Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, CARLOOA said:

I got black as well. I decided on black because, if I'm going for all black, the tonality and textural difference add a bit more variety. I'm a big fan of PB/FO, MP, and K. I'm really interested on who manufactures the face fabric because it still appears like pertex quantum. It would also make sense with the breathability of alpha insulation to have a really breathable face and liner.

I hope this can replace my Arc'Teryx Atom LT in most situations. Dead bird logo is too Alpha for me. @branespload

Sounds good. I am looking forward to try the jacket and I like it very much that they are going new ways in regards of tonality and texture. I really hope for a lightweight, warm and breathable jacket. Looking quite a while for a Jacket which I can wear as stand alone and as mid layer under my J54-LP for the cold winter days in Munich.
I should get my delivery Monday or latest Tuesday. Let's see.

23 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Forever jealous of 54 owners ...will always regret passing that piece!

Was my first acronym part which I bought and only because it was the only Jacket available on the web shop at this time. the fabric is awesome and it still looks like brand new. 
sometimes you get lucky. 

50 minutes ago, Holger said:

Was my first acronym part which I bought and only because it was the only Jacket available on the web shop at this time. the fabric is awesome and it still looks like brand new. 
sometimes you get lucky. 

Curious how you sized, would you recommend going one down or did you go with your usual size?

Anyone else a little disappointed the P23a-s doesn’t have the ladder lock buckles? I like that they button, and that I can get buckles for like $1 on Amazon, but I don’t really get the cinches if you have to always wear a belt too :huh:

B2E154FA-E86A-4E71-989E-3AF9E027082C.jpeg

1 hour ago, meccaNIZM said:

Anyone else a little disappointed the P23a-s doesn’t have the ladder lock buckles? I like that they button, and that I can get buckles for like $1 on Amazon, but I don’t really get the cinches if you have to always wear a belt too :huh:

B2E154FA-E86A-4E71-989E-3AF9E027082C.jpeg

Somehow I actually prefer buttons. My P10-S uses buttons while the P10TS-DS uses lock buckles, which is faster. But i always find buttons more sturdy... personal preference. My guess is buttons for Stotz and buckles for DS fabric.

Edited by skycrawler

10 hours ago, thatslapz said:

Curious how you sized, would you recommend going one down or did you go with your usual size?

I would stick with my usual size. 
I am 180cm (5.9 ft) and use for all my ACR Jackets size M and so far that works very well. I am normally wearing a 50/52 or L, but ACR is always a little bigger and wider than the rest. The J54-LP is quite big for size M, but as long as you are not too thin and lightweight it should work for you. Specially if you want to wear a mid-layer under the Jacket. Currently I always use my J48-BR as mid-layer and for a long time I used an ISOARA insulated Jacket as well. And that was fitting very well. I hope that helps.

Edited by Holger

7 hours ago, iamundying said:

comparison of the left chest pocket for j47a and j47ts

I feel like if you put a mod in the left chest pocket on the j47ts it would just feel really awkward if it isn't the new xpac mod that was teased earlier. any other ones would just feel like a bunch of rubbing would go on.

If both chest pouches were somewhat loaded it probably wouldn’t feel tooo awkward I’m guessing. I’m more interested in how much of a pain in the ass it is to mount shit to that internal TS? And how useful it is based on that...? 

On 10/1/2018 at 10:57 AM, symbebekos said:

Just ordered a black 3A-13TS. Judging from the photos, it looks to me like that stitched strip of fabric at the top can be used as a handle?

How'd you end up liking the 13ts? I'm thinking about picking one up, but I'm wondering whether or not it'll fit a 15" Macbook Pro. 

56 minutes ago, aosd said:

How'd you end up liking the 13ts? I'm thinking about picking one up, but I'm wondering whether or not it'll fit a 15" Macbook Pro. 

I'm coming from 3a-3TSes with mods and the 13TS in X-Pac is not for me, unfortunately. Maybe it just needs to be broken in, but it feels like it sits boxy, even unloaded. I do like the white lining (so you can see your shit) and the overall size (compact), but others were right, the omission of the handle hurts the 8TS comparison. Right now I think my dream alternate bag is the 8TS in Cordura. 

4 hours ago, AvantSol said:

@yankees19032002 how is it in terms of warmth? Compared to climashield?

Its definitely not the warmest liner jacket they have put out. 

They used the 60g version of the fabric, which is the thinnest and lightest option available. Unlike the WS climashield jackets, the face nylon fabric of the PX is very thin and highly water resistant (which I think might be the 30g Pertex Quantum). But to add to @CARLOOA's point, the adaptability of the Alpha's active insulation, combined with a thin and water resistant nylon face fabric makes this jacket suitable in more weather situations. 

Edited by yankees19032002

30 minutes ago, yankees19032002 said:

Its definitely not the warmest liner jacket they have put out. 

They used the 60g version of the fabric, which is the thinnest and lightest option available. Unlike the WS climashield jackets, the face nylon fabric of the PX is very thin and highly water resistant (which I think might be the 30g Pertex Quantum). But to add to @CARLOOA's point, the adaptability of the Alpha's active insulation, combined with a thin and water resistant nylon face fabric makes this jacket more suitable in more weather situations. 

I’ve always thought it was quantum. Hah. 

Received the J63A today. Quite pleased with how it feels and looks, they do look better in person than in the product shots. Abit wary of the pockets as they really feel like the packing paper which came with the jacket and could tear open anytime.

The jacket is extremely light but only time will tell how well they hold up. I don't have the PB version so I can't really compare. Happy to provide any details which you guys might want. Sizing wise I'm 183cm and 90kg and a large fit me perfectly.

Uploaded a shitty pic so you guys can see how it fits.

IMG_7762.thumb.jpg.360d6b975dcaa906f0fd0be6f0625e98.jpg

Edited by dannyeli
formatting

9 minutes ago, dannyeli said:

Received the J63A today. Quite pleased with how it feels and looks, they do look better in person than in the product shots. Abit wary of the pockets as they really feel like the packing paper which came with the jacket and could tear open anytime.

Is your auxzip sewn on backwards? I've been hearing quite a few complaints thus far about J63A owners unable to use the auxzip because of that.

In fact every single one I've asked has said that theirs was backwards. Seems to be a widespread issue.