Acronym.

Westbrook

13 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

I really dig the design of the J63A, but just can’t get with the look of the infinium fabric. Looks too much like a trash bag from the Matrix or some shit. If it was 3XDry I’d be all over that business. 

too shiny

the wool liner are the stand out items

Edited by JoseRizal

7 minutes ago, segue said:

bodega just dropped their stuff.  surprisingly their prices are much higher than hotoveli (at least for the j47s didnt look at the others)

https://shop.bdgastore.com/collections/acronym

they're ~10% higher than what they were supposed to be https://shop.bdgastore.com/blogs/upcoming-releases/10-17-18-acronym-fw18-19

they're probably making up for the times they had the lowest prices :D

Edited by denpa

1 hour ago, darkart said:

In my opiniin. I am s in everything, j74 i sized up for a comfy fit. Size small is tight

Generally, acronym and most other outerwear “systems” manufacturers cut insulators more trim to fit under shells. This is why you have very trim fits for 58/65/74. 

Edited by CARLOOA

13 hours ago, nodre said:

yes i was. the ups rep i spoke with was lax but i had been through the process two times prior and sounded like i spoke the language. had the new HTC ready for him, and said that as the importer (upon whom the responsibility rests to ensure import info is accurate) the preassigned HTC wasn't specific enough, and that my p24a-ds were exactly what 6203.43.11 dictates - water resistant trousers. US import went from 27% to 7.1%, saved me $200.

Thanks, very helpful!

They want to charge me 90 bucks to dispute it. How did you get around that?

We can file with customs to ask them to change this to water resistant 6201.93.4700 at 7.1% duty rate.

As below there is a processing fee of $90.000 due to the invoice not stating water resistant.  We do not classify under this unless the invoice states so due to customs questioning the fabric.  I need your confirmation to file the claim with customs due to the processing fee.

Once I get your approval we can forward to the post entry team to being the dispute for you.

10 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

Thanks, very helpful!

We can file with customs to ask them to change this to water resistant 6201.93.4700 at 7.1% duty rate.

As below there is a processing fee of $90.000 due to the invoice not stating water resistant.  We do not classify under this unless the invoice states so due to customs questioning the fabric.  I need your confirmation to file the claim with customs due to the processing fee.

Once I get your approval we can forward to the post entry team to being the dispute for you.

Why isn't this a process Acronym has learned (over numerous years) they need to handle for their customers? Why is it up to me as the customer, after paying $2k+ for a jacket, to then have to deal with import duties (including communicating correct import codes before i get hit with additional fees!^!^). This is a MASSIVE flaw in this business model. Can someone please make an additional thread for Import Procedures. I hate having to self-filter out all these posts when trying to read up on acr sufu. 

26 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

Thanks, very helpful!

I've had some UPS reps try to spring that on me. I always just tell them "no thanks" and call again until I get a rep who will just do it.

8 minutes ago, mariahscarry said:

Why isn't this a process Acronym has learned (over numerous years) they need to handle for their customers? Why is it up to me as the customer, after paying $2k+ for a jacket, to then have to deal with import duties (including communicating correct import codes before i get hit with additional fees!^!^). This is a MASSIVE flaw in this business model. Can someone please make an additional thread for Import Procedures. I hate having to self-filter out all these posts when trying to read up on acr sufu. 

You're confusing "pre-Nike influenced" Acronym with "post-Nike influenced" Acronym; customer service isn't their priority anymore and they couldn't care less about nitpicking the proper HTS classification.

Also some tips since you just joined last year (this goes for all you Acronym greenhorns):

1) Whenever it's a seasonal global release, it's always cheaper to buy from select vendors and boutiques. Obviously bags are only sold from acrnm.com but I've posted the list in this thread and it's been reposted before. Before you ask... No, there isn't a single vendor who's the best for all Acronym products (Firmament was king on certain pieces but Bureau has been really good too). Acrnm.com falls around 2nd-4th place if there is no customs charges. It used to be the worst for US when the De Minimis was set at $200, luckily it was raised to $800 two years ago. It's up to you to do your due diligence and figure out what works best. If you can't cop because you can't run page monitors, that's on you. Also, a majority of the sites run Shopify so if you're a sneakerhead, you're already at an advantage. *wink wink nudge nudge*

2) You can't always negotiate with the brokerage office and get 7.1% rate for all of the products. They have common sense so you will need to be aware of which codes you're using. You can keep calling and hopefully get an agent that will let you pass but it's always been luck of the draw in regards to what they won't do.

