Acronym.

Westbrook

Has anyone with last names STM-Z had success lowering customs fees with UPS recently?

I called the Dallas office, spoke with Gladys Petit, she had me email my request to them, it was forwarded on and I haven't heard anything back. 

1 hour ago, cornerska said:

Has anyone with last names STM-Z had success lowering customs fees with UPS recently?

I called the Dallas office, spoke with Gladys Petit, she had me email my request to them, it was forwarded on and I haven't heard anything back. 

i did it over the phone.  no paperwork or email necessary. they do ask for it, but it can be done over the phone.

8 hours ago, leg said:

39907510_232091980822182_3157287745563394048_n.jpg.3f78ffe2fd772be4dc679db2e685a4d3.jpg

J47ATS-GT and White NG3-PS (?)

39008835_2115904238729445_8840595927140925440_n.jpg.baf05bdfe9fe6c43da544c56146133f5.jpg

White J72-DS

39331413_728459317494100_2784870907988934656_n.jpg.20a1f0bcbe77db59a34a2595e2af4be8.jpg

Excuse me if this is a silly question, but are these legit images? The first two could pass, they look fine and seem to portray a similar concept to the previous ACRNM x Nike video.

But, that last image... I don't know. The logo / font looks off and that's just a poorly lit Errolson's head over a still from the Kendrick Lamar music video? Which I could see being quite funny / "memey" considering the title of the song and how people have taken Hugh's behaviour lately.

Can we stop quoting images?  Or am I the only one bothered by that?  haha

If the 3rd one is fake, I don't see how it matters.  No new product is teased there so whether it's fake or real to me has no significance.  Now if the other 2 showcasing new items was fake then that's a worthy discussion.  

46 minutes ago, nodre said:

anyone able to help with p20-s sizing? inseam length specifically.. medium. does the cuff have some crop for you?

I’m 5’9” and the cuffs of my size M were just at my ankles

So that vid was hidden behind an article that SNKRS Japan posted an hour ago - when you rubbed on one of the product shots of the old presto, it revealed the new colorway and played that promo clip - after which it apparently forwarded to an early drop sales page.

I only got this screen in the end telling me that I missed the drop...

5b87b96e72096_Photo2018-08-30181835.thumb.png.b40d783afa64e7efc1dd68a16b7c7b5a.png

I'm annoyed at myself for not liking these campaigns, as they are clearly having fun.

Personally I feel that the approach and aesthetic of the last two footwear releases are cringey when compared to the clean, stripped down and immutable style of the clothing line promotions.

Even though they've clearly spared no expense the former just feels cheap in comparison - which kind of echoes my sentiments regarding the 2nd gen Prestos, as well as the change in palette.

Anyway, who the fuck am I to judge.

Edit: Having said that, the Sorayama aesthetic of the print campaign is pretty cool.

https://blog.endclothing.com/nike-x-acronym-presto-launching-20th-september/

Edited by lopiteaux

13 minutes ago, rogerhuangxj said:

My friend entered the app 9 minutes after the drop and he missed it.

I suppose it is much easier to cop in Japan?

I already knew the pic beforehand - I was just waiting for Nike to update since I have a monitor on the SNKRS product feed.

Plus Nike US launched the OW "Queen" AM97 in the same exact fashion so I already knew what you had to do. I didn't need to VPN it seems but I'm having it shipped to my friend's place near Ginza. :) 

Edit: Video attached: https://streamable.com/a0354

Edited by vir2L

if only nike did not do the #kissmyairs campaing last year where guerilla group made white versions of their clothes for "test subjects" in the video. But since the video was pretty small I think recycling is fine. Not.

@lopiteaux acrnm video promotions are not really that clean. Do not mistake them with product shots. But "The-Cut" or the rooftop gun action in V-21A or LFDB are pretty much same fandom as the VM/presto videos. Also bolder promotion fits bolder designs. 

33 minutes ago, danii said:

@lopiteaux acrnm video promotions are not really that clean. Do not mistake them with product shots. But "The-Cut" or the rooftop gun action in V-21A or LFDB are pretty much same fandom as the VM/presto videos. Also bolder promotion fits bolder designs.

Yes, to clarify, I was referring to the product promotions (eg. V26-A, V28-W, V27-M, and first half of V-21A).