Acronym.

Westbrook

13 minutes ago, Yoshiii said:

I'd heard that at least one was patterned. Not sure if it's a repeat of the Vapourmax pattern though?

Originally slated for an August release but got pushed back till September, I believe. Similar release date to previous Nike releases. 

Sometime in the second or third week of September, correct?

46 minutes ago, drgitlin said:

You don't understand why some people would think a pair of €1500 shorts is taking the piss? Particularly when they're >30% more expensive than trousers made from the same stuff, but use less of it? 

If that was the case, none of us would cop anything they ever make.  So I'm still a bit bewildered by the bewilderment.  Nobody had anything crazy to say about P25.  Same difference to me.

If we are talking cost, then it's a totally different conversation.  A non-existent one to be honest since they'll keep going up.  So what are we really discussing?

OK, completely absent the price I am still not a fan of them. The styling on the site makes them look like a utilikilt, and when I'm wearing shorts the last thing I want is a fabric as heavy as that, particularly in black; I'm wearing shorts because it's fucking hot out.

At this point I feel like the brand has lost me, and you know what? That's fine. I need another jacket or pair of trousers like I need a hole in my head.  It's like when your favorite DJ decides he's going to put away the decks and make records with guitars; good on him but I don't want to listen to it. the last thing the world needs is more needless consumption—hell, even Errolson shouts about that.

1 hour ago, X.bee said:

Wheres this info from? The first colorway sounds a lot like the photo posted on the FB page everyone said was fake.

one of my friends picked it up on his discord and told me about it since he knows ive been looking for these. not sure which website it was but they have not yet released

Edited by Kamikaze

5 hours ago, X.bee said:

Wheres this info from? The first colorway sounds a lot like the photo posted on the FB page everyone said was fake.

3 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

one of my friends picked it up on his discord and told me about it since he knows ive been looking for these. not sure which website it was but they have not yet released

It was found here:

https://noirfonce.eu/products/nike-x-acronym-air-presto-mid-white-ah7832-100
https://noirfonce.eu/products/nike-x-acronym-air-presto-mid-cool-grey-ah7832-001

The site is missing that pink/blue one though

5 hours ago, drgitlin said:

OK, completely absent the price I am still not a fan of them. The styling on the site makes them look like a utilikilt, and when I'm wearing shorts the last thing I want is a fabric as heavy as that, particularly in black; I'm wearing shorts because it's fucking hot out.

At this point I feel like the brand has lost me, and you know what? That's fine. I need another jacket or pair of trousers like I need a hole in my head.  It's like when your favorite DJ decides he's going to put away the decks and make records with guitars; good on him but I don't want to listen to it. the last thing the world needs is more needless consumption—hell, even Errolson shouts about that.

I respect it.

Sidebar though, they lighter than you’d expect them to be.  Cooler than a polar bear toenail type ventilation, zero heft.  Just my 2¢.

I feel the opposite.  Especially considering springs are usually a little lighter with re-issues in different materials or small updates.  This has been new model after new model plus the re-issues/re-stocks of some of the more popular items (47aws, j1agtpl and gtv, p10s and ds).

7 hours ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

I really don’t think so.

I must concur.  The other W this season gave us was actual gear we can wear in warmer temperatures and climates.  Actual shorts, actual WS & DS transition pieces, different fits and functionality we've not seen for the summer in recent years. 

Most GT & S pieces don't really do well in 90° NYC humidity.  Along with that, it blends perfectly with CXADO pieces (Cropped Pants) and ACR NMN items that we got way back.  Bravo to SS18.

On 8/2/2018 at 5:04 PM, Dolphinski said:

SS18 has been an amazing collection imo. Have you actually looked at how many pieces there were and how much variety? It was easily twice as big as last year's SS. If they had dropped it all in one go, we'd have all been completely blown away.

Agreed. The good news is ACRNM will continue to do so going forward

Edited by yankees19032002

At first i did not like SS18 stuff in the first couple drops but this last drop has changed my mind. Even though i cant really pull it off i like the direction the brand has been taking. i think the collection or 2 before it got a little repetitive but this collection has been very refreshing and we still got more otw (1 ss18 drop left?). 

7 hours ago, Dolphinski said:

SS18 has been an amazing collection imo. Have you actually looked at how many pieces there were and how much variety? 

This is definitely true, although some of the prices are bordering on obscene. I think this collection showed the implementation of several new design ideas and continuation of others. A strong collection for sure.

22 hours ago, DavidMN said:

Nah, I don't think that's inherently fair. The only Nike ACG pants I can think of that have any real drop crotch would be the wovens, and it's not nearly as dramatic as the drop crotch on the ACR pants that have them (especially as of late). I mean, I guess if you're saying that the ACG drop crotch was merely the spark that lit the brush fire, that would be fair. But, I think Acronym has always had pants with drop crotches. I mean, if you go back to OG Acronym, they were totally snowboard style pants. Way oversized and baggy (which kind of includes a drop crotch naturally). 

I'm not referring to the ACG pants at all, that's the best thing of the collaboration, I'm talking of the ridiculous price hike that happened after the popularity due to the exposure caused by LF1 and after. I actually sold my P15 and have 4 pairs of the ACG pants and prefer them ! 

The obscene increase was essentially a case of someone pissing down your back and telling you it's raining.

Larger trousers have a drop anything and a drop crotch is a totally different cut, which I'm sure you are really aware of. 

Edited by TEKsevenZERO