3) If you REALLY, really don't want to pay for any customs/tariffs/duties at all, just dropship it to a different country and have it reshipped with values marked down severely. This took a ton of my time and money to experiment with what works best so I can't divulge any more than that. Also, don't dropship to Canada. I was misled when a few of you guys paid no fees whatsoever then UPS came and charged me some fees only to find out it's "HST". Adding HST is not 0% to me... but that's a part of doing trial-and-error so I learned my lesson. After all is said and done, I no longer deal with random bullshit charges and I only pay what I know I'm going to pay.

Good luck!

Plus, I doubt every country has standardized these codes (correct me if I'm wrong though).  HTS is US only, right?  There's no way any company could look into the proper codes for any potential country they'd ship to.  Yes you can make the case that a company could focus on at least their larger markets, but that's still a lot of protocol/laws/literature to sift through for even one country.  I don't begrudge ACR at all for not doing this.  

14 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

This is a good argument but factually incorrect; as I said earlier the water-resistance refers to AATCC 35 testing; you can pour water through DS trousers so if push comes to shove, you'll be incorrect. It would be worth an attempt though.

okay well then jsut use code 6203.43.1190 and say they're snowboard pants.. which they (p24a-ds) frankly could be great for.

2 hours ago, Yardsale said:

Thanks, very helpful!

this is UPS? perhaps tell them what i said ^ that they are 6203.43.1190 snowboarding pants. i haven't encountered that service fee, but frankly even after the $90 fee if they do change the duty rate you're still saving money.

27 minutes ago, Flipflop214 said:

Venmo me 

What he said.

This is the last free information I give on this matter—I've written about this exhaustively in my post history and me and @Voyager have compiled this numerous times. I've told you guys you have to contest pre-entry into the US. With regard to post-entry classification it's a refund of customs. The procedure is documenting the correct duty versus the overpaid duty that's why they're charging $90 for the service.

HS = international harmonized schedule, HTS = US schedule.

1 hour ago, vir2L said:

You're confusing "pre-Nike influenced" Acronym with "post-Nike influenced" Acronym; customer service isn't their priority anymore and they couldn't care less about nitpicking the proper HTS classification.

Also some tips since you just joined last year (this goes for all you Acronym greenhorns):

1) Whenever it's a seasonal global release, it's always cheaper to buy from select vendors and boutiques. Obviously bags are only sold from acrnm.com but I've posted the list in this thread and it's been reposted before. Before you ask... No, there isn't a single vendor who's the best for all Acronym products (Firmament was king on certain pieces but Bureau has been really good too). Acrnm.com falls around 2nd-4th place if there is no customs charges. It used to be the worst for US when the De Minimis was set at $200, luckily it was raised to $800 two years ago. It's up to you to do your due diligence and figure out what works best. If you can't cop because you can't run page monitors, that's on you. Also, a majority of the sites run Shopify so if you're a sneakerhead, you're already at an advantage. *wink wink nudge nudge*

2) You can't always negotiate with the brokerage office and get 7.1% rate for all of the products. They have common sense so you will need to be aware of which codes you're using. You can keep calling and hopefully get an agent that will let you pass but it's always been luck of the draw in regards to what they won't do.

3) If you REALLY, really don't want to pay for any customs/tariffs/duties at all, just dropship it to a different country and have it reshipped with values marked down severely. This took a ton of my time and money to experiment with what works best so I can't divulge any more than that. Also, don't dropship to Canada. I was misled when a few of you guys paid no fees whatsoever then UPS came and charged me some fees only to find out it's "HST". Adding HST is not 0% to me... but that's a part of doing trial-and-error so I learned my lesson. After all is said and done, I no longer deal with random bullshit charges and I only pay what I know I'm going to pay.

Good luck!

IMO, just support local businesses and buy american only.

1 hour ago, CARLOOA said:

What he said.

This is the last free information I give on this matter—I've written about this exhaustively in my post history and me and @Voyager have compiled this numerous times. I've told you guys you have to contest pre-entry into the US. With regard to post-entry classification it's a refund of customs. The procedure is documenting the correct duty versus the overpaid duty that's why they're charging $90 for the service.

HS = international harmonized schedule, HTS = US schedule.

I’d just like to express my appreciation of the work that both of you have put in regarding this. As well as your contributions to material info, item categorization, and general product reviews. It’s members like you that made me appreciate this forum back when I was just a lurker some three years back. Glad to see you’re posting again and sharing your views and opinions. 

3 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

I’d just like to express my appreciation of the work that both of you have put in regarding this. As well as your contributions to material info, item categorization, and general product reviews. It’s members like you that made me appreciate this forum back when I was just a lurker some three years back. Glad to see you’re posting again and sharing your views and opinions. 

this. we should find a way to sticky this tariff procedure.