Acronym.

Westbrook

I received my J66-GT yesterday. Posting my first impressions. 

1. It feels light and breathable, like a real summer goretex jacket. I will much prefer this to the WS fabric. It feels thinner and lighter than my J47R-GT which i purchased during SS17. Strange cause the 3L goretex pro fabric should be the same. I suspect its because of the lack of the pockets on the sleeves and on the upper body, and the hood is not stowable.

2. It is definitely less techy than other GT jackets, less pockets, less features. Probably the most minimalist Shell jacket from acronym i own. For all its missing features, it had an amazing pocket which i loved. Its big, the zipper design holds its shape well (which actually looks nice), and can be accessed both from the top and side. I can fit my iphone7+ in the inner pocket easily, and probably can fit much more than that. 

3. Main zippers are ykk, feels less substantial than the raccagini zippers on my J47R-GT. But still great in itself.

4. The focus of the design is on the reverse seams which are everywhere. They came already a little frayed, and the pattern is made to accentuate these lines where the fraying takes place. Its more fashionable than it is functional (if you compare it to the older acronyms)

5. The hood has an amazing design. I like it. But i regret that it could not be stowed.

6. Its a keeper for me. Simply because i love the amazing pockets.

96F1BFCF-5B56-4863-8D29-17645505357A.thumb.jpeg.e0eefeb9296f93a9f7e6dd2626868762.jpeg

5 hours ago, skycrawler said:

I received my J66-GT yesterday. Posting my first impressions. 

1. It feels light and breathable, like a real summer goretex jacket. I will much prefer this to the WS fabric. It feels thinner and lighter than my J47R-GT which i purchased during SS17. Strange cause the 3L goretex pro fabric should be the same. I suspect its because of the lack of the pockets on the sleeves and on the upper body, and the hood is not stowable.

2. It is definitely less techy than other GT jackets, less pockets, less features. Probably the most minimalist Shell jacket from acronym i own. For all its missing features, it had an amazing pocket which i loved. Its big, the zipper design holds its shape well (which actually looks nice), and can be accessed both from the top and side. I can fit my iphone7+ in the inner pocket easily, and probably can fit much more than that. 

3. Main zippers are ykk, feels less substantial than the raccagini zippers on my J47R-GT. But still great in itself.

4. The focus of the design is on the reverse seams which are everywhere. They came already a little frayed, and the pattern is made to accentuate these lines where the fraying takes place. Its more fashionable than it is functional (if you compare it to the older acronyms)

5. The hood has an amazing design. I like it. But i regret that it could not be stowed.

6. Its a keeper for me. Simply because i love the amazing pockets.

Thanks for review. Surprised to hear that the hood can't be stowed. I thought with the "interior stabilization ring" it might be partially stowable. 

Two Questions:

1. Does the GT version have jacketsling loops on inside? 

2. How do you like the reversed hardware snaps on the front compared with 47R?

15 hours ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

Thanks for review. Surprised to hear that the hood can't be stowed. I thought with the "interior stabilization ring" it might be partially stowable. 

Two Questions:

1. Does the GT version have jacketsling loops on inside? 

2. How do you like the reversed hardware snaps on the front compared with 47R?

1. Yes it has internal jacketsling loops

2. I think it is really important detail for the aesthetic of the piece, also makes it easy to keep the jacket open and airy in warmer days. As a hardware it is okay. 

On 22/05/2018 at 8:12 PM, X.bee said:

Just had my tech wash and tx.direct arrive. I have the white and orange J28-K and was thinking about how I should wash it thinking that the colour from the hood could wash into the white and stain the material. I was thinking this wouldn’t actually matter with any of the other J28-K’s because the colours match each other. Anyone washed the orange and white specifically before? How did you go about it? Was there any colour migration to worry about as the care tag suggests?

Just got the j1a-gtv... many props to @ yankees19032002

will get more info out as i wear it, but initial thoughts: I’ve always been a fan of volt, but the 2.5 layer fabric is Amazing. The interior texture is pretty dope, not sure what purpose it will serve. But the face could be my new fav. Softer than other GT but not quite the the level of the J29s reduced audio signature. It’s almost like a twill face, seems to breath really well. Internal sling is missed for me as well... I’ll get more up with more useage 

66B70C9A-258A-4CC3-AE66-18ECD94D98E3.jpeg

I think what makes the p10 fit great especially in the DS and CH iteration is that the reinforced knee doesn't make the fabric bunch up around the knee unlike most tapered pants do. The aggresive taper on the p10 looks slicker in comparison to other tapered pants because of it. Your alteration the p16A is definitely cool and all but I think adding knee darts similar to the p24a would have made a better silhouette than an aggressive taper.

4 minutes ago, Toilettebun said:

I think what makes the p10 fit great especially in the DS and CH iteration is that the reinforced knee doesn't make the fabric bunch up around the knee unlike most tapered pants do. The aggresive taper on the p10 looks slicker in comparison to other tapered pants because of it. Your alteration the p16A is definitely cool and all but I think adding knee darts similar to the p24a would have made a better silhouette than an aggressive taper.

Yep. But in this case i need to cut the length to make this darts.  Its too risky cuz the og length of my p16 was about 101 cm (p10 in my size S have the same lenght). 

On 6/2/2018 at 7:32 PM, Kamikaze said:

I’ve had some problems with the j28k. I believe it’s delaminating? Such a shame since I wore it on and off for such a short amount of time 

I had the same problem after I washed mine for the first time (hand washed in Nikwax Tech Wash).

If anyone's wondering on the durability of the K material... it sucks. In these pictures, the dark areas/dots are the spots where the jacket is delaminating. In addition to being prone to delaminating, it stains easily too.

IMG_6779.jpg

IMG_6778.jpg

Sweat and oils are really bad for laminated fabrics. Both for performance and longevity. I wonder if post fabric production dyeing or other processes may have striped any oleophobic (oil repellent) treatment the fabric may have had. 

FYI I took a lot of detailed photos of both J1A-GT and J1A-GTV, to help with future LC. They are more different than I would have expected: the GTV has these mysterious velcro tabs on the upper arm, the collar/hood is different, and the dimensions of various panels are a bit different all around. You can see them here:

https://imgur.com/a/M7cYMhY

https://imgur.com/a/vy3K487

The J1A-GTPL has those "mysterious" velcro tabs too - apparently they're meant to allow you to roll up your sleeves and hold them in place - I never figured out how to do that without it looking awkward though.

How's the collar/hood different? Just the "cover" on the hood's snap buttons?

41 minutes ago, eyesolation said:

The J1A-GTPL has those "mysterious" velcro tabs too - apparently they're meant to allow you to roll up your sleeves and hold them in place - I never figured out how to do that without it looking awkward though.

How's the collar/hood different? Just the "cover" on the hood's snap buttons?

Bizarre they left those off the paclite version, where arguably they're way more useful. I make use of them on my J22 (2.5 layer pro shell) an awful lot.