Acronym.

Westbrook

12 hours ago, hoju said:

Did you have to ask ACR to do anything?

I did send them a response to my invoice email but there’s no indication that that made any difference. Didn’t get a response back.

The funny thing about it all, now that I think about it, is that the P10’s are listed on the mother site as having been made in Switzerland, which is not a member state of the EU, and therefore wouldn’t be subject to the CETA rules (must be manufactured in and shipped from an EU member state) but happens to have its own free-trade agreement with Canada *shrug*.

Edit: Actually, just checked the COD notice attached to the package, the country of origin is listed as CZ, so maybe it did get processed under CETA after all.

Edited by strikethrough

51 minutes ago, strikethrough said:

I did send them a response to my invoice email but there’s no indication that that made any difference. Didn’t get a response back.

The funny thing about it all, now that I think about it, is that the P10’s are listed on the mother site as having been made in Switzerland, which is not a member state of the EU, and therefore wouldn’t be subject to the CETA rules (must be manufactured in and shipped from an EU member state) but happens to have its own free-trade agreement with Canada *shrug*.

Edit: Actually, just checked the COD notice attached to the package, the country of origin is listed as CZ, so maybe it did get processed under CETA after all.

I assume its 13% HST on the converted canadian amount.  example: 1250 EUR * CAD/EUR 1.54~ * 1.13 HST? 

2 hours ago, strikethrough said:

fabric's origin is switzerland. pants themselves are made in czech republic.

also, acronym does not do jack regarding duties/custom inquiries so i assume it was automatically processed in customs

6 hours ago, clutchLT said:

I assume its 13% HST on the converted canadian amount.  example: 1250 EUR * CAD/EUR 1.54~ * 1.13 HST? 

Yep, that's correct.

4 hours ago, iamundying said:

fabric's origin is switzerland. pants themselves are made in czech republic.

also, acronym does not do jack regarding duties/custom inquiries so i assume it was automatically processed in customs

Gotcha. Thanks! Yeah, you're probably right about that.

One other thing that might help everyone when making a purchase, and isn't immediately obvious, is that you can avoid Paypal's jacked up currency conversion rate by opting to let your bank/card issuer handle the conversion. When going through the Paypal checkout process, look for a link that says something along the lines of "conversion options". I saved about $50 CAD by opting for my Visa to be charged in EUR and letting the bank do the conversion directly.

Edited by strikethrough

On 6/20/2018 at 7:29 PM, hoju said:

If you had to pick between CH and DS, anyone want to weigh in on which is more comfortable?

Depends on the conditions. If you have hot and humid summers, DS is going to be a three-season fabric that you put away when the mercury rises. CH is lighter, thinner, and feels like a much less synthetic fabric, but DS drapes a lot more. P17-CH are perfect for hot weather, OTOH, but you wouldn't want to wear them on the side of a mountain.

3 hours ago, strikethrough said:

One other thing that might help everyone when making a purchase, and isn't immediately obvious, is that you can avoid Paypal's jacked up currency conversion rate by opting to let your bank/card issuer handle the conversion. When going through the Paypal checkout process, look for a link that says something along the lines of "conversion options". I saved about $50 CAD by opting for my Visa to be charged in EUR and letting the bank do the conversion directly.

Trouble is, with some purchases that adds precious seconds when it's a brutal race to checkout.

1 hour ago, drgitlin said:

Depends on the conditions. If you have hot and humid summers, DS is going to be a three-season fabric that you put away when the mercury rises. CH is lighter, thinner, and feels like a much less synthetic fabric, but DS drapes a lot more. P17-CH are perfect for hot weather, OTOH, but you wouldn't want to wear them on the side of a mountain.

Thanks. It's too bad CH isn't used as frequently, something Errolson attributes that to the high cost of the fabric.

46 minutes ago, hoju said:

Trouble is, with some purchases that adds precious seconds when it's a brutal race to checkout.

You're definitely not wrong... but with the most recent drop sitting for as long as it did, i'd consider that reason enough for some optimism.

20 minutes ago, AsianonEggrollPatroll said:

Sorry for interrupting the feed. Does anyone know which Acronym collection had snow camouflage? I can't find any information through any archives.

Not sure snow camo, but that recently selfheating one-off J1a  , and early days camo pouches plus some 3a bag(not sure whether they issued at last or not, they from ss07 season) are some camo models.

these are camo stuffs all I know in acr, hope other intels added though.

