Acronym.

Westbrook

On 7/23/2018 at 9:06 PM, pompadork said:

Cm2SZ25.jpg

smh

On 7/23/2018 at 11:25 PM, exhaust fumes said:

Never thought he'd actually go that deep, but fucking ugh.

Is drop crotch controversial here? You don't like the functionality (it's not necessary?) or the aesthetic ― or both?

12 minutes ago, SuE said:

Is drop crotch controversial here? You don't like the functionality (it's not necessary?) or the aesthetic ― or both?

The shorts are fine, if a bit diaper-y + dorky in the same way a cell phone holster on an office drone's belt is. Sure. Do what you want.

It's the practice knife/brass knuckles/push dagger in the molle straps that really make it extremely embarrassing to me.

I am not actually a bad ass ninja who kills people for a living. I am someone who paid over 1000 euros for a pair of shorts that you can attach pockets to the belt.

It reminds me of this Onion article:

Man Struggling To Pierce Orange Peel With Fingernail Under Impression He Could Kill If He Had To

Edited by exhaust fumes

3 hours ago, exhaust fumes said:

The shorts are fine, if a bit diaper-y + dorky in the same way a cell phone holster on an office drone's belt is. Sure. Do what you want

If for my part am still struggling to understand how you'd access your traditional trouser pockets in the quoted setup, with the slit being in the front and all.

And why there is mesh material on the outside of an otherwise perfectly good, weatherproof jacket (pocket).

But The Photostrecke is amazing on said pants.

Edited by hjpx

4 hours ago, exhaust fumes said:

The shorts are fine, if a bit diaper-y + dorky in the same way a cell phone holster on an office drone's belt is. Sure. Do what you want.

It's the practice knife/brass knuckles/push dagger in the molle straps that really make it extremely embarrassing to me.

I am not actually a bad ass ninja who kills people for a living. I am someone who paid over 1000 euros for a pair of shorts that you can attach pockets to the belt.

It reminds me of this Onion article:

Man Struggling To Pierce Orange Peel With Fingernail Under Impression He Could Kill If He Had To

It looks like a fucking utilikilt. 

10 hours ago, SuE said:

See any outdoor/military/pure-function brands adopting drop crotch designs?

4 hours ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

The downfall started with the advent of the nike collab really didn't it?

Correlation does not equal causation, but i would not be surprised to find that the influx of money from the Nike contract is what allowed a certain freedom to engage in more ‘whimsical’ looks.

17 hours ago, SuE said:

I think it comes across as a bit corny (the brass knuckles and other stuff) because a lot of the 'urban techwear' fit pic posters have gone totally overboard and post themselves with photoshopped Gray Fox masks and katanas and shit. Not really blaming acronym since maybe it's just E styling how he likes without caring whether or not others have taken it to a laughable extreme but it does seem to play into the joke of the aesthetic a bit too much. 

Edited by pompadork

Guilty for dropcrotching my pats I am.

It's caused because I grew up skating in the 90s and no matter how hard I try I cannot wear my pants in the waist area. So I wear the waist of the pants on the hips, which is obviousy bigger then waist so I need to size up and I am quite short which results in stacked calves and drop crotch.

regarding drop crotch in military: (why only military?)

01. aikido hakama pants can qualify as dropcrotch pants

02. nikapokka pants are tradiional workwear pants / worn in WWII too

03. thaibox shorts are pretty dropcrotch

(not trying to justify it, just saying everyone it's own, and you can see from the action shots that you can move freely in those)

5 hours ago, danii said:

01. aikido hakama pants can qualify as dropcrotch pants

03. thaibox shorts are pretty dropcrotch

Agree... I always saw their implementation of the drop crotch as meeting the needs of martial artists. I found this pretty clear from their videos, the close resemblance to the "real thing", and of course, this quote:

"I was always trying to find pants that I could wear and kick in"

11 hours ago, Cornuto said:

Correlation does not equal causation, but i would not be surprised to find that the influx of money from the Nike contract is what allowed a certain freedom to engage in more ‘whimsical’ looks.

nah, they've been getting a steady flow I'm sure from Victoriaknox / Stone Island/ Herno / Tilak Poutnik etc etc,  the T.U event with pricing occurred after NIKEGATE when all the hypebeasts were doing a sexwee over it.

1 hour ago, danii said:

JFS went to work for ...

Where she immediately did a great capsule collection for women. Including a cape, similar to the cape that people here obsess over. Makes you wonder who was coming up with the ideas we all loved from previous collections, no?

