Acronym.

Westbrook

I noticed, if i wasn't mistaken, that this seasons pieces were made in Switzerland. Have they moved production there from Czechoslovakia?

Also on a separate point it seems like drops will be smaller and monthly from now on, I saw a EH comment reproduced on the Fb forum.

Czechoslovakia ended before Acronym started :angry: 

I always thought that Made in Switzerland refers to the fabric. Move to switzerland would explain the price hike but it would make no sense. Acronym GmbH/Dynamics is still comapny based in EU, while switzerland is not, that would mean (apart from higher salaries) import duties to DE/CZ and VAT.

8 minutes ago, undercover73 said:

Also on a separate point it seems like drops will be smaller and monthly from now on, I saw a EH comment reproduced on the Fb forum.

He tweeted this as well but im pretty sure thats just his plan for SS18. In the fall when he stocks at brick and mortar shops I don't see how he would be able to do a slow roll out like this. 

12 hours ago, the-intern said:

Curious of the earnest opinions of the recent price hikes from the long standing die hard fans out there. For what it's worth I see it as a move to protect ACRs ability to -accurately- proclaim their wares as artworks as much as they are outstanding products. Be very interested to hear how this has impacted the consumer opinion (Ive never been able to afford it myself to begin with).

Honestly? It's probably priced me out. IIRC my J5-A and E-J4TS (the first two things I bought) were about $700 each. The J62-PB I bought last year from Acronym was just over €1,000. Now prices have increased by another 50% in a few months? 

I would not mind the price hike if it was on new items but how can I justify 1200EUR P10-S when I paid way less for P10A-CH. Yeah I am probably priced out, but I kinda do not mind since there was hardly anything interesting this year, and I am not anyway a huge ACRONYM spender.  

J1A-GTPL in volt? NO THANK YOU

Edited by danii

5 hours ago, Flipflop214 said:

There has to be someone that knows someone who knows someone in that Czech factory. Use your resources sufu and get intel for us.  We can even crowdfund the fee for said verified intel.

or

Take E’s word.  What would he gain from lying? 

let's put it like this: the most expensive pant the tilak brand  puts out is a €400 gore-tex pant. The average tilak pant is 150ish. Whatever it is, it's definitely not labor cost making the acr pants four to ten times as expensive.

5 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

let's put it like this: the most expensive pant the tilak brand  puts out is a €400 gore-tex pant. The average tilak pant is 150ish. Whatever it is, it's definitely not labor cost making the acr pants four to ten times as expensive.

It makes me want to scream every time I read someone rehashing the stupid, economic illiterate BS that paying a living wage is responsible for the 2x+ price hikes seen in the last 2 years (or ACR price in general). Voronoi or Apparat are very similar construction wise (I assume the input and labor requirement are similar to a P10s), yet they sell for 35-40% of the the newly released p10s. 

Wasn't the price increase on the 3A-3TS questionable as well, same textile and pattern used before but with a higher price tag (non olive version)? The p10-s significant price increase is questionable considering the p10a-ch last released at 985 usd and now the p10-s sits around 1.4k usd which is undoubtedly questionable given stotz price hasn't increased (I checked with weather wise wear which is a known manufacturer that utilizes stotz for gears and such), patterns for p10 are readily available, and it's the non advanced version of the p10. 

2 minutes ago, Toilettebun said:

Wasn't the price increase on the 3A-3TS questionable as well, same textile and pattern used before but with a higher price tag (non olive version)? 

It's even produced by Bagjack in Berlin, not Acronym themselves, so any fluctuations or changes in the costs on Acronym's side shouldn't affect the cost of producing the bags in Berlin.

44 minutes ago, GFNS said:

Alrighty folks, the first customs item is in and I've been slapped with a 30% duties tax on the S21-DS.  Time to pull up the tariff codes and broke boi the SDF folks for a refund.

Can you post a review when you can? Been eyeing that one.

2 hours ago, sportello said:

Can you post a review when you can? Been eyeing that one.

I think the description nails it completely.  Light, fast, transitional.  It's thin thin and optimal for small EDC items.  Overall, very happy with it.

Sorry if that's too short but those are just first impressions.  I'll try to post something more comprehensive after a few weeks of testing.

As far as tariffs go, I'm pretty sure they tacked 6110.30.3010 @ 32% when it should be closer to 6110.90.9023 @ 6% for the S21-DS.  I've started the process and have until the 25th to get this reviewed for a refund, as per the UPS agent.  I'll keep all my broke boi's posted!

19 minutes ago, GFNS said:

I think the description nails it completely.  Light, fast, transitional.  It's thin thin and optimal for small EDC items.  Overall, very happy with it.

Sorry if that's too short but those are just first impressions.  I'll try to post something more comprehensive after a few weeks of testing.

As far as tariffs go, I'm pretty sure they tacked 6110.30.3010 @ 32% when it should be closer to 6110.90.9023 @ 6% for the S21-DS.  I've started the process and have until the 25th to get this reviewed for a refund, as per the UPS agent.  I'll keep all my broke boi's posted!

What does 6110.90.9023 correspond to? Thanks!

2 hours ago, GFNS said:

I was able to use 6201.93.47 for the S21-DS and duties dropped from around $290 to around $70.

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

I was able to use 6201.93.47 for the S21-DS and duties dropped from around $290 to around $70.

I could see how the 6201.93.4700 could work.  I’ll keep it in the bag just in case.

4 hours ago, solographik said:

What does 6110.90.9023 correspond to? Thanks!

6110.90.9023 corresponds to Sweatshirts specifically, if I’m not mistaken.

On 4/17/2018 at 1:20 PM, hoju said:

For those of you in Canada, I spoke with someone at the Customs office. Basically, if you have someone from ACR's shipping department fill this form out and slap it on the box, it should work:

----

(Period: from___________ to __________(1))

The exporter of the products covered by this document (customs authorisation No ...(2)) declares that, except where otherwise clearly indicated, these products are of ...(3) preferential origin.

…………………………………………………………….............................................(4) 
(Place and date)

...……………………………………………………………………..............................(5) 
(Signature and printed name of the exporter)

---

Obviously, getting a response or action from them may be a challenge, but it's worth inquiring. I'm not as well-versed in these matters, so YMMV, but here's hoping for a miracle.

All sourced from here: http://international.gc.ca/trade-commerce/trade-agreements-accords-commerciaux/agr-acc/ceta-aecg/text-texte/P1.aspx?lang=eng under Annex 2.

Just an update for my fellow Canadians; I didn't have to do this and only got charged tax and $10 brokerage fees, no duties!

Edited by jasonlao
typo