Acronym.

Westbrook

Was able to purchase the P27's in store at Haven as they were left over from the online release.

Really cool pant, something about the fit seems different than the SS version, a little more normal looking around the crotch area. So far I've really enjoyed the DS fabric, my other Acronym pants are all Stotz, and have little to no stretch. The DS fabric is a nice change for sure. Definitely an underrated pant in comparison to the P30 or P25, I think these are just as wearable if not more, and was surprised to see them not sell out.

I'd be happy to post fit pictures if anyone is interested.

Anyone complaining about having to search the thread for HTS codes etc... Honestly, how hard is it to copy/paste the info and save it as a document for future reference? Also save, bookmark, whatever this https://outdoorindustry.org/resource/oia-legislation-establishes-new-woven-performance-outerwear-classifications/ PDF at the bottom of the page.

Back on track, really looking forward to getting the 63a. I thought the black PX fabric looked much more trash baggie than the FO. I feel the products shots probably don’t do the FO justice for how it will appear in person. Mothership shots have an image to compare after 3 months of use like w the raw edges they did during SS. Like many items only time and a bit of abuse will tell.

edit: damn @xh79 now I’m even more anxious for a shipping notice after your post

Edited by wexler

1 hour ago, xh79 said:

Was able to check out several of the pieces in person today; a few of my brief impressions:

J47TS (Black): This actually looked better in person than in the photos, IMO. I already have the J47R so I couldn't really justify it, but trying it on I was certainly sorely tempted. The pockets generally are thoughtfully laid out; I think the left chest pocket is superior to the one on the R version. The one thing I didn't like so much was the collar -- it seems noticeably taller on the TS than the R, and looks slightly awkward to me, at least on my frame. Definitely one of the pieces I liked best, though

Thanks for sharing. From the product shots, I also thought the collar on the 47 looked slightly revised. With the hood out, the TS seems to hold its shape better, which is something that has always bothered me on my 47R.

One question: Does the 47TS have the same high pocket that the 47, 47A, and 47R have or does it only have the one that dips down like the 47A? Surprised the product shots don't show the full pocket array.

7 hours ago, mariahscarry said:

Why isn't this a process Acronym has learned (over numerous years) they need to handle for their customers? Why is it up to me as the customer, after paying $2k+ for a jacket, to then have to deal with import duties (including communicating correct import codes before i get hit with additional fees!^!^). This is a MASSIVE flaw in this business model. Can someone please make an additional thread for Import Procedures. I hate having to self-filter out all these posts when trying to read up on acr sufu. 

Man this is part of the fun.

How could you call it a full acrnm buying experience without the import duty procedures?

40 minutes ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

Thanks for sharing. From the product shots, I also thought the collar on the 47 looked slightly revised. With the hood out, the TS seems to hold its shape better, which is something that has always bothered me on my 47R.

One question: Does the 47TS have the same high pocket that the 47, 47A, and 47R have or does it only have the one that dips down like the 47A? Surprised the product shots don't show the full pocket array.

I was curious about that as well. The chest pocket configuration on the 47R can be... interesting to work with at times. I’d almost rather it was a one way zip, as opposed to how it works on both. Can be a bit frustrating trying to remember where you started and stopped the zips in relation to the inner pocket, which I really like in practice, but takes a lot of practice to get used to getting the zips right so you don’t have to open both. The other pockets on the TS and previous iterations look cool, but I just can’t see myself actually using them by and large. And the TS rail itself- see my above comment about pockets. 

2 hours ago, xh79 said:

Was able to check out several of the pieces in person today; a few of my brief impressions:

J47TS (Black): This actually looked better in person than in the photos, IMO. I already have the J47R so I couldn't really justify it, but trying it on I was certainly sorely tempted. The pockets generally are thoughtfully laid out; I think the left chest pocket is superior to the one on the R version. The one thing I didn't like so much was the collar -- it seems noticeably taller on the TS than the R, and looks slightly awkward to me, at least on my frame. Definitely one of the pieces I liked best, though.

J47TS (White): This did not look as good in person as in the photos. The material seemed like it would dull / discolor / stain easily; just taking it out of the plastic bag it attracted some bits of dust and fibers floating around and they were highly evident against the white background. All-white is admittedly not my style, but even so, I had been attracted to this piece by the photos before I saw it in person. I'm guessing this is one that others might really enjoy, just wasn't for me.

