delta in price is actually worth the quality gap in rep vs real with regards to construction since the fabric quality difference could be easily addressed (just order the same fabric and ship it). the concern here would be construction but I've also never handled a rep so I don't know exaclty how poor of the quality is.  all this to say it would be nice for everyone that bought the j63 should get some type of comp even after sending it for repairs.

6 hours ago, eyesolation said:

Ok now some people are reporting UPS is not delivering their packages due to a "delivery change requested" - it seems like acrnm's trying to get the packages back.
While that by itself is certainly welcome, as it saves us from paying import duties for something we have to return anyway (even though they could be a bit more transparent about what's going on), apparently these requests are also affecting packages for orders that do not contain a J63A. So for anyone still having their non-J63 items en route, it's probably a good idea to pay attention to the UPS status and interfere with any unwanted delivery change.
What a huge clusterfuck.

Got an email this morning from UPS saying this as well AFTER i paid my duties already.. I quickly called UPS and told them I already paid my duties and I need this package delivered today. Everyone out there MONITOR YOUR UPS TRACKING#.

32 minutes ago, segue said:

Glad that they are doing their job to fulfill standard recall procedures.  Wouldn't have expected any less even as an "experimental" brand due to this level of oversight.  I also agree with @brainerd666 that its surprising that this issue wasn't caught anywhere in the planning, production, qa, process so im wondering WHAT ALL OUR MONEY IS GOING TOWARDS.

When E brings up that all acrnm gear is super difficult to make and expensive, I just think about the replicas that are out there and sure, there are differences with regards to quality (fabrics, construction) but I wonder if the delta in price is actually worth the quality gap in rep vs real with regards to construction since the fabric quality difference could be easily addressed (just order the same fabric and ship it). the concern here would be construction but I've also never handled a rep so I don't know exaclty how poor of the quality is.  all this to say it would be nice for everyone that bought the j63 should get some type of comp even after sending it for repairs.

Mistakes happen, and its frustrating. But I thought this was the fairest way to resolve the issue.

Given how some people have complained in the past about their customer service, I felt that the replies came really fast and they offered a fair resolution for it. Can't say I'm dissatisfied with the service lol

18 minutes ago, dannyeli said:

Mistakes happen, and its frustrating. But I thought this was the fairest way to resolve the issue.

Given how some people have complained in the past about their customer service, I felt that the replies came really fast and they offered a fair resolution for it. Can't say I'm dissatisfied with the service lol

They knew they had to address this issue before it got way out of hand. This is different than the 3a3ts foil bag issues as this was a defect before the customers even got the products in their hands. Everyone can easily file a paypal claim on them and they can't risk having all the defected jackets sent back to them as well as losing the sale as well.