Acronym.

Westbrook

Anyone have any success with getting recent stotz pants with HTS duties less than 16% (6203.42.45)? The cotton composition and lack of any synthetics/plumage really seem to limit any alternate codes. My assigned customs agent refused everything else haha. My duties for the P10-S's came out to 212$.

11 minutes ago, cybersushi said:

Anyone have any success with getting recent stotz pants with HTS duties less than 16% (6203.42.45)? The cotton composition and lack of any synthetics/plumage really seem to limit any alternate codes. My assigned customs agent refused everything else haha. My duties for the P10-S's came out to 212$.

I'm in the same boat as you, would like any advice on getting this lowered.

Honestly, I'm starting to regret my purchase. I bought these impulsively because I have been trying to get a pair of black P10 for the longest time, but nearly $1500 after duty is insane!

On 4/19/2018 at 6:16 PM, GFNS said:

Alrighty folks, the first customs item is in and I've been slapped with a 30% duties tax on the S21-DS.  Time to pull up the tariff codes and broke boi the SDF folks for a refund.

SDF?

Spoiler

YPGMeme.png.198a449c79cf4b60a2ea8da0359a07e9.png

Edited by TIMDOT

quick first thoughts on j1a-gtpl: paclite jokes feeling a bit real right now. i've been considering a lighter jacket for awhile now and was regretting not picking up the j47a-ws from before, so i figured i'd give the paclite a try.

immediate impression on feeling it out was it seemed a bit cheap. the zippers, button studs, and the look of the paclite just reminded me of the chinese reps (but i guess this is just goes to show far along those have come). after wearing it out for a day i'm not unhappy with it, but the price point is DEFINITELY whack for paclite. 

R0000601.jpg

R0000602.jpg

R0000603.jpg

Got mine too, yes the material doesn't feel as "premium" or rugged when comparing to GT Pro, but after wearing if for a while, I do appreciate the added softness. 

I did noticed one bad thing about J1A in GTPL: since the material is much softer than GT/Stotz, opening gravity pocket's inside button with one-hand is quite a bit more difficult than my GT jacket. doesn't bother me too much since i don't use it that often, but something to think about if you frequently take stuff in and out of it.

Overall I'm still pretty happy with it (without considering too much about pricing ofc) and asymmetrical blocking is indeed very nice. 

Two thoughts on the GTPL:

1. Keep in mind the original J1 was actually made in Paclite. Not sure if the original idea was that it was a jacket you'd be pulling on and off a lot (hence interops), but that use-case certainly seems to suite the material.

2. I actually like the drape of the GTPL a little more than the regular GT. Seems a little more... buttery?

Edit: hang on, I don't see internal jacketsling loops in those photos—is it only external, or is it just the way the jacket's resting?

Edited by junkie_dolphin

I just compared the inner face texture to my GT-J29's and it indeed is different. The one on the J29 is leather-like as @moneyless said, and the on in the J1A is smooth.

Here's a picture - top is GT-J29 and bottom is J1A-GTPL:

fUe8LJU.jpg

The picture makes it look like the J1A has a little bit of texture too but it's absolutely smooth to the touch, so it feels very different.

Edited by eyesolation

I hear you all on price, but I fear the reality is we're not going to be seeing Acronym Goretex Pro jackets going for less than $2,500 anymore. So IMO, although worries about "Acronym inflation" are fair, complaints about this specific jacket's price relative to what you're used to paying for e.g. the J1A-GT are misguided. So, putting price aside, I'm gonna be the outlier and say the J1A-GTPL is great.

it's the first paclite jacket I've owned, and I really like the drape. I've got a J43A-GT and while it's sick, it definitely tents out if I sit down or even lean a bit because GTX Pro is so rigid. This is much more like normal fabric. Dunno what you guys mean about feeling cheap, I'm not getting that vibe at all, though it's much lighter in texture. Feels like halfway between the J1A-GT and what I imagine a J1A-WS would feel like. And the color blocking is great. Also, while Acronym has made some great jackets, the J1A is really just... something else.

As for performance, we'll  have to see when the rain comes... my understanding is that they've done a few iterations of paclite and it's improved since the first cuts, but I don't have anything to compare it to.

The lack of internal jacket sling loops is a real bummer. Of all the neat gimmicks and features Acronym has, I've found the jacket sling setup far and away the most useful.

Overall, I'm not sure whether to keep it. I've a GT-J34 in the mail and I'm going to sell one of the two, so I guess I'll decide when that arrives.

Edited by eidolarr
typo

just got my p10-s XS in the mail. for reference i'm 5'4 male, 150-155 lbs 30 waist. it fits perfectly length wise (thank you errolson for making an xs for the short people) but the thighs are tight if you do a bunch of squats. since this is stotz fabric, it doesn't really stretch out as much, but i'm hoping it loosens up around the thigh area after some wear. over all very happy with the xs length. 

you know what's weird. I think i like WS better than I do PL.  although much thinner, the j47a-ws in terms of fabric, seems better to me than the pl in the j1a-gtpl.  I feel like pl plays a middle game that doesn't justify the price.  i'd prefer getting ws if im looking for a spring wind breaker type of jacket that is extremely light and gt pro if i want need something durable and to keep me water proof.  PL just doesn't seem to work for me.  but again, to each their own.

1 hour ago, AvantSol said:

All cw and sizes for the vms restocked on mother site.

Am I correct that neither 007 or 102 released in a 14? I keep checking the restocks to get rebummed out

52 minutes ago, drgitlin said:

The paclite used for the first J44 is a lot stiffer than any of my pro shell GT pieces. 

That's nuts, what season was that? Maybe the "paclite" is totally different? I can't find any hard evidence that there are multiple versions of Paclite, but the J1A-GTPL is vastly less rigid than the pro shell on both my J43A and my Veilance monitor.

18 hours ago, eidolarr said:

That's nuts, what season was that? Maybe the "paclite" is totally different? I can't find any hard evidence that there are multiple versions of Paclite, but the J1A-GTPL is vastly less rigid than the pro shell on both my J43A and my Veilance monitor.

SS15. 

Elegant, yet comfortable J44 is an ultra-versatile shawl collar jacket. From semi-formal to fully-protected, the ingenious 3 part front zipper provides multiple options for configuration. Standard above-standard Acronym fit, fabric, and features. INTEROPSæ compatible. 

We are not hunters, but we appreciate the reduced audio signature of this hunting specific Gore-Tex® microfiber fabric with Paclite® product technology. Its exterior face is soft to the touch, and the slick interior backer glides over inner layers smooth and silent”

€782, for those who are keeping track of inflation...

edit- unhuged the text.

Edited by drgitlin