P23A: In the photos, I liked the look of the RAF better; in person I liked the black better (and actually bought a pair). These are definitely cartoony / cosplay-ish, but fun, and more utilitarian than something like the P26 (also a fun pant) given the extra pockets. The seat is kind of ridiculously wide, presumably because Stotz has no give and they're designed to allow you to move freely, but if you have less of a slim frame than I do they'd probably look more "normal".

J63A: The FO fabric looked better in person than I imagined from the photos (more kind of future-synthetic, less pleather), and the hand-feel was slightly different than I expected, but I still can't quite dig it. Design-wise I actually really like the cut of this one, but it's also incredibly similar to an old Vexed Generation leather jacket I have with a full-face zip so I wasn't overly tempted. Definitely the nicer of the FO jackets in my mind, though.

J46: I have the J46U-WS, and it's probably one of the Acronym jackets I wear most often, but I didn't really like this one too much. The lining made it feel kind of "overstuffed" somehow, which is the same impression I feel like the product photos give; combined with the FO fabric I just wasn't feeling it.

J72-AK: This was a standout piece to me, and the other one along with the P23A that I ended up actually purchasing. The fabric is interesting and quite good-looking IMO, and I love the simplicity -- even though it has jacketsling loops attached, and I'm sure the marginal cost of a jacketsling is next to nothing, I kind of liked that they didn't include one with the jacket; the stripped-down cleanness of it (no pockets on an Acronym jacket!) I found strongly appealing.

J74: I only saw this in the white, which looked amazing -- this is the one piece I actually regret missing out on this season. The fabric is essentially translucent, which I didn't quite realize from the product photos, and the way it behaves in the light in the real world is really appealing. The cut is also quite nice, and I like the black contrast details on the white jacket.

You make me regret not getting p23a-s.

I have been waiting for ch version of p23a but now I’m starting to come around that rigid Stotz suits wide pants like p23 very well. The more I look at the photos, the more I want it.

Also I noticed that most of us may prefer DS and CH than Stotz, cos Stotz pants usually sit around a bit longer.

Edited by rogerhuangxj

5 minutes ago, rogerhuangxj said:

You make me regretting p23a-s.

I have been waiting for ch version of p23a but now I’m starting to come around that rigid Stotz suits wide pants like p23 very well. The more I look at the photos, the more I want it.

Also I noticed that most of us may prefer DS and CH than Stotz, cos Stotz pants usually sit around a bit longer.

i would have jumped on the p23a-s but i really couldnt justify spending 1.5k on another pair when i already had the DS version. but im curious to see the how the stotz versions for p23a and p24a wear and drape compared to the DS iterations. 

@xh79 always good for a in person review for products.

I would strongly recommend if people newly to buy first acrnm jacket for versatile choosing j74 white or j63a.

J74 shares good pockets array of j40-l which i use quite often and enjoy, and upper part of the body is like j43 to me which clean enough be a fast move jacket. As well as arm pocket heavilly influenced by bomber one as j50 or j51 as liner.

im too the people have biase on shakedry, sorry. but j63 as a softshell be alright biking or urban movement with a carol christian poell vibe, the a pockets add capacity and to keep from using 3rdarm ages shakedry fast.

though im not sure for the idea of p23a-s, i got the idea totally but really think sisp convert delieveries the whole output as well as quality, price, design, better. but hell yeah, even though they close, a different thing still, but that basiclly idea from a guy usually head to toe acrnm i would assume it tell something.

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

2 hours ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

Assuming that by high pocket you're referring to the same chest pocket configuration as @brainerd666 -- I don't remember this super well to be honest but the configuration of the internal chest pocket may be slightly different from the 47R. I think the opening may have been angled slightly downwards as opposed to the "catch pocket" style of the inner chest pocket on the 47R, but I don't remember it clearly enough to stake money on that. Also, with regard to @brainerd666's point on the chest zips, definitely agree that a one-way zip would be preferable. However, the 47TS has an important advantage here in that the position of the outer "pouch" part of the pocket visible on the exterior of the jacket serves to act as a clear guide for where you need to open the outer zipper in order to access the inner pocket -- I can say that this felt very natural to me; without really thinking about it I zipped it open to the internal pocket and could access it without fiddling around.

Can confirm as well that the hood out on the TS version seems to wear more naturally than the R version; it came shipped with the hood out as opposed to the way I recall the R shipping. Personally I prefer to keep the hood stowed on mine (and generally prefer those jackets where I can remove the hood), so this is probably part of why the redesigned collar felt weird to me, but if you like to keep the hood out I think it looks better on the newer version, yeah.

