Acronym.

Westbrook

On 9/18/2017 at 12:20 PM, Dolphinski said:

I mean in all seriousness, the pricing is a completely moot point. It's never going back down, it's only going to go up every season. Whether it's the rising cost of materials, labour costs, transportation or just a drive for higher profits, absolutely no amount of debating or discussion is going to change that. With Acronym, it really is as simple as this: you're either in or you're out. And that's not even to say purely financially, as you can easily flip your purchase and get the money you spent back, it's a mindset... i am willing to pay whatever it costs to own this piece of clothing.

39 minutes ago, Dolphinski said:

You know we've all gone mad when Grailed suddenly seems reasonable.

All it takes is two seasons to change one's mind.

3 minutes ago, robbatussin said:

All it takes is two seasons to change one's mind.

I don't think this guy contradicted himself enough to justify you digging up his old posts.

unless you were trying to demonstrate something in a more broad sense

Heh, we're still buying. Let's think about this, if anyone was in Errolson's position, with a child, model gf, etc. would you charge less than what the market would bear? I'm not sure anyone would, Errolson, like the majority of folks is trying to live his best life—if we don't like it, we should vote with abstaining from voting with our wallets and let the stock sit. Otherwise, continue copping and support price creep and the advancement and development of Acronym.

i see no reason why acronym would have incentive NOT to raise prices. no other brand even comes close, awareness of resale market, inflation, fair worker compensation.. if he constructs it they will come. maybe if acr had a competitor it would incentivize competitive pricing, but there is no competition - he really is in a class of 1. considering this is his life's work and how much greater the demand is than the supply.. ya. i'd raise prices too.

Edited by nodre

4 minutes ago, Flipflop214 said:

I think everyone is just voicing out their frustration which is warranted if you believe the supply chain/manufacturing issues that raised the priced on everyone.  We cant vent? cmon 

Not just being contrarian, it's his living and it's our hobby, just trying to retain perspective.

5ad4e1c129dcf_ScreenShot2018-04-16at1_46_05PM.thumb.png.1388a19aafabe5929523b838ed7d2773.png

this thread really should change it's name to the whining and moaning ACR vent thread HEADS ONLY.. or just be like p2w and take our frustrations out on the culture.

He's made it clear whether through tweet replies or IG comments that cost of production continues to rise past what they're happy with. Coupled with his staunch adherence to the idea that manufacturing clothing shouldn't be evil towards its labor and you get these prices. 

57 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Heh, we're still buying. Let's think about this, if anyone was in Errolson's position, with a child, model gf, etc. would you charge less than what the market would bear? I'm not sure anyone would, Errolson, like the majority of folks is trying to live his best life—if we don't like it, we should vote with abstaining from voting with our wallets and let the stock sit. Otherwise, continue copping and support price creep and the advancement and development of Acronym.

I think the issue is that I don't think the market can bear those prices over the long-term. Maintaining this kind of brand desirability over the medium / long-term is extremely hard and you can only manage it by insuring you maintain a large number of brand supporters. I think the issue with the recent price hikes is that no one in their right mind can pay 1,200 EUR for pants so pieces tend to be bought more and more by rich assholes with fuck-you money who are buying it cause it's the cool thing of the moment and aren't likely to stay invested in the brand long-term. . 

I think this is going to have an impact of the image of the brand. Up until about 1-2 years ago, whenever I saw someone in ACR (which didn't happen often), they always seemed to dressed so well and be people I could hang out with, but nowadays, it seems ACR has become one of key element of the princeling fucbois uniform along with Off-White and Vetements and I cringe most of the time I see people wearing it (I also live in fucbois central so they are very visible). These people have no taste and are only buying what's cool to show off and as they move on from streetwear, I am not sure you will see a new generation emerge willing to buy ACR. As a result, the coolness factor of the brand has gone down quite a bit for me and there are alternatives.

Edited by Kasper

6 minutes ago, synapse said:

I don't think this guy contradicted himself enough to justify you digging up his old posts.

unless you were trying to demonstrate something in a more broad sense

Nothing personal to OP. It was a popular post and dozens of people on here rallied behind it. Been alive long enough to know that wouldn't be a popular sentiment for long so the post wasn't very far from reach. Calling the ears of the collective rather than OP.

Consider/discuss : If only there was innovation, Iove Acronym but consistently see the P10 / J1A show reruns rather that the new styles that divide opinion then galvanize it after people settle into the groove, remember that the CP1/CP2 happened years before the overground the J28 also but we've seen that trotted out on several occasions now too.

If a fair wage is in the debate then take preorders and stagger production based on demand, no one will complain and no arguments can be given and income will be constant and fund extra shifts at mill!

As far as competitors there are a handful, the sibling SISP, then you have Uber and vellance on the clean minimal front, Vollebak on the fabric innovation for active folk, Rick on the prgressive fashion avant garde, etc etc, seek and ye shall find aplenty, but I'm a little saddened that all is released is all but the new colour schemes and a paclite version of the alpha.

I have high hopes but wavering, never thought I'd say that

19 minutes ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

Consider/discuss : If only there was innovation, Iove Acronym but consistently see the P10 / J1A show reruns rather that the new styles that divide opinion then galvanize it after people settle into the groove, remember that the CP1/CP2 happened years before the overground the J28 also but we've seen that trotted out on several occasions now too.

If a fair wage is in the debate then take preorders and stagger production based on demand, no one will complain and no arguments can be given and income will be constant and fund extra shifts at mill!

As far as competitors there are a handful, the sibling SISP, then you have Uber and vellance on the clean minimal front, Vollebak on the fabric innovation for active folk, Rick on the prgressive fashion avant garde, etc etc, seek and ye shall find aplenty, but I'm a little saddened that all is released is all but the new colour schemes and a paclite version of the alpha.

I have high hopes but wavering, never thought I'd say that

100% with Tek.... inly new feature in the past serveral years was AuxZip? Which has been done before. I’m still mostly all in in the design, albeit would like to see more diversity: capes, blazers, etc, but would love more innovation.