Acronym.

Westbrook

For the delamination of my J47a anyone have and fixes? Thinking about waxing it  or using a bunch of iron on gore-Tex patches on the inside.

I wrote ACR repairs but I don’t really think they’re going to repair it. Seems like it would be pretty major and probably need to be replaced. I talked to a Gore-Tex  repair place in Seattle WA and they said there was nothing they could do. They said where the delamination happened isn’t waterproof anymore so it’s basically just a windbreaker. Going to hold out doing any drastic DIY repairs until I hear back from ACR, but I’m open to ideas. 

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. 

27 minutes ago, Bigyen said:

For the delamination of my J47a anyone have and fixes? Thinking about waxing it  or using a bunch of iron on gore-Tex patches on the inside.

I wrote ACR repairs but I don’t really think they’re going to repair it. Seems like it would be pretty major and probably need to be replaced. I talked to a Gore-Tex  repair place in Seattle WA and they said there was nothing they could do. They said where the delamination happened isn’t waterproof anymore so it’s basically just a windbreaker. Going to hold out doing any drastic DIY repairs until I hear back from ACR, but I’m open to ideas. 

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. 

I’m gonna wash my J47a tomorrow’s. Luckily I’ve worn it almost exclusively with some type of long sleeve mid layer. Looking at the neck though... little nervous truth be told. Is it just me, or is the wash knowledge not as wide spread as it should be for cash money garms in this respect? I’m really nervous that I didn’t wash my damn J47 100 wears ago:o

1 hour ago, brainerd666 said:

I’m gonna wash my J47a tomorrow’s. Luckily I’ve worn it almost exclusively with some type of long sleeve mid layer. Looking at the neck though... little nervous truth be told. Is it just me, or is the wash knowledge not as wide spread as it should be for cash money garms in this respect? I’m really nervous that I didn’t wash my damn J47 100 wears ago:o

It's just cleaning your clothes, it's not going to ruin them. What are you nervous about?

On 10/15/2018 at 10:13 PM, CARLOOA said:

Basically this. To improve longevity it's advised that if you do any sort of hardwearing to wash every 10–30 uses to clean all the accumulated dirt and grime. The "patina" many are fond of is of detriment to the performance of the fabrics—especially in terms of breathability. Some people report that dirt and oils accelerate degradation/delamination as well.

Welcome back

6 hours ago, jeddyhsu said:

It's just cleaning your clothes, it's not going to ruin them. What are you nervous about?

Because Internet forums like this one have given nerds all over the world the idea that it’s bad to wash your clothes frequently (and in some cases at all).

8 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

read the gore-tex spec, the care method is on it. It says put into dryer after machine wash, which makes me nervous as well lol 

1 hour ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

read the gore-tex spec, the care method is on it. It says put into dryer after machine wash, which makes me nervous as well lol 

Done it loads of times on multiple jackets without issue. I put them in those net bags these days but not sure if it makes any difference really. 

11 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

Slightly off topic in the run up to this afternoon's release, but what are the Owners' opinions on the J25-WS?

It's one jacket that I will never sell. EXTREMELY lightweight. Perfect windbreaker. I've never gotten the hang of packing it properly so I don't bother anymore but it is packable. It's easy to wash and maintains its tech properties after many washes. It fits a bit small. I'm typically somewhere between a small and medium in Acronym and I own a medium and the thing feels perfectly fitted.

Jacketsling loops are inside only so you can't wear the sling externally. And the jacket is so fitted that you can feel the sling inside the jacket. I wear it without the sling most of the time because of this.

14 minutes ago, Voyager said:

It's one jacket that I will never sell. EXTREMELY lightweight. Perfect windbreaker. I've never gotten the hang of packing it properly so I don't bother anymore but it is packable. It's easy to wash and maintains its tech properties after many washes. It fits a bit small. I'm typically somewhere between a small and medium in Acronym and I own a medium and the thing feels perfectly fitted.

Jacketsling loops are inside only so you can't wear the sling externally. And the jacket is so fitted that you can feel the sling inside the jacket. I wear it without the sling most of the time because of this.

Agreed this is one of my favorite jackets. How do you wash yours?

Agreed with both of the above on the J25-WS. If i have limited space or weight when i'm travelling in warmer weather, it's my go to jacket. I also use it when hiking/ climbing mountains due to the super light weight in my pack. I've had mine for years from the original drop and still haven't washed it and resists water perfectly well.

It’s not the washing that I’m nervous about- more the LACK of washing after reports of backing separation in recent posts. I’m just hoping I didn’t wait to long to wash. I wasn’t avoiding it, it just didn’t occur to me as it doesn’t look/feel/smell dirty...

58 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Thank you so much for this (and same to @Bigyen and @Dolphinski).

I've been in two minds about picking one up for a while now, and suffice to say you've convinced me to take the plunge. I guess next week's going to be a major unboxing for me!!!

One more question actually... How would you describe the WS? I'm assuming it's fairly similar to the J47A-WS, ie. quite "crunchy"? I'm a little confused as the fabric appears very smooth in some of the product shots, particularly the close ups of the cuffs.

Edited by lopiteaux
One more before the WS mist...

2 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

So what's the point of the dangly bits on the P23s if people are wearing belts in all the product shots? Are they not meant to be used to tighten the waist?

Same as the P17's, right? The bits are just used to cinch, rather than tie up (unless you're an END model).

Edited by lopiteaux

27 minutes ago, Dolphinski said:

I don't think WS delaminates like GT does as it doesn't have the 3rd layer, just a membrane of ePTFE. Someone correct me if i'm wrong though!

Sorry, I was referring to my J47R-GT from the previous post.