Acronym.

Westbrook

4 hours ago, AvantSol said:

@kriztopher if you're curious about fitting of acr jackets; the product description gives you an idea of how they fit.

Profile: more slim fitting, can't layer too much unless youre built like a pencil(if you go tts) 

Straight: offers enough room to fit midlayers such as insulators 

And so on.

Thanks man. Yea I aware of the fit description, just never own a profile fit acronym jacket so it was nice to hear from others who has it

Thanks for your words/images Xu Jianfeng. Would you mind going into details regarding the chest pockets of the J73? From your image it seems like they are segmented into 2 vertical parts? Are there compartments within?

And I’m still not sure how the vent part works/if its separated from the contents of that pocket, if that makes sense (would rain wet the inside of the pocket...). Thanks.

2 hours ago, hjpx said:

Thanks for your words/images Xu Jianfeng. Would you mind going into details regarding the chest pockets of the J73? From your image it seems like they are segmented into 2 vertical parts? Are there compartments within?

And I’m still not sure how the vent part works/if its separated from the contents of that pocket, if that makes sense (would rain wet the inside of the pocket...). Thanks.

Sure thing man!

im not biking heavily recently so not using these j73 pockets much, but so far as generally speaking after walking through, I would assume this thing borrows heavily from j40-l, that aggranement of pockets etc. 

The seethough pocket would be OK in drizzle days if you only insert ID or so, also the material is same as at the cuffs to remind us this a decent summer jacket.

one minor may be same as j47a-ws it’s thin and when full loaded it may be puffy, for me now j73 may balanced it by help of heavy zippers.

and yeah most pockets I used vertical so far haha,  will add new tricks as I wear the jacket more. Enjoy the detail pics!

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjJkWnIwV1hNeWlLT2tIUCtjUUxR

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjFGaVI4TGlLZEZ4KzlQbGR2elhT

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjFGaVI4TGlLZEZ4OFZEWHlsekJK

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

Much appreciated Jianfeng, good to see the jacket from all these additional angles. That collar looks fine!

One more thing, if you don't mind; I took out my crayons trying to visualize it:

pockets.thumb.jpg.65ae2a9d997b2138c3e5f41a5369be93.jpg

(Please disregard the "right side" I forgot about the "lower detached entry cargo pocket".)

Is there an additional compartment inside the left pocket? And do both those pockets have WS lining? Thanks.

Edited by hjpx
brain slow

On 6/29/2018 at 5:03 PM, Appleseed said:

SS07 had a number of pieces done in a white Scholler fabric. SS-J2A, SS-J3, and SS-J4; IIRC.

Appleseed rarely pops up but when he does, it's always with a good bit of information / knowledge.

Talking of knowledge and information, I feel like I haven't read much by @CARLOOA lately?

9 hours ago, meccaNIZM said:

I can take some, anything specific?

if you can, a picture of it on you fully zipped, and a couple of just the jacket laying flat - advanced pocket from the front, layed open to see the inside, and cuffs. it has an escape zip ya? thanks so much

Edited by nodre

6 hours ago, nodre said:

if you can, a picture of it on you fully zipped, and a couple of just the jacket laying flat - advanced pocket from the front, layed open to see the inside, and cuffs. it has an escape zip ya? thanks so much

here's the only full shot one I have at the moment... inside with the cinch shockcord, inside the advanced pocket, and both sides of it stowed in itself, and the cuffs. It does have an escape zip. Honestly been my fav since I got it... I know its a lot for WS, but im in SoCal, so GT is overkill. The upper right snap pocket the holds down 3rdArm straps could be the simplest but most useful thing on it.  

j47a.jpg

j47a-2.jpg

j47a-3.jpg

j47a-4.jpg

j47a-5.jpg

j47a-6.jpg

j47a-7.jpg

6 hours ago, meccaNIZM said:

here's the only full shot one I have at the moment... inside with the cinch shockcord, inside the advanced pocket, and both sides of it stowed in itself, and the cuffs. It does have an escape zip. Honestly been my fav since I got it... I know its a lot for WS, but im in SoCal, so GT is overkill. The upper right snap pocket the holds down 3rdArm straps could be the simplest but most useful thing on it.  

j47a.jpg

j47a-2.jpg

j47a-3.jpg

j47a-4.jpg

j47a-5.jpg

j47a-6.jpg

j47a-7.jpg

and now to find someone willing to trade for it.. i live in detroit and i need a heavy gore shell + insulator (which i have), now i have been looking to replace my regrettably sold j43a-gt.. this is the one. thanks so much for the pics, give me strength that jacket is beautiful

@meccaNIZM i usually wear a L.. but thinking about sizing down. any input about sizing? 

