Acronym.

Westbrook

51 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

I have to add... I'm not sure I agreed with improved customer service. I picked up a pair of the VM's on Monday, and just received the shipping confirmation, 4 days later.

From my side I meant responses to emails which previously would have fallen into a black hole. There was a period of about a year where I literally couldn’t get anything whatsoever out of them but recently I have a 100% success rate. Shipping times have always seemed a little ad hoc and my vapormaxes are in the same position as yours! 

5 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

From my side I meant responses to emails which previously would have fallen into a black hole. There was a period of about a year where I literally couldn’t get anything whatsoever out of them but recently I have a 100% success rate. Shipping times have always seemed a little ad hoc and my vapormaxes are in the same position as yours! 

Very true. I'm not too fussed about the slow postage - good things take time - but radio silence gets me bent out of shape.

1 hour ago, lopiteaux said:

Very true. I'm not too fussed about the slow postage - good things take time - but radio silence gets me bent out of shape.

I never heard back from them but it seems like they read my emails as my shoes are no longer destined for Africa.

just be grateful. erlsn works his ass off, jm worked his ass off to get to where he is, we work our asses off to afford these wonderful garments.. misery loves company and it seems like sometimes that's what this thread turns into. 

it's important to get over these tiny problems with the culture surrounding super desireable and luxurious things and be grateful you even have the privilege to be this comfy.

just beacuse you are saving up, fantasizing, or trying to learn does not mean there is no high road. work hard stay focused, don't bring others down with you.

this thread gets really pathetic at times, but i know most of us here are above that.

anyways

19 hours ago, wexler said:

Agreed, same with the LF100. They sold out quickly but can still be had for retail or less. Similar with the the bags that dropped last November. 

having trouble finding lf100 for "retail or less" .. at least in a 10.5

Edited by nodre

Regarding pricing...

It’s hard to believe ACR is concerned about reselling.... if that were really the case there are ways, albeit extreme, to ensure they go to actual users. But production costs are going up in every category, not just techwear. Every production department operates on margins, prices are not arbitrary. Sure larger companies will round to an even number, but margins are why the J53ts is priced at 1,887.00 EUR and not 1900. The price of GoreTex has gone up a lot of the past several years, so has leasing factories, wages, travel, etc. Errolson isn’t backed by a financial conglomerate to bankroll all his expenses. He has to pay for all the aforementioned as well as any R&D. While I’m sure he is doing fine financially, his business model is not the typical blueprint so I’m sure he’s still figuring things out. Ya, it sucks that I can no longer look over each piece every drop and decide on a couple, but it is what it is. Good things come to an end, and I don’t really see a “correction” back to old days of 15 3rdArm items sitting on the webshop for 2 years. In the meantime, I’ll keep checking the usual outlets for the J28-e, DS-J5, E-j21, and on and on...

2 hours ago, nodre said:

Yeah size is def a factor. I guess I should have said "around retail". I'm 11-11.5 and have seen quite a few pairs available for $200-225.

I was moreso implying that they got snatched up to resell with people probably figuring it was a gold mine when looking at what some folks were paying for prestos and the LF1s. That hasn't seemed to happened, but I suppose could change in the future. Same with the AVM.

1 hour ago, meccaNIZM said:

Every production department operates on margins, prices are not arbitrary. Sure larger companies will round to an even number, but margins are why the J53ts is priced at 1,887.00 EUR and not 1900. The price of GoreTex has gone up a lot of the past several years, so has leasing factories.

I always figured they were at odd numbers like that because of the included tax. For example if you remove VAT the price is ~1500€. I mean my expenses go up every year (rent, food, insurance, etc...) so it's no surprise that product costs increase. One of the few things that seems to stagnant is wages. Good on them for paying better wages to their workers with the rise in popularity unlike many businesses.

Edited by wexler

2 hours ago, nodre said:

just be grateful. erlsn works his ass off, jm worked his ass off to get to where he is, we work our asses off to afford these wonderful garments.. misery loves company and it seems like sometimes that's what this thread turns into. 

it's important to get over these tiny problems with the culture surrounding super desireable and luxurious things and be grateful you even have the priviliege to be this comfy.

just beacuse you are saving up, fantasizing, or trying to learn does not mean there is no high road. work hard stay focused, don't bring others down with you.

this thread gets really pathetic at times, but i know most of us here are above that.

