Acronym.

Westbrook

3 hours ago, akuma no uta said:

Nike release took 10 mins for normal sizes to sell out, other colors will just be as easy to get when the wide releases happen. 

I tried adding size 11.5 to my cart the second after they dropped (4 am for Canadians on the east coast) and couldn't get em. Maybe the level of traffic fucked with their queue system because it would disconnect me after a few minutes.

57 minutes ago, hooper said:

I tried adding size 11.5 to my cart the second after they dropped (4 am for Canadians on the east coast) and couldn't get em. Maybe the level of traffic fucked with their queue system because it would disconnect me after a few minutes.

Strange, was 1pm EST here in the USA. A lot of sizes were available for a few hours on the SNKRS app

5 minutes ago, akuma no uta said:

Strange, was 1pm EST here in the USA. A lot of sizes were available for a few hours on the SNKRS app

I don't think that means you can cart. I know quite a few people who couldn't get a pair. I was trying on EU release and it was the same. 

9 minutes ago, lxkhor said:

I don't think that means you can cart. I know quite a few people who couldn't get a pair. I was trying on EU release and it was the same. 

I got my pair at 1:05 and my girlfriends pair at 1:45. They just didn’t sell out as fast. 

And reminder: don’t pay reseller prices, ever.  Hopefully this will slow down all the ACR hype and disgusting scumbags will leave it alone. 

14 minutes ago, akuma no uta said:

Sizes being available on the page and actually being able to buy them are two very different things when it comes to Nike.

3 hours ago, hooper said:

Had something similar happen on the snkrs app. I finished the purchase process almost immediately after they went live, got the notification that I was in the line, and then nothing. It seemed that my order was blanked out of the system. 

No longer the reserve of the underground, outliers and the left field, mainstreaming is the name of the game.

Said it before and will say it again, the fashion interest will fade and the old userbase that supported for so, so long will hopefully remain if not priced out already. 

8 minutes ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

No longer the reserve of the underground, outliers and the left field, mainstreaming is the name of the game.

Said it before and will say it again, the fashion interest will fade and the old userbase that supported for so, so long will hopefully remain if not priced out already. 

I'd like to agree, and I kinda do, but in the end it's all down to E & Co. It's clear that each subsequent campaign (specifically, the Nike collaborations) are more and more mainstream. I remember walking up my road during the release of the release of the LF1 and there was an endless line of Errolson's staring me down. The Vapor campaign seems to have ten fold the airtime.

I’d argue the shoes are aspirational items, for those that can’t afford the mainline. All of ACG for that matter.

You’re right on customer retention being up to ACRNM. The lack of classic cut pants like P9/P24’s leaves me on the outside. I simply cannot show up in some cosplay harem pants, even if I wanted to.

Thing is that there is a clear delineation between ACG & Acronym x Nike, it's a strange one when you have the 'same' design agency producing 2 line for the same 3rd party, kind of schizoid! I like it but get the aspirational thing too, kind of ironic that that the prices are jacked up on the reseller market that further perpetuate the 'aspiration'.

I'd really like to know if it give the bean counters at Nike a thrill to know they couldn't pay for that kind of marketing!

20 minutes ago, Cornuto said:

Isn’t the opposite true as well? There is no way ACRNM could have afforded the worldwide exposure Nike has provided.

I would bet the Nike$$ is more than mainline income.

Yes, which is why I'm amazed that the price hike on ACR is how it has been in the last few years, as one would have thought that with the subsidy, would have allowed for greater production and mitigation of price hike, rather than the 'guaranteed' sales they now have as some will testify here that items used to sit for weeks, nay months before, now you have second to buy if you are lucky.

I always got the impression that they operated outside the usual business model but fear now that because of how they operate, they items are falling into the hands of investors and scalpers rather than aficionados?

This is only speculation of course but makes for interesting discussion.

It would be all good if the prices could go back down to what they were in the future. But they won't...

All I can do now is buying those fancy nikes (if I am lucky enough to buy some for retail)