Edited by nodre

19 hours ago, saskey said:

Can someone share thoughts on the S21-DS? Sizing, fit pics, material robustness?
Thinking about getting a size M/L.
Thank you in advance for your appreciated insights!

Thinner DS than the pants. Fits true to size, consistent with other sweaters they've produced.

Any cyclists here?

I commute 15+ miles/day on a track bike; would like some reviews on how p10's hold up while riding. Also, would an inner liner fit underneath to negate friction from saddle/thigh rub?

After tweeting at him, E suggested that the p10-ds would be comfortable, but another friend said that was a bad idea due to pilling and said he's had better experience riding in his p10-s & p10-ch.

10 hours ago, jeddyhsu said:

Any cyclists here?

I commute 15+ miles/day on a track bike; would like some reviews on how p10's hold up while riding. Also, would an inner liner fit underneath to negate friction from saddle/thigh rub?

After tweeting at him, E suggested that the p10-ds would be comfortable, but another friend said that was a bad idea due to pilling and said he's had better experience riding in his p10-s & p10-ch.

Not a cyclist, but i think the ds piling is exaggerated. Can say I've been wearing the p15-ch (SS-14/ now would be - "ds") since they were released, excessively, and have no piling.  However, i wear these casually, non-athletically, if that makes a difference. 

Edit: I have interior piling, but not exterior. Should have been more specific. also Kampongkid is correct on the fabric difference.  

Edited by Sureal
correction

1 hour ago, Sureal said:

Not a cyclist, but i think the ds piling is exaggerated. Can say I've been wearing the p15-ch (SS-14/ now would be - "ds") since they were released, excessively, and have no piling.  However, i wear these casually, non-athletically, if that makes a difference. 

However my experience of DS (outlier and Acronym) DS pills heavily in the inside. it's when the softer yarn/material in the composition that attributes to moisture wicking and softer next to skin feel starts to degrade from abrasion. It pills quite heavily but that's about it, I haven't had any holes develop because of the pilling.

Edited by Toilettebun
Thanks for the correction

The first CH wasn’t the micro twill we’re seeing today it was a schoeller 3xdry cotton (which I wouldn’t compare to DS either). Old CH was 93% cotton and 7% elastane vs new 54% mac 43% cotton and 3% el.

DS piling is for sure a thing.

Edited by kampongkid

12 hours ago, nodre said:

@meccaNIZM i usually wear a L.. but thinking about sizing down. any input about sizing? 

If you sized down and still wanted an insulator, you’d probably only be able to fit a vest, the arms are a pretty trim fit. It fits pretty long, more like a field jacket. I’d say stay true to size if you’re gonna wear it as a shell, sizing down would probably turn it into a lightweight jacket you thrown on over a tee. Plus the cinch cord really can pair down the fit if needed.

18 hours ago, kampongkid said:

The first CH wasn’t the micro twill we’re seeing today it was a schoeller 3xdry cotton (which I wouldn’t compare to DS either). Old CH was 93% cotton and 7% elastane vs new 54% mac 43% cotton and 3% el.

DS piling is for sure a thing.

Yeah the old CH was called Schoeller Shape. 

And like Casey says, DS definitely pills with continued abrasion. While the P10-DS would definitely be the most comfortable pant for cycling because of the stretch, you could certainly expect pilling on the crotch gusset. You could always get the Enfin Leve p10 ripoffs in DS for much cheaper. Just a thought.

Been off forum for the last few months, just spent an hour reading months of posts! (nice to see@chunglove is still stealing wi-fi from coffee shops to make his troll attempts- some things never change:rolleyes:)

Soooo... I’m thinking of picking up a pair of the P10-DS. I’ve owned a couple pair of stotz and CH, and the sizing varied both between the fabric and the season. Can anyone comment on this season’s DS? Also- the only other DS I own is the S15-DS. Is this the same fabric entirely in terms of both weight and surface/backing?  Appreciate any insight, and nice to be back. Cheers!