Acronym.

Westbrook

5 hours ago, Voyager said:

It's one jacket that I will never sell. EXTREMELY lightweight. Perfect windbreaker. I've never gotten the hang of packing it properly so I don't bother anymore but it is packable. It's easy to wash and maintains its tech properties after many washes. It fits a bit small. I'm typically somewhere between a small and medium in Acronym and I own a medium and the thing feels perfectly fitted.

Jacketsling loops are inside only so you can't wear the sling externally. And the jacket is so fitted that you can feel the sling inside the jacket. I wear it without the sling most of the time because of this.

This. I love mine to death, packs up small so it's always in my 3A-1.

26 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

Anyone been successful proving DS is "water-resistant" for customs? it changes the costs dramatically.

The testing relies on water ingress not only the inherent water resistance of the individual threads. In that respect, DS is water resistant to soaking but rather easily water permeable. It doesn't hurt to try though!

I really dig the design of the J63A, but just can’t get with the look of the infinium fabric. Looks too much like a trash bag from the Matrix or some shit. If it was 3XDry I’d be all over that business. 

1 hour ago, brainerd666 said:

I really dig the design of the J63A, but just can’t get with the look of the infinium fabric. Looks too much like a trash bag from the Matrix or some shit. If it was 3XDry I’d be all over that business. 

same. something about it really keeping me from pulling the trigger

11 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

same. something about it really keeping me from pulling the trigger

It reminds me too much of those overstuffed leather couches from the mid 80’s. 

22 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

It reminds me too much of those overstuffed leather couches from the mid 80’s. 

Agree on the J46, on the J63A enough is going on that it comes off alright to me. I checked it out in store, it's definitely not the same fabric as PB, feels less soft/smooth and more windstopper-ish

10 minutes ago, eidolarr said:

Agree on the J46, on the J63A enough is going on that it comes off alright to me. I checked it out in store, it's definitely not the same fabric as PB, feels less soft/smooth and more windstopper-ish

Yeah, see I think it works better with less going on. The busyness accentuates the pleather look IMO. Granted I haven’t seen it/handled it up close so I’m probably(most likely) talking out my ass. I like the idea of it, but it almost has that uncanny valley look to it. I dunno. Not trying to yuck anyone’s yums, just wish it was in a different material. 

Edited by brainerd666
I’m still not convinced that infinium isn’t leftover skin from the early real doll prototypes.

1 hour ago, brainerd666 said:

J48-BR is my favorite hoodie from Acronym in terms of cut and comfort and I wear it to death in the last two years. I think its pattern is similar to the J63A, which is why J63A is one FW18 item that I really am looking forward to. I agree that the shiny patina is not something I am super fond of, but I can accept. I had a light shell jacket from Japanese label Ripvanwinkle that has a similar patina, and it worked well for me. I just hope the Infinium fabric of the J63A can be as tough and water resistant as stotz or CH. I just braved a typhoon (walking ten minutes) with the J59TS-CH and it lasted one minute before I became soaked to the skin. For a non-goretex fabric, it did pretty well.

7 minutes ago, skycrawler said:

J48-BR is my favorite hoodie from Acronym in terms of cut and comfort and I wear it to death in the last two years. I think its pattern is similar to the J63A, which is why J63A is one FW18 item that I really am looking forward to. I agree that the shiny patina is not something I am super fond of, but I can accept. I had a light shell jacket from Japanese label Ripvanwinkle that has a similar patina, and it worked well for me. I just hope the Infinium fabric of the J63A can be as tough and water resistant as stotz or CH. I just braved a typhoon (walking ten minutes) with the J59TS-CH and it lasted one minute before I became soaked to the skin. For a non-goretex fabric, it did pretty well.

I’m curious to see durability reports as well, but the description on the mother site sounds less like it’s a fabric based around durability like GTPro and more for comfort like Paclite. I doubt it’s anywhere near as rugged as Stotz. I wore my P10-S daily for about 6 months straight -in a busy kitchen no less, and only had some cuff wear. The phone pocket is starting to fray on one edge now two years later but otherwise they’re strong besides tons of patina and fades. My P10-CH are getting some fraying at the front pockets but are pretty solid otherwise. 

7 hours ago, Yardsale said:

Anyone been successful proving DS is "water-resistant" for customs? it changes the costs dramatically.

yes i was. the ups rep i spoke with was lax but i had been through the process two times prior and sounded like i spoke the language. had the new HTC ready for him, and said that as the importer (upon whom the responsibility rests to ensure import info is accurate) the preassigned HTC wasn't specific enough, and that my p24a-ds were exactly what 6203.43.11 dictates - water resistant trousers. US import went from 27% to 7.1%, saved me $200.

Edited by nodre

48 minutes ago, nodre said:

yes i was. the ups rep i spoke with was lax but i had been through the process two times prior and sounded like i spoke the language. had the new HTC ready for him, and said that as the importer (upon whom the responsibility rests to ensure import info is accurate) the preassigned HTC wasn't specific enough, and that my p24a-ds were exactly what 6203.43.11 dictates - water resistant trousers. US import went from 27% to 7.1%, saved me $200.

This is a good argument but factually incorrect; as I said earlier the water-resistance refers to AATCC 35 testing; you can pour water through DS trousers so if push comes to shove, you'll be incorrect. It would be worth an attempt though.

2 hours ago, eidolarr said:

Interesting! I thought it looked shinier in the photos - personally I’m a fan but have 63 already so not sure I can shell out for the update just yet...

4 hours ago, eidolarr said:

It's a shame because the J46 is one of my favourite designs. The J46U-WS is one of my all time favourite pieces.