Acronym.

Westbrook

20 minutes ago, hooper said:

dang. cant remember the last time "check your spam" has actually worked. thanks

For some reason when I order through acrnm.com my order confirmation will come to my inbox but the payment confirmation goes to my spam. Made me a bit nervous on my first couple orders that they'd be canceled until I figured it out.

21 minutes ago, wexler said:

For some reason when I order through acrnm.com my order confirmation will come to my inbox but the payment confirmation goes to my spam. Made me a bit nervous on my first couple orders that they'd be canceled until I figured it out.

Same thing happens to me. 

Also received a message from UPS today regarding my AVM order, "a missing commercial invoice is causing a delay"...

Improved CS?

Edited by wexler
Got it sorted out rather quickly so definitely improved.

41 minutes ago, sportello said:

But doesn't everything ship out of Czech Republic now? And I figured the AVM stuff was basically handled already.

I just received my shipping notice Wednesday for the AVMs that restocked last week.

Edited by wexler

This is a bit late to the party, but I recently picked up a J56-S to take some heat off my other daily-wears. After speaking with some other active users on here I wrote a review about my experience with it and other Acronym jackets in general.

I think purely in terms of form the J56 is a pinnacle of Stotz Acronym jackets. Aesthetically, it's perfect for what it tries to do and is hands down the best looking cotton jacket that I have ever put on. I love it.

However, functionally, I think the pocket array is underwhelming and a novelty at best. The chest pockets, which we can all agree are a brand fingerprint, are extraordinarily difficult to get in and out of to the point where I don't see myself using them for anything other than non-essential storage. They are also obnoxiously dustbin-like in their propensity to catch food crumbs and other bits of debris. I don't look forward to cleaning them out. The hand pockets, which I have always considered to be a weakness in brand design, are also underwhelming in user experience. As usual, I find myself feeling like I would have liked to see something special there other than waterproof zips.

As a daily-wear jacket I can't ignore a comparison to my pre-KG era J28-E. It's an older model but it checks out.

Acronym clothing is a funny thing in that one can look at the photos and surmise how things might feel and perform, but there's never a substitute for actually wearing it. What I mean by that is that the J28 has, in my opinion, to be a rather crude-looking and novelty-esque aesthetic at face value. A sarcastic feeling of, "cool pockets bro," very much comes to mind.

However, when actually putting it on we can see how abundantly practical the compartments are. The larger mezzanine pocket is absolutely perfect for a cell phone or other slim electronics, the smaller one being great for items like keys, lip-balm, or what-have-yous. There is also the secondary larger pocket which I use as storage for all sorts of other miscellaneous practical items like cables, folded papers, and other materials. Then of course, and this is the most important part and where the J56 falls completely flat, is that their placement is in such a way that we do not have to contort our body in any way to get in and out of these. They are effortless in their design and user experience. In my humble opinion it is the perfect array.

I really like the J56, but the J28 will always have a special place in my heart even with all it's holes, rips, and repairs. It is sun-faded to the point of being brown-looking, and the cut of the jacket is pretty boxy and outdated for all intents and purposes, but I'll wear it until it falls off my shoulders into a pile of lint and stitching. I don't like it just because I think it looks cool. I like it because it performs well every single time I put it on.

The J28, for me, is the apex of functional design and daily-wear experience and I will be very sad the day that I put it to rest. A Stotz version, even with the J56 in my arsenal, would be a very tempting purchase if Errolson were to ever release one. I am forever spoiled by its near perfection.

Edited by nesherman
Grammerz

4 hours ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Those 56 hand pockets make no sense to me...just the way your hands have to go over the serrated zip :-/

I frequently use the side entry on the 56 pockets to store gloves for easy access since you don't have to zip/unzip.

@nesherman I share the same sentiments. The look/fit on the 56 is easily one of my favorites, but the pocket configuration is pretty awkward. Especially compared to the compartmentalization and ease of use on the 28's mezzanines. Maybe it's my ocd tendencies coming through, but I find it pretty satisfying being able to keep my items organized/separated. Thanks for the write up.

12 hours ago, Voyager said:

Try wearing P26! Same deal except more brutal zips.

Ha yeah - I’ve got a pair and just resigned  myself to leaving those closed from day one. I’m sure they’d be great in some kind of fetish dungeon for people that way inclined though. Always a bit bad that workarounds are needed to wear such premium gear properly if you ask me but ...

AVM personal review:

i got us 8.5 blk volt and go exactly my normal Nike size. Being totally walking around 70km so far without any running.

1 design: i use as my daily and office shoes. It balanced well as a low key shoe with non seethrough sole. Though I’m not a big fan of the splash spots but no big issues. Like the boss mentioned it’s mainly a painting work and as a user who loves acr designs heritage including the the logos, words etc, it works.

2 sizing: could be tricky. With laceless design the Flyknit seems like sturdier than my Flyknit trainer, that’s also makes this shoe super fit, in mean of width (so I would assume you be happy go half size up, but in long term usage I’m not sure things get loose or so)

3 walking (or running or standing):  I wear it walking around 8km per day, gonna say it’s not a very comfy one. The main issue is the sole in the heel area spilt in a slightly weird way, so with normal walking you kind need use the calf strenth to hold the balance.  Ain’t doing any run with it, but for standing like 30 minutes also makes your feeling no good. 

The feedback is slightly slower than I expected, weight as 71kg, the air do reacts in some dynamic way lol. But that would not my main concern as it’s my non running shoes.