3 hours ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

I only have a 47A-WS for comparison, but the 47TS has one inner pocket inside the chest pocket and TS where the A has another pocket.  The description says three pockets, but it's really two with TS for the option of three (or more depending on how you configure).

4 hours ago, xh79 said:

J47TS (White): This did not look as good in person as in the photos. The material seemed like it would dull / discolor / stain easily; just taking it out of the plastic bag it attracted some bits of dust and fibers floating around and they were highly evident against the white background. All-white is admittedly not my style, but even so, I had been attracted to this piece by the photos before I saw it in person. I'm guessing this is one that others might really enjoy, just wasn't for me.

Thanks for the hands on feedback, one of the reasons I enjoy in store drops is reading everyone's thoughts across the collection.  I pretty much agree with you on everything you mentioned, just a slightly different opinion on the 47TS in white. 

For me, it looked better in person than in the photos.  I had an impression it was an extremely bright white from the product shots, but I found it to be more muted and matte in person which is my personal preference.  I agree that the material does seem to stain relatively easily (dulling/discoloration tbd), but I feel like offering the same jacket in black makes it a non issue.  Meaning if someone wanted the jacket for the cut and features, but did not want to worry about the white, they could just buy the black version.

I did not expect to buy the J47 when I walked in the store, but after trying it on it was an (almost) easy decision.  The all white construction highlights the articulation and features using light rather than the deconstructivist reverse seam allowances on the J69-GT and J66-GT and GTV.  I can also see the stitching and other "raised" areas where there is overlapping fabric darkening with age and use (and dirt lol), which should further highlight the patterning.  Lastly, the gray seam tape should start to show through and highlight the articulation from the interior.  This is not pronounced on black GT Pro shells (and you won't see it on WS because the seams are not taped), but I had started to see the effect on my GT-J22 before I sold it for my J69-GT and I loved it.  Of course, this is all speculation at this point, but I intend to find out. I have faith that the folks at Acronym did not choose to make a shell out of a "fragile" fabric like this (or PB/FO and GT-V) without a reason.

Edited by thatslapz

My man. This is the stuff that makes sufu sufu. Refreshing to see a first impression that's much more than just "jacket's dope, yo." Hadn't considered how discoloration would add to the jacket, highlighting the details. Now I can imagine it serving as shadows that accentuate the construction. Errolson referring to ACR as "wearable architecture" is more apt every season. 

1 hour ago, thatslapz said:

I did not expect to buy the J47 when I walked in the store, but after trying it on it was an (almost) easy decision. 

I assume this means you ended up purchasing it; care to show us an on-body look and details of the jacket from a non-studio perspective?

Clip fully loaded.

I've owned the 47, 47A, 47A-WS. Honestly, I think the 47-GT is the best iteration of this jacket, it's like a super 32-GT! It's probably a preference thing but I think the left pocket array is fairly ugly in the A-GT iteration unless fully stuffed. The R-GT: I quite hate the Raccagni and reverse seams. The A-WS has this baggier aesthetic that matches the slouchy pant style of recent Acronym but retains the unneeded pimp-your-ride-pockets-in-pockets style. I appreciate the details in the A-WS, reverse press studs, tec-sys stowage of the other WS pieces, etc. I guess I just don't understand the love of the jacket; probably why I've sold it so many times...

Which brings me to the most recent 47TS-GT: aux zip and TS at the horizontal mid pocket and the interior mezzanine pocket. I know there has to be a fit allowance for the insulator, right? Can anyone report? I'm feeling like the next jackets will likely be J28TS-GT or J36TS-GT. I would really like to see hybrid jackets again! I think GT-PRO shells with WS pockets would look incredible with detachable FO hoods. Alternatively, FO detailing like upper arm sleeves on the 1A like the 1A-S.

Lastly, with regard to the white fabric, I used to have the SI:SP transform bag in white and yellowed quite fast. Kind of wary of white nylon and hardware with these jackets.

25 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Which brings me to the most recent 47TS-GT: aux zip and TS at the horizontal mid pocket and the interior mezzanine pocket. I know there has to be a fit allowance for the insulator, right? Can anyone report? 

I tried the 47TS and 47A-WS (it's actually yours lol) over my J58.  They both have about the same amount of room around the shoulders and arms, the TS might be a little roomier but it could also be the stiffer GT Pro vs. the lighter WS.  The 47TS feels and looks a little wider from the chest down through the waist. 

