Acronym.

Westbrook

For those of you in Canada, I spoke with someone at the Customs office. Basically, if you have someone from ACR's shipping department fill this form out and slap it on the box, it should work:

----

(Period: from___________ to __________(1))

The exporter of the products covered by this document (customs authorisation No ...(2)) declares that, except where otherwise clearly indicated, these products are of ...(3) preferential origin.

…………………………………………………………….............................................(4) 
(Place and date)

...……………………………………………………………………..............................(5) 
(Signature and printed name of the exporter)

---

Obviously, getting a response or action from them may be a challenge, but it's worth inquiring. I'm not as well-versed in these matters, so YMMV, but here's hoping for a miracle.

All sourced from here: http://international.gc.ca/trade-commerce/trade-agreements-accords-commerciaux/agr-acc/ceta-aecg/text-texte/P1.aspx?lang=eng under Annex 2.

1 hour ago, hoju said:

For those of you in Canada, I spoke with someone at the Customs office. Basically, if you have someone from ACR's shipping department fill this form out and slap it on the box, it should work:

----

The exporter of the products covered by this document (customs authorisation No ...(2)) declares that, except where otherwise clearly indicated, these products are of ...(3) preferential origin.

(Place and date)

---

Obviously, getting a response or action from them may be a challenge, but it's worth inquiring. I'm not as well-versed in these matters, so YMMV, but here's hoping for a miracle.

All sourced from here: http://international.gc.ca/trade-commerce/trade-agreements-accords-commerciaux/agr-acc/ceta-aecg/text-texte/P1.aspx?lang=eng under Annex 2.

I wouldn't get my hopes up that you'd be able to pull this off. 

20 hours ago, hoju said:

i made this request yesterday and received a reply so it's definitely worth trying

acrnmreply.png

22 hours ago, hoju said:

----

(Place and date)

---

You will probably still have to clear your own package in your nearby customs and pick up the package in UPS warehouse

On 4/16/2018 at 10:45 PM, meccaNIZM said:

Curious what the F1-T is...

From a Nomadshop article:

N: What makes Shadow Project different from Stone Island’s mainline?

E: It has a different function. The reason it’s called Shadow is because it’s a by-product of the mainline. You can’t have Shadow without the mainline. Shadow’s purpose… Carlo calls it his Formula-1 team.

Too much of a leap to think the F1-T may be an in-joke referring to a SISP tee? 

2 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

How does this work?

Sadly Hypebeast forum is closed and I can’t seem to access/find my thread. I had much more concise instruction. 

Heres the original instruction i based it from

http://trueler.com/2010/11/24/self-clear-shipment-cbsa-avoid-ups-brokerage-fee/

My experience was from US retailer to Canada

good luck

Edited by JoseRizal

Curious of the earnest opinions of the recent price hikes from the long standing die hard fans out there. For what it's worth I see it as a move to protect ACRs ability to -accurately- proclaim their wares as artworks as much as they are outstanding products. Be very interested to hear how this has impacted the consumer opinion (Ive never been able to afford it myself to begin with).

Edited by the-intern

2 hours ago, the-intern said:

Curious of the earnest opinions of the recent price hikes from the long standing die hard fans out there. For what it's worth I see it as a move to protect ACRs ability to -accurately- proclaim their wares as artworks as much as they are outstanding products. Be very interested to hear how this has impacted the consumer opinion (Ive never been able to afford it myself to begin with).

According to Errolson (via instagram), prices have gone up because every aspect of manufacture has gotten more expensive. He has expressed dismay at this, going so far as to acknowledge that prices are indeed insane. I'm not in a position to judge, really—I just don't know enough about the economics of it. For what it's worth, Acronym refuses to move production to China, so that could be a serious factor. Veilance prices are certainly lower, but Veilance isn't quite as complicated as Acronym... and a lot of it is now made in China. People who have been paying attention will also notice that Veilance patterns have become less complicated over time.

It's depressing because Acronym's aesthetic lineage is deeply rooted in the counter-cultural... and yet, these days, it's mostly rich Chinese kids wearing it. It's doubly depressing because there really isn't anyone stepping up to fill the void, from a design perspective; I mean, there are certainly lots of knock-offs, brands trying to emulate the aesthetic... but how many are following the design process and taking time to think about problems in the way that Acronym does? Acronym has opened my eyes to a whole way of thinking through the design process—it is, in a very subtle way, didactic. That's good design. I'm just not seeing that from 99% of the technical clothing being produced today.

It definitely seems that he hands that fed for so long have been bitten, right off, at the elbow. 

I suspect we'll see alot more counterfeiting now too.

Shame as I don't think the audience has moved away, but now the wealthier hypekids can pay to get to the front of the queue, "if your name's not on the list, you're not coming in" the club can only accommodate a limited number of attendees now.

Surely they’ll chew this up and spit it out like other fads (I don’t see it having the longer term appeal of regular streetwear for a lot of people) and it’ll just be a load of highly priced stuff sitting on acrnm.com in a year or less...

Edited by RemarkableArmor

There has to be someone that knows someone who knows someone in that Czech factory. Use your resources sufu and get intel for us.  We can even crowdfund the fee for said verified intel.

or

Take E’s word.  What would he gain from lying? 

Coming from someone who owns more ACR than they should, it makes me appreciate the pieces I already own.  No need for a jacket with a green shoulder, a volt colorway, or high contrast patterns at x3 the cost. Yes, it seems like people are paying more to be seen in something, which never was the point for me. I liked @Timdots point, of I don't want to be noticed wearing it, or notice other people wearing it.

But, if one of these new things tickles me, then sure let me shell out for it, and buy less throughout the year. I don't think the point of ACR was to get a new shell every season. Sure, they're hiking prices to match the resellers market, you would too and if you say otherwise you're lying to yourself. 

Sure, it sucks for someone new to ACR, but if you're part of the old guard you could afford it then, you can afford it now, it'll just hurt a little more.

I already pointed out few stats about the czech factory/situation (no real inside man tho):

-we are at historic lowest unemployment rate, companies are spending money for hiring campaigns

-I kinda blame fucking supermarket chain that their insane salary hike is affecting small businesses. They are offering something like 1300usd/monthly for easy behind the counter, less stress job. Ads for seamstresses are around 930usd/monthly and the job can be really stressful, behind the counter noone is going to deduct money when your seam is not really straight on 90eur/meter fabric.

-Sumperk is relatively small town (27000 inhabitants), there is no school educating tailors/seamstresses there. However there are both Tilak and Acronym having factories there, how many people who can sew/pattern/seamseal can be found in such a small town in the middle of nowhere?

I can see how this situation creates a lack of employees which creates a lack of product and less product and similar bills to pay means you have to rise the price per unit. What I do not see (and I bet there is a reason for that), is why the ACRONYM production is not moved 80km to south to Prostejov, which was the town of sewing factories and probably even potential emplyees.

I myself talked to few seamstresses whom told me they are going to do insurance from home rather then sew, because money and stress.

Edited by danii