Acronym.

Westbrook

There is nothing innovative about any of the shoes gently remixed by acrnm, I’d be surprised if they’d received attention if anyone else has designed them, what would be innovative is if a whole new sillouhette was designed.

i can live in hope, but that dwindled some time ago, when acrnm was adopted as fashion by the hypebeast depeche mode crew.

I have quite wide mutant feet and I do not have to tighten laces anywhere, I can easily wear them without laces and they hold in a same way. On the other hand opening the zip makes it very hard to close it again.

1 hour ago, danii said:

On the other hand opening the zip makes it very hard to close it again.

Pretty much impossible to zip up with one hand, at least for me. I've always had to use two hands when zipping up. One to hold the bottom tab and one to zip.

8 minutes ago, wexler said:

Pretty much impossible to zip up with one hand, at least for me. I've always had to use two hands when zipping up. One to hold the bottom tab and one to zip.

I never fully unzip my lf1s, usually zip themn down like 60% of the way, slide my feet and in zip them all the way back up. The hard part is unzipping them with one hand, i've never been able to do it properly

1 hour ago, danii said:

I have quite wide mutant feet and I do not have to tighten laces anywhere, I can easily wear them without laces and they hold in a same way. On the other hand opening the zip makes it very hard to close it again.

Always been jealous of people such as yourself...very few shoes look good throttled to death so it’s a great advantage!

16 hours ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

There is nothing innovative about any of the shoes gently remixed by acrnm, I’d be surprised if they’d received attention if anyone else has designed them, what would be innovative is if a whole new sillouhette was designed.

i can live in hope, but that dwindled some time ago, when acrnm was adopted as fashion by the hypebeast depeche mode crew.

i don’t consider the downtowns a gentle remix. do you?

7 hours ago, danii said:

GOOD FOR LOOKS ◒ BAD FOR HEALTH.  you should have seen blisters from my first day wearing LF1-100. Impossible to buy most slip-on shoes, others hurt after while.

this surprises me. where did you get blisters? every contact point is a soft smooth surface in my experience.

21 minutes ago, nodre said:

i don’t consider the downtowns a gentle remix. do you?

this surprises me. where did you get blisters? every contact point is a soft smooth surface in my experience.

Doesn’t matter how smooth the surface if it’s not contoured to fit your (or in this case Dani’s Hank McCoy-esque) feet. 

10 hours ago, danii said:

8 hours ago, danii said:

GOOD FOR LOOKS ◒ BAD FOR HEALTH.  you should have seen blisters from my first day wearing LF1-100. Impossible to buy most slip-on shoes, others hurt after while.

Base on your description of how you wear them, I would say you are wearing them like a slip on. 

On 2/28/2018 at 8:33 PM, jeddyhsu said:

What about them? These prestos are a mockup of a rumor saying E's dropping two new presto colorways.

It's three colorways, just like the 2016 drop.

I too have the same ankle issue with the all white lf1s, but I dont remember having that issue with my old ones. The good news is that I think i've broken them in enough (or am just immune) so i dont have to wear thick socks with them anymore. It also might just be different pair to pair, my right ankle has been fine and left got chewed up.

What could help on the ankle issue is put another insole in them so you rise it. My ankles were rubbed only because I removed the original insole so I can survive journey home with the heel blisters. After my heels were healed I used shoe stretching spray and thick socks and wore them in our place for a day (sprayed them like every half hour) and last time I wore them for the whole day I was fine.

2 hours ago, danii said:

What could help on the ankle issue is put another insole in them so you rise it. My ankles were rubbed only because I removed the original insole so I can survive journey home with the heel blisters. After my heels were healed I used shoe stretching spray and thick socks and wore them in our place for a day (sprayed them like every half hour) and last time I wore them for the whole day I was fine.

I personally stayed tts instead of sizing down with the LF1s and have zero issues with any ankle rubbing, maybe that's the secret? i've also never enjoyed my shoes being "tts", i've always typically half sized up so that they have extra space and are extra comfy, including Footscapes.

1 hour ago, mariahscarry said:

I personally stayed tts instead of sizing down with the LF1s and have zero issues with any ankle rubbing, maybe that's the secret? i've also never enjoyed my shoes being "tts", i've always typically half sized up so that they have extra space and are extra comfy, including Footscapes.

your true size is whatever is most comfortable. sounds like you've sized down a half on the LF1s as recommended. all shoes should have empty space between your big toe and the very front of the toe box. typically half an inch to an inch. you'll want a full inch with sneakers, as walking/running cause the feet to swell in size.

Edited by hooper

Does anyone have any observations on the longevity of the DS Acronym uses? I've got a pair of P10TS-DS that are showing worrisome pilling. Pardon the creative description, but it's kind of on the area of your ass that flattens when you flex your glutes.

I've got some Outlier pants that are also dryskin, but those don't wear at all in this way. On the other hand, they feel much more... synthetic.

14 hours ago, eidolarr said:

Does anyone have any observations on the longevity of the DS Acronym uses? I've got a pair of P10TS-DS that are showing worrisome pilling. Pardon the creative description, but it's kind of on the area of your ass that flattens when you flex your glutes.

I've got some Outlier pants that are also dryskin, but those don't wear at all in this way. On the other hand, they feel much more... synthetic.

They have used different iterations over the years, and I think the answer is "it varies."  My DS-LA3 pills near the rear bottom hem, and is more like loose threads than fuzz balls. My DS-HD2 also had minor pilling under the armpits and at the sleeve hems, but it looked more like lint than threads.  Both of these were easily removed with a pretty cheap depiller, and I did not notice any negative impacts to durability/function.  However, while the HD2 showed no visible signs I had removed some pilling, my LA3 has some tell tale signs.  My DS-KA3, which I think was the same iteration as the LA3, doesn't have any pilling, though I have worn it less frequently.  I wore my S8-DS and S15-DS even less frequently, and obviously also did not have any pilling (these two shirts did seem to have the thinnest version of DS).  

My LA6-DS, P23A-DS, and P24A-DS have been worn extensively, but have not shown any signs of any pilling yet.  When I had my P10TS-DS, I thought they were pretty similar if not the same version of DS as the 23 and 24 so I am a little surprised you're having an issue.  The tighter cut of the P10s might be contributing, or you might just be wearing them more frequently/rigorously.  Agreed on Outliers, I have some for office pants and it's definitely a tougher face fabric.  But that comes with increased swishing while walking and as you mentioned, a more synthetic look and feel.

TLDR: I would just take a depiller to them.  Unless you're noticing a significant thinning of the fabric in the rear seat, I wouldn't worry about it.