@jeddyhsu will try to get some fit pics soon

53 minutes ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

For ppl wondering how white stuffs ages years later.

i got three models and material for your ref.

one is ss-j4 wb-400 with nanosphere. It’s like 10 years usage with daily biking, causal wear. Oh of course food dirt like oil also split before, but it would be cleaned well, least in my opinion. 

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjBlVmxaQTNMRkNZRlh2OUROSkxT

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjBlVmxaQTNMRkNZQ3luL3hldTdZ

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjBlVmxaQTNMRkNZSGZMZnI0aW9o

Another is stotz white sp1ts-s,age would like around 5 years. 

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjJaMitGUG1tZE9DN3k1MmJyVjU4

And this dyskin, this is def not same as recent ds one cause that’s a high cotton blend.This should be around 10 years.

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjNHOFBkWVZTUllUSUtvN29mRUNL

updated:

these all basiclly i being weaing long term white stuffs. i should have j74-px white soon, and for j65 white merino i not sure im good buying one as its too year 3000 with new gt white.

for me wb-400 white=high ratio cotton dryskin >stotz >gt pro white(no chacne touching them but im honest with personal bias)

6 hours ago, chillwaveplaylist said:

Was able to purchase the P27's in store at Haven as they were left over from the online release.

Really cool pant, something about the fit seems different than the SS version, a little more normal looking around the crotch area. So far I've really enjoyed the DS fabric, my other Acronym pants are all Stotz, and have little to no stretch. The DS fabric is a nice change for sure. Definitely an underrated pant in comparison to the P30 or P25, I think these are just as wearable if not more, and was surprised to see them not sell out.

Yes please!!!

7 hours ago, chillwaveplaylist said:

The only issue I have with the 27HD is that it’s a 3/4 length pant in the winter. That’s like releasing a short sleeve jacket in the winter. :ph34r:

8 hours ago, xh79 said:

This made me feel so much better about not picking it up, was so tempted to buy since the stock photos looked amazing but in the long run I can imagine that jacket will look dull unless you clean it fairly often.

11 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

Which brings me to the most recent 47TS-GT: aux zip and TS at the horizontal mid pocket and the interior mezzanine pocket. I know there has to be a fit allowance for the insulator, right?

Agreed that the 47 iteration is the best version. In its minimalist state, the pocket array and zipper placement is perfectly balanced. I saved the measurements from when I bought my 47R, and they are exactly the same as the 47TS so I don't think they changed the fit block. Having said that, I always felt like my 58 fit pretty well under my 47 because its a bit roomier than other jackets to begin with. 

17 hours ago, xh79 said:

Was able to check out several of the pieces in person today; a few of my brief impressions

J74: I only saw this in the white, which looked amazing -- this is the one piece I actually regret missing out on this season. The fabric is essentially translucent, which I didn't quite realize from the product photos, and the way it behaves in the light in the real world is really appealing. The cut is also quite nice, and I like the black contrast details on the white jacket.

Now I may reget that I bought black. I was just afraid that the white looks in person not as good as on the pics. But I will wait how the black J74 will look in real and decide afterwards. 
Many Thx for sharing your impressions!

And I share your view on the P23A-S. I made the same observation. 

Edited by Holger

56 minutes ago, Holger said:

Now I may reget that I bought black. I was just afraid that the white looks in person not as good as on the pics. But I will wait how the black J74 will look in real and decide afterwards. 
Many Thx for sharing your impressions!

And I share your view on the P23A-S. I made the same observation. 

I got black as well. I decided on black because, if I'm going for all black, the tonality and textural difference add a bit more variety. I'm a big fan of PB/FO, MP, and K. I'm really interested on who manufactures the face fabric because it still appears like pertex quantum. It would also make sense with the breathability of alpha insulation to have a really breathable face and liner.

I hope this can replace my Arc'Teryx Atom LT in most situations. Dead bird logo is too Alpha for me. @branespload

Edited by CARLOOA

6 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

I got black as well. I decided on black because, if I'm going for all black, the tonality and textural difference add a bit more variety. I'm a big fan of PB/FO, MP, and K. I'm really interested on who manufactures the face fabric because it still appears like pertex quantum. It would also make sense with the breathability of alpha insulation to have a really breathable face and liner.

I hope this can replace my Arc'Teryx Atom LT in most situations. Dead bird logo is too Alpha for me. @branespload

Not trying to state the obvious but I assumed the PX did stand for Pertex?