4 fit, durability etc:

so far I only wear it with p10a and p24a, obviously p10 do better but it’s way subjective. With some shorts sounds lovely too so worh trying.

for durability it seems like a random shit so let’s see what’s going on.

In sum, a “okey shoe” by many ways, if you pay retail above I don’t think it’s a super great choice. But if you really really keen to feel some VaporMax, with acr better, it’s a good start, just like me do.

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

1 hour ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

3 walking (or running or standing):  I wear it walking around 8km per day, gonna say it’s not a very comfy one. The main issue is the sole in the heel area spilt in a slightly weird way, so with normal walking you kind need use the calf strenth to hold the balance.  Ain’t doing any run with it, but for standing like 30 minutes also makes your feeling no good. 

Nike at it again lol, IDK about other countries but they had a massive ad campaign pushing vapormaxes as a womens running shoe i think last year here in Sydney, funny how that worked out

23 hours ago, nesherman said:

The J28, for me, is the apex of functional design and daily-wear experience and I will be very sad the day that I put it to rest. A Stotz version, even with the J56 in my arsenal, would be a very tempting purchase if Errolson were to ever release one. I am forever spoiled by its near perfection.

every since i let my j43a go, something has been missing. i've been contemplating filling the void, i'm wondering if anyone could lend insight between the j47a (ws or gt) vs J28-gt. it seems like the 47a doesn't often make it into the conversation because of the ridiculous price and lack of availability. 

i really want a gore shell, but the 47a-ws might have to do just because of the price vs the gt. also i've been extremely pleased with my 58-ws as a stand alone garment in wet conditions. 

33 minutes ago, Micx said:

Im about to pull the trigger on my first Acronym jacket piece. In Veilance im a L. What should I go for in Acronym? L as well? 

Would be hell to buy wrong size :o

I guess now is as good a time as any to review sizing advice on Acronym pieces (especially seeing as how the next drop must be soon-ish).

How does one make sense of the measurements on the website? For example, what use are those shoulder measurements?

How does one size pants? I've heard that one should size for length, but is this always true?

https://acrnm.com/sizing

14 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

How does one size pants? I've heard that one should size for length, but is this always true?

It's not always true, but since sizing is S, M, L each will cover a range of waist sizes, therefore waist isn't as much a constraint.  Sizing for length is definitely advisable when you see waist measurements that seem to make no sense, e.g. P23TS-S had some wild waist measurement of 50+cm across...obviously too large by any normal means, so this should clue you in that these pants are intentionally wide and require significant belting at the waist.  For these types of pants, look at the length more than anything since the waist is intentionally large at any size.

Yeah I'm about 5' 8" and finding that itis very dependent on material and style type. Generally I hear if they are 'normal' style trousers you go tts while baggier items is "size for length".

I have a pair of p10 DS in medium, they fit fine. They are just a little long on me but are good when I pull them up. While my ch pair fit perfectly length and  don't need to pull them too high. And I find the CH material to look a little slimmer. But then again there could be a bunch of factors; washing, seasonal alterations(if any) etc.

Now for 23s I have to get a small because they are way too long for me for a medium and look ridiculous when I rise them.

Edited by AvantSol

1 hour ago, AvantSol said:

Yeah I'm about 5' 8" and finding that itis very dependent on material and style type. Generally I hear if they are 'normal' style trousers you go tts while baggier items is "size for length".

I agree with AvantSol. I have three different pairs of p23 in different sizes and materials. p23-s (S) looks good, but they are not very convenient (tensed in calves), p23ts-ch (XL) are long enough and wide. p23a-ds (L) are perfect. 
Also I had p10ts-ds (L) and they were long. Stretched knees below the knees looked particularly ugly. Surprisingly, but the same size in p10a-s (L) looks good.

PS I'm 5'11"

p23.jpg

1 hour ago, Z-11 said:

I agree with AvantSol. I have three different pairs of p23 in different sizes and materials. p23-s (S) looks good, but they are not very convenient (tensed in calves), p23ts-ch (XL) are long enough and wide. p23a-ds (L) are perfect. 
Also I had p10ts-ds (L) and they were long. Stretched knees below the knees looked particularly ugly. Surprisingly, but the same size in p10a-s (L) looks good.

PS I'm 5'11"

p23.jpg

I’m surprised that all the fits look fine no matter the size. 

11 hours ago, Z-11 said:

PS I'm 5'11"

p23.jpg

All looks really good, but L is sick! Im a few cm taller than you, so I guess L is my size if I were to buy p23.

Im 5'10", 80-82 kg.  P10 fits ok only in S for this height. Thas why in L size they looks ugly (articulated knees are in the wrong position). P10 DS in medium looks bad, but in size S - perfect.

CH defenetly isnt looks slimmer than DS. Cuz of more dense material CH have more pronounced and "rigid" stacks.

11 hours ago, Yan90 said:

Im 5'10", 80-82 kg.  P10 fits ok only in S for this height. Thas why in L size they looks ugly (articulated knees are in the wrong position). P10 DS in medium looks bad, but in size S - perfect.

CH defenetly isnt looks slimmer than DS. Cuz of more dense material CH have more pronounced and "rigid" stacks.

This is weird. I am the same height and weight and Medium fits perfect for me in P10-DS. 

3 hours ago, lxkhor said:

This is weird. I am the same height and weight and Medium fits perfect for me in P10-DS. 

All about your inseam length instead of actual height IMO. It better determines where the hem on cropped pants or articulation on the knees will hit. I'm 5' 10" but have shorter legs. Size small P23-S below: 

IMG_8833.JPG

Edited by wexler