Acronym.

Westbrook

23 minutes ago, kraak said:

The J74-PX looks great. I wish I had any use for another insulator.

Does anyone know if the P30A-DS is actually part of this drop?

Doesn't seem like it no web store has shown any indications of selling the p30a-ds or the new collar j1a-gt. 2nd drop maybe?

28 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

Considering the prices of this week's drop, I'm worried that the hoodless j1a-gt will be well into the double g's range.

I would be very surprised if the J1A previewed in the 3A-1 images is hoodless. I think it's more likely the hood has just been removed, and the collar flipped down. Price-wise I don't think you're wrong.

14 minutes ago, msoldano said:

I've been scratching my head for a while now at what mod would look the best on the 47ts... I'm thinking mz1 or mp2ts but impossible to find either. 

3A-MZ1 might be making a return in the new xpac fabric that just got released with the bags. Its shown in the 3a-5ts product shots.

7 minutes ago, deathrazr said:

3A-MZ1 might be making a return in the new xpac fabric that just got released with the bags. Its shown in the 3a-5ts product shots.

I know I got super hype when I saw that, definitely releasing just a matter of when. I think that would look the best on the 47 since I'm not a huge fan of how an mz3 or 5 would look on it.

Just took my 47a out of the closet for the first time since the spring and I noticed the grid lining is becoming detached from membrane. Is there anything I can do about this? I wear this thing to death every winter. See pictures below.

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 4.03.42 PM.png

Edited by Bigyen

1 hour ago, Bigyen said:

Just took my 47a out of the closet for the first time since the spring and I noticed the grid lining is becoming detached from membrane. Is there anything I can do about this? I wear this thing to death every winter. See pictures below.

Unfortunately theres nothing you can do about it. That happened to one of my Veilance goretex jackets and the Arcteryx warranty rep said it was a fabric defect.

1 hour ago, deathrazr said:

Unfortunately theres nothing you can do about it. That happened to one of my Veilance goretex jackets and the Arcteryx warranty rep said it was a fabric defect.

Basically this. To improve longevity it's advised that if you do any sort of hardwearing to wash every 10–30 uses to clean all the accumulated dirt and grime. The "patina" many are fond of is of detriment to the performance of the fabrics—especially in terms of breathability. Some people report that dirt and oils accelerate degradation/delamination as well.

Edited by CARLOOA

1 hour ago, Bigyen said:

Delamination. This would normally be grounds for replacement, if there was a warranty. Arc has replaced a few of my shells over things like this (the other thing that tends to happen is the face fabric separates from the membrane, causing “bubbles” to form in the Gore-Tex.

The best thing you can do to avoid this is to wash your jackets regularly—if you’re wearing it daily, wash it maybe once a month. Warm water, dryer on medium. Sweat and oils tends to be the cause—you see this happening most often around the back of the neck, the upper back, the mouth, and the armpits.

2 minutes ago, shinnanju said:

P23's are going to be $2020 CAD at haven.:ph34r: Wed drop date i believe.

Anyone here been to Haven on drop day to check out new stuff live and in person? Is it worth it or does it sell out so fast online that they don't even put it out on the floor? I wouldnt mind going down just to size some pieces up (still trying to figure out if im more of an M or L in P23s in general).

3 hours ago, Bigyen said:

try looking here for your local gore-tex repair centre.

23 minutes ago, strikethrough said:

Anyone here been to Haven on drop day to check out new stuff live and in person? Is it worth it or does it sell out so fast online that they don't even put it out on the floor? I wouldnt mind going down just to size some pieces up (still trying to figure out if im more of an M or L in P23s in general).

If you live close by i suggest just going in before they drop it online, sells out fast. P23'S fit really werid, i'm usually 32-33 so in between med/large and M p23's fit hella big waist wise and small is perfect for me.

16 minutes ago, shinnanju said:

If you live close by i suggest just going in before they drop it online, sells out fast. P23'S fit really werid, i'm usually 32-33 so in between med/large and M p23's fit hella big waist wise and small is perfect for me.

Yeah, im a 32 as well, but my main issue is length. I'm 6'4" so i need to account for that primarily, given that the waist on P23s is meant to cinch down. Anyways, i'll see if they wont mind me trying on a M and an L to compare.

Just now, strikethrough said:

Yeah, im a 32 as well, but my main issue is length. I'm 6'4" so i need to account for that primarily, given that the waist on P23s is meant to cinch down. Anyways, i'll see if they wont mind me trying on a M and an L to compare.

Good luck man, i cinched it down and it was still a bit loose. 

did some digging on polartec alpha and came across this mountaineering blog that does rigorous testing and goes deep on development info

apparently it comes in more than one type of insulation depending on end use and is sandwiched between outer and inner fabric

(clockwise) 60g, 80g, 100g, 120g

polartec alpha japan

from the looks of it, j74 uses either 80g or 100g