Acronym.

Westbrook

1 minute ago, eidolarr said:

I grabbed a J1A-GTV. Really hope that unlike the PL it has internal jacketsling loops.

Sometimes I really wish I could pull off that volt colourway, it is really cool. But just not my personality.

4 minutes ago, Bigyen said:

Unsure about the reverse seam allowances on the J66, especially on the volt.  It'll Interesting to see how this thing ages and frays, hopefully not too sloppy.

I think that the possibility of fraying is what really caught me for that piece - cause it is such an antithesis of the high-technology 3L Goretex fabric.

I was always under the impression that the J1A was cut a lot smaller than the J28, but the measurement on the site seem to suggest that the former (well, the GTV at least) is cut more generous than the J28, albeit by a small margin.

Is this true?

The seams, hems, darts etc. on the J66 (you can see it better on the volt version) are crazy...

IMG-3423.thumb.PNG.a3fa19d4cabc27d3d60d29b7b64b0e34.PNGIMG-3426.thumb.PNG.d792e4293b49b61787d9bcd5decd9a4a.PNG

is it concept art?!...

also the detail photography/lighting... amazing Wiedergabe.

Edited by hjpx
imgs & rearrangements

1 hour ago, lopiteaux said:

I believe there will be a drop every month, not sure if just for this season or for the whole year, but that was what E stated at the time.

I thought he said the intermittent drops were only for spring. AW 18 will be back to one drop or broken into two as in the past.

From the GTV product pages:

DISCLAIMER: Due to the industrial nature of this fabric as well as its high-visibility hue some stains may prove impossible to remove with cleaning. 'Strike through' of the membrane color to the outer surface of the fabric will also occur when the fabric is scored with hard objects. This is an intrinsic characteristic of the fabric and cannot be considered as defective.”

So does that mean any rough abrasion will cause a dark mark to be left on the fabric?

4 minutes ago, wexler said:

From the GTV product pages:

DISCLAIMER: Due to the industrial nature of this fabric as well as its high-visibility hue some stains may prove impossible to remove with cleaning. 'Strike through' of the membrane color to the outer surface of the fabric will also occur when the fabric is scored with hard objects. This is an intrinsic characteristic of the fabric and cannot be considered as defective.”

So does that mean any rough abrasion will cause a dark mark to be left on the fabric?

yep most likely, better to wear another hard shell over to protect it. 

1 minute ago, Yoshiii said:

Just for conversational purposes, what are peoples opinions on the raw / frayed edges of the J66?

This is a completely subjective opinion but I don't really think it adds much value to the overall look of the jacket pre and post distressing, so I don't really understand the point of it. Doesn't seem to be a functional aspect of the jacket either.

1 minute ago, Yoshiii said:

Just for conversational purposes, what are peoples opinions on the raw / frayed edges of the J66?

I think they look great. Nice little detail, and sets it apart from their other products which have a much cleaner design. I think it's indicative of a new direction their taking, echoed in the kimono-style J72.