Acronym.

Westbrook

1 minute ago, segue said:

with these kind of price points and continual market saturation, do you think we are going to see acrnm do sales for the first time ever in the near future?

No, it will sell over the coming periods. Because every time we speak about pricing but in the end they sell it. Bought my first 3A-1 in January 2013 in Berlin at less than 350€ so the doubling didn’t change the demand. My bag at that time sit in the shelf since one or two years.

7 minutes ago, segue said:

with these kind of price points and continual market saturation, do you think we are going to see acrnm do sales for the first time ever in the near future?

acronym don't go on sale

@Flipflop214 thanks. I would anticipate using it maybe once a week at most. 

8 minutes ago, hooper said:

acronym don't go on sale

I know they don't but i wonder how many items will begin to sit in stock with the coming years cause of the price points and even if they did something marginal like 5% off, im sure people would be more inclined to buy than not.  They could hold onto inventory forever if they want to continue to keep their gig small like they have been but with their collab expansions and growth i wonder if they would change their sales tactics.  prob not but couldnt imagine gear slowly amassing and collecting dust until the sell it retail but i also never imagined paying macbook pro prices for trousers so :unsure:

31 minutes ago, segue said:

I know they don't but i wonder how many items will begin to sit in stock with the coming years cause of the price points and even if they did something marginal like 5% off, im sure people would be more inclined to buy than not.  They could hold onto inventory forever if they want to continue to keep their gig small like they have been but with their collab expansions and growth i wonder if they would change their sales tactics.  prob not but couldnt imagine gear slowly amassing and collecting dust until the sell it retail but i also never imagined paying macbook pro prices for trousers so :unsure:

they'll probably just do what they did last time. take it off the website, then repost them at original prices, maybe with newly taken photos.

On 2018. 10. 1. at 11:15 AM, rogerhuangxj said:

I have questions:

1. Does the cp comes with long cloak?

2. The collar of j1a-gt is redesigned or what?You can do that with former j1a models?

is it just me or, the collar of J1A-GT ver.2 looks like collar of J69-GT...biker jacket style....convertible collar

56 minutes ago, paper2k1 said:

is it just me or, the collar of J1A-GT ver.2 looks like collar of J69-GT...biker jacket style....convertible collar

Yeah, it is similar although I think it's asymmetric to accommodate an escape zip as well, whereas the J69 is completely centered. I am surprised people aren't talking more about the new J1A. The new collar is perfect IMO. Maybe people haven't seen it because its buried in the bag images?

6 minutes ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

Yeah, it is similar although I think it's asymmetric to accommodate an escape zip as well, whereas the J69 is completely centered. I am surprised people aren't talking more about the new J1A. The new collar is perfect IMO. Maybe people haven't seen it because its buried in the bag images?

might look better with the collar popped up but the way the collar is folded down makes it looks whack.  the shirt / polo collar doesn't work well with the vibe of the rest of the j1a like the map pocket and shoulder cuff but guaranteed its still gonna sell out.  also it being off center bothers me :T

Edited by segue
typo

While I like the collar on the J69, I can't say I'm a fan of it on the J1A.  The collar flipped down just seems so businessy to me, which clashes heavily with the flak pocket and rest of what the J1A is.  Maybe more suitable on the J1B IMO, but it looks weird on the J1A.  That said, I've come to like pieces later after initial lack of interest, so I could be wrong :P 

30 minutes ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

I think it's asymmetric to accommodate an escape zip as well, whereas the J69 is completely centered. 

J69 has the EscapeZip, and is def. not centered. More.

I doubt my case was an exception, but the collar down needed a bit of love out-the-box. Ironing nec. to get anything as clean as the product shots. Even where reinforced, the ends of the collar tend to curl in a pretty un-appealing way. Trade-off with the super lightweight Gore-Tex Pro, I suppose...

FWIW, I've just been in the habit of wearing the collar up.

3 hours ago, Appleseed said:

the collar down needed a bit of love out-the-box. Ironing nec. to get anything as clean as the product shots.

Is Gore-tex safe to iron? Have never even considered it; if so, I finally have a way to get rid of these wrinkles.

7 hours ago, Appleseed said:

J69 has the EscapeZip, and is def. not centered. More.

I doubt my case was an exception, but the collar down needed a bit of love out-the-box. Ironing nec. to get anything as clean as the product shots. Even where reinforced, the ends of the collar tend to curl in a pretty un-appealing way. Trade-off with the super lightweight Gore-Tex Pro, I suppose...

Mine was slightly off too out of the box, but I hung it with the collar down zipped up for a day and it was much neater after that. I was mostly referring to the zipper being centered on the pattern, not the collar itself. I also don't think the fabric is any lighter than other GT Pro, the jacket itself is just lighter.

7 hours ago, segue said:

might look better with the collar popped up but the way the collar is folded down makes it looks whack.  the shirt / polo collar doesn't work well with the vibe of the rest of the j1a like the map pocket and shoulder cuff but guaranteed its still gonna sell out.  also it being off center bothers me :T

I do agree the collar will look nice popped up as well, but down it almost reminds me of Kiko Kostodinov FW17: See here

8 hours ago, piece keeper said:

While I like the collar on the J69, I can't say I'm a fan of it on the J1A.  The collar flipped down just seems so businessy to me, which clashes heavily with the flak pocket and rest of what the J1A is.  Maybe more suitable on the J1B IMO, but it looks weird on the J1A.  That said, I've come to like pieces later after initial lack of interest, so I could be wrong :P 

And when I pay 2000 euros for a heavy-duty shell, it needs to come with a hood.

8 hours ago, segue said:

8 hours ago, piece keeper said:

i feel the same way, the shirt collar looks weird on J1A-GT

in my opinion, one of charm about J1A-GT ver.1 is 3D shape collar ;)

13 hours ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

I also don't think the fabric is any lighter than other GT Pro, the jacket itself is just lighter.

Current Pro fabric is much more breathable and qualitatively feels lighter. Different membrane type from the original Pro specification. This is not a super recent switch, but it was noteworthy enough that it was mentioned in product copy, back when.

*actually, I just looked back at the J69 page. They're still  calling it out as 'next-gen. technology'