Man, this is so good. Such wise words, and such a good vibe. Thanks for reminding us.

8 hours ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

I think that the whole marketing campaign was/is out there and there was very little change in the shoe other the 'disruptive' pattern so perhaps that disruption resonates through the whole campaign "Errolson in Mayerland" juxtaposition, or perhaps they were just having a good old Steffi Graf and I'm overthinking and spouting bs?

Anyway it worked, I was not fond of the shoe until I saw the pattern than it appealed more, shame I can't get hold of a pair, really liked the khaki /red too.

You should be fine. They are doing a bigger release of the volt and khaki colours in the coming months. You should be able to get a pair then

2 hours ago, wexler said:

Yeah size is def a factor. I guess I should have said "around retail". I'm 11-11.5 and have seen quite a few pairs available for $200-225.

I was moreso implying that they got snatched up to resell with people probably figuring it was a gold mine when looking at what some folks were paying for prestos and the LF1s. That hasn't seemed to happened, but I suppose could change in the future. Same with the AVM.

I could not agree with this post more, I'm not sure about other shoe sizes, but I am the same (11-11.5) and I've always bought my acr x nike for retail or far less. I purchased my downtowns for 140 on ebay when they first hit the market, also got my crimson lf1s for 190 off ebay in 2015 right after they released, and after lots of time and digging, I finally just got the black suede lf1s from someone off ebay for 190, literally yesterday:) IMO, buying ACR in general is all about learning what the brand has to offer from a functionality and visual perspective, then you figure out what pieces you want, wether that be a jacket, pants, bag, shoes, etc. and then you just need to be patient. Patience has always brought me steal prices and I believe it is patience that will allow me to build the ACR closet I one day hope to have :) and also, Grailed is a distraction and anyone on here should know that Grailed is not the place to be selling or purchasing ACR, ever. Grailed is a HYPEBEAST COMMUNITY... mostly, I know we all go on there and 3rd party watch and look obviously, but fuck that app and fuck those 3rd party fees and them taking our money. I will never will mix the sufu sales thread and grailed thread in my brain, they are 100% different audiences. and as i said up there^^^ I buy through ebay, patience, or sufu friends and family <3 <3 <3

2 hours ago, nodre said:

it's important to get over these tiny problems with the culture surrounding super desireable and luxurious things and be grateful you even have the priviliege to be this comfy.

anyways

Love each other... shoot for the stars... All that is fine. I'm most happy that sufu peeps are finally coming to terms that pricing is a real component of the design process and are willing to discuss the implications here. Adds another variable for critique that I think this thread has overlooked before, but finds itself having to address now.

18 minutes ago, suprastar said:

I seem to be always like an hour or so too slow for these re-stocks...

let me know if anyone sees a US8 in any colourway..

I've been stalking the restocks too. Of course they end up dropping when I'm driving to the states to get some gas :(

If I see any size come back, i'll definitely post here. So far, there's been no change in the past 30 minutes. I plan to hit refresh for at least an hour, just to be safe :P

Actually, I'm surprised people aren't copping the smaller sizes. Hopefully this is a sign of resellers staying away!

43 minutes ago, CSK said:

AHhhhhhh thank you for that link CSK! Finally copped in my size!! That said, i'm pretty sure these are US sizes? I saw a size 13 earlier... can anyone confirm it's US and not UK? otherwise, I"m gonna have some roomy kicks! :P 

Edited by analog29

14 minutes ago, outbrk said:

isn't it fake? no micro-grid backing

Don't think so, product shot from Bodega below. Pretty sure older models didn't have the actual "grid" pattern even though they have the backing layer.

IMG_8468.PNG

Edited by wexler

narrow and deep baby.. there's a joke in there somewhere.. 

but seriously i was just having the conversation about resistance to change and accepting a new point of reference.. 

john is such a phenomenal communicator it's so satisfying.. you can see it on everyone's face. and the interplay of cross culture pollination in this global economy of things is super new and exciting. "domestic" policy issues become global issues simultaneously. some people get it, other's catch up.. yet you still reserve the right to disagree.

i have to say.. despite all the stress and bs that has come with this internet age of things.. it excites the hell out of me. that's probably why we all keep scrolling.