Acronym.

Westbrook

The info all along was that S/S18 was going to be exclusive to the website and that F/W would be back in retailers. How that became ‘No S/S’ drop???

But I don’t think anyone anticipated how much stuff there would be forthcoming this season.

On 5/22/2018 at 12:14 PM, lopiteaux said:

I was always under the impression that the J1A was cut a lot smaller than the J28, but the measurement on the site seem to suggest that the former (well, the GTV at least) is cut more generous than the J28, albeit by a small margin.

Is this true?

Your initial impression was spot on. I owned the J1a for two years now in M, and recently snagged a J28 in M as well and the 28 is clearly way roomier all around without a doubt.

For everyone in the US getting p10-DS the correct HTS code is 6203.43.11.90 and should bring duties down to 7%, according to the nice lady from UPS i just spoke with.

edit: duties went from $200 to $90. good luck yall 

Edited by ste.png

For the Canadian folks out there, looks like Acronym are marking it correctly as made in Europe; 3rd drop in a row with only taxes (no duties) - If you're scared, shoot them an e-mail and they'll edit the invoice to say the country of origin for the product.

I just got the J1A-GTV, just 4 days after ordering. Some quick thoughts:

• I was unsure about the color, but as expected, when I took it out of the box and tried it on I loved it. This is kinda why I'm willing to buy Acronym on faith... whenever I've been on the fence, I've always ended up pleased.
  • It might be true that the 2.5L Goretex quieter or tents out less, but if so it's not by enough to matter. Still feels like a rigid crinkly jacket.
  • It's been awhile since I had a J1A-GT but the fit feels the same if not slightly slimmer.
  • The interior feels totally different from 3L... it's much less slippery.
  • They sent me a free Vapormax tee, awesome :)
  • There are no inner jacketsling hooks. Fuck me. I wonder if it's because of the backer material, or if they're fully committed to external jacket slings only from now on? Despite how awesome the jacket is I'm probably going to end up selling or trading it because of this... the inner jacketsling is the one gimmick I absolutely love :(

24 minutes ago, eidolarr said:

Despite how awesome the jacket is I'm probably going to end up selling or trading it because of this... the inner jacketsling is the one gimmick I absolutely love

interesting. what makes you prefer inner to external jacket slings by such a large margin? i find the internal to get a bit annoying when sitting in a chair or on the T. 

48 minutes ago, 1i1i1ii1 said:

interesting. what makes you prefer inner to external jacket slings by such a large margin? i find the internal to get a bit annoying when sitting in a chair or on the T. 

d - i'll tell you my take.. if its pissing wet outside, using the inner jacketsling prevents the wet panels from facing my body/prevents me from having to violently shake my jacket when i get inside wherever i'm going which is a bit much when i fling water everywhere within a 5ft radius.

2 hours ago, kenwiryadi said:

yo, pros and cons of j62-pb? heard their front pockets are troublesome?

Those pockets are either defective at point of purchase or fine. Some of them were just missing some stitching like mine and they red-did them for me in the end. 

On 26/05/2018 at 7:39 PM, RemarkableArmor said:

Those pockets are either defective at point of purchase or fine. Some of them were just missing some stitching like mine and they red-did them for me in the end. 

Oh did they? My right pocket is missing some stitching too. I've been wondering if its worth sending it back to them just for that or get a local tailor to fix it for me. 

Considering fabric supplier means the actual fabric is changed in different seasons, does anybody know the sturdiest fabric used in terms of abrasion/puncture resistance for pants?

46 minutes ago, Albm said:

Considering fabric supplier means the actual fabric is changed in different seasons, does anybody know the sturdiest fabric used in terms of abrasion/puncture resistance for pants?

Should some specific ch(would name the p10-ch in ss16 like), as well as stotz( def different patches, also among stotz there are different directions).

But not the grey jeans like ch like in p9.

Would name DS as a long term player too for durability etc.

For epic it may be thought thin and fragile but in daily use it def ok,  least it from bdu( my E-P1A agrees)

Some less mentioned model like ws-p3a, I’m not using it for long time so I may no say it for certain.

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

On 5/22/2018 at 6:39 PM, rnstyip said:

This is a completely subjective opinion but I don't really think it adds much value to the overall look of the jacket pre and post distressing, so I don't really understand the point of it. Doesn't seem to be a functional aspect of the jacket either.

