Acronym.

Westbrook

13 hours ago, shinnanju said:

VAPORMAXES FOR EVERYONE

I, for one, am glad my mans is giving back the best way he can.  Prices too high, can't get my size, design sucks, not limited enough...

You wanna go up or down bruh?

Random question - Can I get some thoughts from someone who owns a J28-K?

I've been eyeing them since release, never picked one up, and am about to pull the trigger now. I've got the GT, so know the design inside out, but wanted to hear what you thought about the fabric, the construction, comfort, etc. over time.

Have trawled through the history of this forum to see what’s been said, but apart from a couple of comments around release it’s been pretty mute.

9 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

Random question - Can I get some thoughts from someone who owns a J28-K?

I've been eyeing them since release, never picked one up, and am about to pull the trigger now. I've got the GT, so know the design inside out, but wanted to hear what you thought about the fabric, the construction, comfort, etc. over time.

Have trawled through the history of this forum to see what’s been said, but apart from a couple of comments around release it’s been pretty mute.

It feels like wearing crinkled paper...ridiculously light. Can’t speak for durability - felt really fragile like it would rip but I see people wearing their 3rd arms etc with these so could be deceptively strong. Personally give me the GT or Epic version any day but the colours are cool.

37 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

...felt really fragile like it would rip...

Thanks mate. That's exactly what I was afraid of. Needless to say one of the major selling points with ACRONYM is the strength of construction, so this has been a sticking point to me when considering the piece. From the pieces that have been popping up on Grailed over the past year it would also appear that it's easily stained.

Does anyone have any feedback on the longevity of the fabric/construction? Is it as fragile as one would expect, or is my suspicion unwarranted?

Edited by lopiteaux
It's early, and my train of thought is still boarding at the station.

1 hour ago, lopiteaux said:

Thanks mate. That's exactly what I was afraid of. Needless to say one of the major selling points with ACRONYM is the strength of construction, so this has been a sticking point to me when considering the piece. From the pieces that have been popping up on Grailed over the past year it would also appear that it's easily stained.

Does anyone have any feedback on the longevity of the fabric/construction? Is it as fragile as one would expect, or is my suspicion unwarranted?

I sold mine last year, but they're pretty bombproof actually, took mine out hiking in the woods / mountains quite a bit and the material struck me as a lot more durable than the GT counterpart.

Edited by agentbuca

1 hour ago, agentbuca said:

I sold mine last year, but they're pretty bombproof actually, took mine out hiking in the woods / mountains quite a bit and the material struck me as a lot more durable than the GT counterpart.

Damn! More durable than GT pro?? It seemed to me like it might be some kind of special construction that was stronger than it appeared on the face of things but I’m shocked it could outperform the GT. How did it breathe with the hiking? Struck me it would have a clammy feel to it with any heat build-up...

1 hour ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Damn! More durable than GT pro?? It seemed to me like it might be some kind of special construction that was stronger than it appeared on the face of things but I’m shocked it could outperform the GT. How did it breathe with the hiking? Struck me it would have a clammy feel to it with any heat build-up...

Yeah, I was very surprised by this too... especially considering the number of pieces I've seen with tears.

^ and I'm sure it's more comfortable than GTPRO but its not really an issue when it's not next to skin. Also in terms of durability; I can assure that gt pro is more durable. There's just more products using GTP vs Nemen K which mean there's a lot more data and people using the product to cause such issues as tears.

And from personal experience, I've never had gt pro rip on me. Paclite on the other hand...

Edited by AvantSol

7 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

Does anyone have a J28-K purchased from Nemen? What does the Nemen bag look like, and did they come without the blank logo tape?

I had mine direct, there was no bag or spec sheet, just an embossed nemen cardboard box. Blank logo tape was included in one of the pockets.