1 hour ago, lopiteaux said:

Agree... I always saw their implementation of the drop crotch as meeting the needs of martial artists. I found this pretty clear from their videos, the close resemblance to the "real thing", and of course, this quote:

"I was always trying to find pants that I could wear and kick in"

While I really love the dropcrotch silhouette, again, who would wear acronym pants to practice any martial arts? With the current pricing people are afraid to damage the pieces in easy everyday wear, let alone in any activity that would risk getting the 1500$ pants ripped or stained.

With the raise of the pricing acronym is losing their real performance context, and becomes a fashion brand purely. It changes from "made for <certain activity> to look of the garment inspired by <certain activity>.

And again, I'm completely fine with them raising the prices (it's their brand, they can do whatever they want if people still buy), I'm just observing how it's changing what the brand is.

2 hours ago, drgitlin said:

Where she immediately did a great capsule collection for women. Including a cape, similar to the cape that people here obsess over. Makes you wonder who was coming up with the ideas we all loved from previous collections, no?

Not coincidental to this conversation, but I believe she's also dipped out of Nike. People wanted to get all conspiratorial about Errolson vs. Nike re: ACG....but corporate doesn't really keep independent designers on board for extended periods (extrapolate reasoning why she transitioned into a formal position for the brand after her own JFS collection). You come into the fold, or- I'd always assumed the ACR designer-led NikeLab stuff was going to be a capsule. If anything, it lasted longer than expected.

Will be interesting to see what comes next for her.

2 hours ago, nigel1 said:

While I really love the dropcrotch silhouette, again, who would wear acronym pants to practice any martial arts? With the current pricing people are afraid to damage the pieces in easy everyday wear, let alone in any activity that would risk getting the 1500$ pants ripped or stained.

With the raise of the pricing acronym is losing their real performance context, and becomes a fashion brand purely. It changes from "made for <certain activity> to look of the garment inspired by <certain activity>.

And again, I'm completely fine with them raising the prices (it's their brand, they can do whatever they want if people still buy), I'm just observing how it's changing what the brand is.

I can't speak for anyone else but SP28 is easily the most comfortable pair of shorts I own.  The DS on it is choice (fastening buckles and belt loops also add functionality) and I don't think anime (AOT S3) could even find a way to damage it.  I kind of think this is what they are already wearing in it because I don't even remember they are on me half the time.

Will I use the TS function? Maybe not to that extent (as depicted online) but I already threw my Leatherman on it, small clip screwdriver, etc. 

It isn't necessarily about using it for anything in specific or going overboard but if you wanted to hang half your EDC on it, you can.  Keep in mind that this is still all experimental, been that way since day one.  The product shots are just that, a fitting room on the web.

Just saying I'm not quite understanding the shock and awe response of it all.

On 7/31/2018 at 10:49 AM, nigel1 said:

While I really love the dropcrotch silhouette, again, who would wear acronym pants to practice any martial arts?

On a mobility issue, I actually happened to once upon a time to wear some P17-S or whatever to some newb *kinda like* Iaido class. The cuffs always ended up getting stuck on my calves every time I stretched out far enough, and that's in a size Large (I'm 6'1"/cyclist build).

My ex's yoga tights, on the other hand, worked perfectly fine.

(Yes, I am a giant nerd)

Edited by exhaust fumes
double actually

1 hour ago, GFNS said:

Just saying I'm not quite understanding the shock and awe response of it all.

You don't understand why some people would think a pair of €1500 shorts is taking the piss? Particularly when they're >30% more expensive than trousers made from the same stuff, but use less of it? 

56 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:
  • Nike
  • Acronym
  • Air Presto Mid
  • White / Black - Dynamic Yellow
  • AH7832 100

• Nike
  • Acronym
  • Air Presto Mid
  • Cool Grey / Black
  • AH7832 001

Wheres this info from? The first colorway sounds a lot like the photo posted on the FB page everyone said was fake.

57 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:
  • Nike
  • Acronym
  • Air Presto Mid
  • White / Black - Dynamic Yellow
  • AH7832 100

• Nike
  • Acronym
  • Air Presto Mid
  • Cool Grey / Black
  • AH7832 001

I'd heard that at least one was patterned. Not sure if it's a repeat of the Vapourmax pattern though?

Originally slated for an August release but got pushed back till September, I believe. Similar release date to previous Nike releases.