I grabbed the J69 and think it works way better in person than it does in their model shots—specifically, the downturned collar is actually a really great feature that makes the jacket wearable with an entirely different genre of clothing. The longer sleeves let you wear them straight like a biker jacket or tighten with a bit of bunch like a bomber. 

DSC04575.thumb.jpg.5e2ecc127ab632171b16484470e7a69b.jpgDSC04568.thumb.jpg.194679b0ae235b9be2725cc39ee28805.jpg

Collar turned down.

DSC04551.thumb.jpg.20e3bd35f7abaa1c51fcd4653e20d87a.jpg

6 hours ago, HeckHouse said:

I grabbed the J69 and think it works way better in person than it does in their model shots—specifically, the downturned collar is actually a really great feature that makes the jacket wearable with an entirely different genre of clothing. The longer sleeves let you wear them straight like a biker jacket or tighten with a bit of bunch like a bomber. 

Collar turned down.

Agree, looks damn good. Killer piece. Any chance you could share some closeups, esp. of collar?

8 hours ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

The P30 is edging closer to Y-3, I certainly welcome a more avantgardæ look these days, next up a CP3?

acronym to takes it's talents to houston.. beard gaitor featuring hærden tech.. which is funny because didn't he just do a capsule with y-3? i liked it too.

Sorry for interrupting this feed. i have some questions about replacement part

Does anyone know acronym offer replacement part like black blank logo tape,bag...etc?

Does anyone have advice on replacing logo tape?

Thanks to whoever reads this and can help, very much appreciated

2 hours ago, paper2k1 said:

Sorry for interrupting this feed. i have some questions about replacement part

Does anyone know acronym offer replacement part like black blank logo tape,bag...etc?

Does anyone have advice on replacing logo tape?

Thanks to whoever reads this and can help, very much appreciated

Recently lost my logo tape so I emailed them by replying to the original order confirmation email sent to me. Was able to get a response pretty quickly and was told they'll send a new one my way. Not sure about bag or other stuff though. 

I once emailed acronym for a replacement zipper pull extension and was sent an email telling me to send the jacket back (with me paying for postage) so they could "fix it" (i.e. me paying over $50 for postage so they could do something in literally seconds and ship it back to me) - this was literally for the velcro zipper pull extensions they had pre fw16 (they've since replaced them with cheap ribbons).

Needless to say I emailed them back saying that they could just send me that velcro zipper extension and I'd be happy doing it myself and was only met with radio silence.

Edited by coldknife

21 hours ago, HeckHouse said:

DSC04575.thumb.jpg.5e2ecc127ab632171b16484470e7a69b.jpgDSC04568.thumb.jpg.194679b0ae235b9be2725cc39ee28805.jpg

Collar turned down.

DSC04551.thumb.jpg.20e3bd35f7abaa1c51fcd4653e20d87a.jpg

Your fit actually look better than the product shot. 

Being a biker myself, I am quite interested in the J69. Hows the fit of the jacket, is it really close fitting?

8 minutes ago, kriztopher said:

Your fit actually look better than the product shot. 

Being a biker myself, I am quite interested in the J69. Hows the fit of the jacket, is it really close fitting?

It's trim, yea. This is a Small and I'm 5'9", 125lbs. I can wear a sweatshirt underneath if needed but it's best with just a t-shirt underneath, IMO. 

On 6/27/2018 at 9:30 PM, Xu Jianfeng said:

Not sure snow camo, but that recently selfheating one-off J1a  , and early days camo pouches plus some 3a bag(not sure whether they issued at last or not, they from ss07 season) are some camo models.

these are camo stuffs all I know in acr, hope other intels added though.

Okay, thanks for the help. I remembered an article about a collection that was all white or something like that. I'll keep searching!

Yeah, the Type 2371 box release from 2002 in SnowOps white. Jimbob's got one, you can find some pics of him wearing it in the WAYWT thread. I'm not sure anyone has seen anything but an XL pop up for sale in years. Saying that, there are white GT pieces out for FW this year if that's your jam.

21 hours ago, HeckHouse said:

It's trim, yea. This is a Small and I'm 5'9", 125lbs. I can wear a sweatshirt underneath if needed but it's best with just a t-shirt underneath, IMO. 

Appreciate your feedback, I have better idea of how this fit now 

@kriztopher if you're curious about fitting of acr jackets; the product description gives you an idea of how they fit.

Profile: more slim fitting, can't layer too much unless youre built like a pencil(if you go tts) 

Straight: offers enough room to fit midlayers such as insulators 

And so on.

Edited by AvantSol
(Generally speaking of course)