Acronym.

Westbrook

On 4/11/2018 at 5:00 PM, AvantSol said:

Yeah I'm about 5' 8" and finding that itis very dependent on material and style type. Generally I hear if they are 'normal' style trousers you go tts while baggier items is "size for length".

I have a pair of p10 DS in medium, they fit fine. They are just a little long on me but are good when I pull them up. While my ch pair fit perfectly length and  don't need to pull them too high. And I find the CH material to look a little slimmer. But then again there could be a bunch of factors; washing, seasonal alterations(if any) etc.

Now for 23s I have to get a small because they are way too long for me for a medium and look ridiculous when I rise them.

On 4/12/2018 at 8:35 AM, Yan90 said:

Im 5'10", 80-82 kg.  P10 fits ok only in S for this height. Thas why in L size they looks ugly (articulated knees are in the wrong position). P10 DS in medium looks bad, but in size S - perfect.

CH defenetly isnt looks slimmer than DS. Cuz of more dense material CH have more pronounced and "rigid" stacks.

On 4/12/2018 at 7:55 PM, lxkhor said:

This is weird. I am the same height and weight and Medium fits perfect for me in P10-DS. 

Do you guys have fit pics of your P10-DS's?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Kasper said:

I think the issue is that I don't think the market can bear those prices over the long-term. Maintaining this kind of brand desirability over the medium / long-term is extremely hard and you can only manage it by insuring you maintain a large number of brand supporters. I think the issue with the recent price hikes is that no one in their right mind can pay 1,200 EUR for pants so pieces tend to be bought more and more by rich assholes with fuck-you money who are buying it cause it's the cool thing of the moment and aren't likely to stay invested in the brand long-term. 

Agree that these prices aren't sustainable.  I have a feeling that FW 1819 is gonna be a good lineup, and if not, the disappointment will likely cause people not to cop which will lead to items sitting on the shelves like back in the day.

at this point, as much as i dont want to, i will likely only be able to afford 1 piece a season or more likely a year so at least i'm picking and choosing more wisely.  but still, $2k for paclite is blowing my mind. i bet a hardshell in FW 1819 will retail at like 2.5k usd 

6 minutes ago, segue said:

Agree that these prices aren't sustainable.  I have a feeling that FW 1819 is gonna be a good lineup, and if not, the disappointment will likely cause people not to cop which will lead to items sitting on the shelves like back in the day.

at this point, as much as i dont want to, i will likely only be able to afford 1 piece a season or more likely a year so at least i'm picking and choosing more wisely.  but still, $2k for paclite is blowing my mind. i bet a hardshell in FW 1819 will retail at like 2.5k usd 

2.5k usd is very close to the retail of the GT jacket for FW

13 minutes ago, drgitlin said:

I mean, fine, but a year or two of his gear being worn by no one but Russian oligarch offspring and it'll be as tainted as Edd Hardy. 

whenever i look at my trusty old SS-j2 i feel like acrnm is in that place already and i feel kinda sad.

it's pretty difficult to judge the Raf colour from their studio shots. I have a feeling that it's never really been that brown in any season. Not sure if it's every really changed. My pair from fw1213 is very green. I like the matching zip colour tho.

5 hours ago, Kasper said:

I think the issue is that I don't think the market can bear those prices over the long-term. Maintaining this kind of brand desirability over the medium / long-term is extremely hard and you can only manage it by insuring you maintain a large number of brand supporters. I think the issue with the recent price hikes is that no one in their right mind can pay 1,200 EUR for pants so pieces tend to be bought more and more by rich assholes with fuck-you money who are buying it cause it's the cool thing of the moment and aren't likely to stay invested in the brand long-term. . 

I think this is going to have an impact of the image of the brand. Up until about 1-2 years ago, whenever I saw someone in ACR (which didn't happen often), they always seemed to dressed so well and be people I could hang out with, but nowadays, it seems ACR has become one of key element of the princeling fucbois uniform along with Off-White and Vetements and I cringe most of the time I see people wearing it (I also live in fucbois central so they are very visible). These people have no taste and are only buying what's cool to show off and as they move on from streetwear, I am not sure you will see a new generation emerge willing to buy ACR. As a result, the coolness factor of the brand has gone down quite a bit for me and there are alternatives.

For me personally I think an unseen consequence of the price rises is Acronym isolating what it makes sense to wear their things with. Some wear it with brands vaguely on the same hype level like off whack, a cold piss and shitimints. Some wear it with brands that cost similar. But it's rare to see it with bits on the same design level, no matter how obscure, not just buying into the 'look'.
This as well as the customer base's preference for statement pieces. I don't want to recognize people wearing Acronym. I don't want people to recognize me wearing Acronym.

This drop:

Spoiler

2lLB8J8.jpg 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhoydcdHQ6X/?hl=en&taken-by=aitor_throup

Spoiler

cBRppxh.jpg 

5 hours ago, TooAwesome said:

Do you guys have fit pics of your P10-DS's?  Thanks!

The only pic I have isn't gonna be much help to you coz the angle is shit so...Sorry :( 

2 hours ago, Toilettebun said:

Some difference I've noticed within the new P10-S raf and the older one:

• New raf C/W is more noticeably olive rather than brown (questionable)
  • Olive ankle zippers instead of black

p10-s2.PNG OLD

p10-s.PNGNEW

just wanted to say that it very well could be the treatment and reproduction on these images, as opposed to using a different color textile. both are possible, but based on how cool the white tones are in the flyknit racer midsole vs the neutral to warm whites of the older flyknit, i'l going to hazard a guess to say the variation is due to color reproduction. 

Damn, y’all sound bitter like jilted lovers.

Me, I’m willing to give EH the benefit of the doubt concerning his desire to pay the workers, and if I don’t like the prices, I don’t have to buy anything. It’s just a pair of pants/jacket.

Consider yourself lucky if you’ve been around long enough to amass a collection before the pricepocylpse.  

Oh man, the product (portrait) photography is amazing again (especially on the J1A). Plasticity, contours, gradients; the lighting seems exceptional on that series. Philippe Koll is making those garments and people look good!

(is the glasses modelling and pouting satirical already?)

also i caught myself agreeing with the bored sentiment and then I started really examining the detail shots and it seems that small stuff is changing/‘evolving’, no?

but at these prices it seems like I’d want to touch the stuff before being able to judge how far i’d be able to justify the hike.