On 5/22/2018 at 6:40 PM, lopiteaux said:

I think they look great. Nice little detail, and sets it apart from their other products which have a much cleaner design. I think it's indicative of a new direction their taking, echoed in the kimono-style J72.

On 5/22/2018 at 6:49 PM, deathrazr said:

I like to keep my jackets in good condition so I dont know how the fraying will play out. It sucks paying for a $2000 jacket knowing its gonna fray. I guess we can already see it from the j66-gtv stormhood product shot.

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 1.13.36 PM.png

On 5/22/2018 at 7:37 PM, Voyager said:

Somehow this detail (in addition to how the seams are sewn) is what put me over the edge in buying it. I can't explain why either. I think I just really like the aesthetic.

On 5/23/2018 at 2:09 PM, Nebulae said:

When you read the idea behind it it's pretty compelling:

On the volt, the shadows that the seam allowances cast are like subtle graphic elements that bring out the construction of the piece. On the black, same effect with the reverse side being lighter. Quite the ingenious way to bring attention to one of the more overlooked elements of the brand. Snap buttons are set in reverse too. Love how the same concept carries through all parts of the piece. One of the more interesting and forward thinking ideas they've explored in the past few seasons.

My apologies, a little slow to reply to a conversation I started. Nonetheless, it's good to see that the piece generated some mixed opinions. 

I haven't really had much spare time as of late so I haven't had a real good look at the images but, it interests me. The idea of frayed edges on a GTX jacket is intriguing. Not sure if I like it or dislike it, but it's intriguing. As long as it doesn't affect performance. 

I'm also really interested in seeing how it will age over time / with use.

4 hours ago, darkart said:

Any review on J66-GT? 

I know you're asking about J66-GT, but my J66-GTV just arrived this morning. Too soon for an in-depth review, but I can say that it's gorgeous in-person. The edges are already slightly fraying right out of the box. As expected, the reverse seams + intense color = brilliant showcase for the detailed geometric patterning.  I'm a "Smedium" and I ordered size S and I made the right decision. The pockets don't seem to have that ugly flare out like they do in some of the product pictures. There's just enough room for light layering, but it doesn't look boxy or oversized like it would have if went size M.

Things you can't tell from the lookbook on their website -

• The primary zip is actually an EscapeZip. 
  • The shade of volt matches the heel of the AVM-007
  • Weight-wise it falls right in between GT Pro and WS
  • As with the J1A-GTV, there are no internal jacketsling loops

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

I know you're asking about J66-GT, but my J66-GTV just arrived this morning. Too soon for an in-depth review, but I can say that it's gorgeous in-person. The edges are already slightly fraying right out of the box. As expected, the reverse seams + intense color = brilliant showcase for the detailed geometric patterning.  I'm a "Smedium" and I ordered size S and I made the right decision. The pockets don't seem to have that ugly flare out like they do in some of the product pictures. There's just enough room for light layering, but it doesn't look boxy or oversized like it would have if went size M.

Things you can't tell from the lookbook on their website -

• The primary zip is actually an EscapeZip. 
  • The shade of volt matches the heel of the AVM-007
  • Weight-wise it falls right in between GT Pro and WS
  • As with the J1A-GTV, there are no internal jacketsling loops

Killer review man. Would appreciate if you could share some snaps when you get the chance!

19 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

Killer review man. Would appreciate if you could share some snaps when you get the chance!

image.thumb.jpg.35dd9133566f88f189dae1ed8bc46b8a.jpg

Fraying on day 1

5b0dac5cecb9e_image(1).thumb.jpg.7a166a194957d4988519cee7a73a836b.jpg

Hood detail

5b0dac623ea8b_image(2).thumb.jpg.1e2c35018d0285f95c726782dfd9a164.jpg

Same shade of volt

I'll try to get a proper fit pic in asap.

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

The texture gives it a unique feel. It feels much like the inside of a GT shell with added texture.

I guess my concern is whether or not it would add any resistance when sliding the arms through—by my eyes it looks rubberized.

3 hours ago, hoju said:

I guess my concern is whether or not it would add any resistance when sliding the arms through—by my eyes it looks rubberized.

I put mine on over a hoodie the other day and there was a bit of resistance that I noticed. Nothing deal breaking, but yeah