Acronym.

Westbrook

4 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

thank you. doesn't damage the ds fabric at all or leave any noticeable markings afterwards?

Nah, no markings. However, i think with enough wear the DS fabric will just start to develop holes. You could argue that shaving may slightly accelerate the process (since you are removing small pieces of fabric), but this route is preferable to me than to have the pills/pulling unchecked.

I don't know guys, this looks like something from army shop and it is nearly two times more expensive that it used to be when I bought my silver xpac. I sold it later because I found it too expensive for what it is...

3 minutes ago, lesteel said:

I don't know guys, this looks like something from army shop and it is nearly two times more expensive that it used to be when I bought my silver xpac. I sold it later because I found it too expensive for what it is...

Agree, I'm not really feeling the material... especially not at £1k a pop.

Man...I see people hatin in this thread. The game has always been like this to E when he's just out here tryna eat. Real SuFu OG's and AcronymHeads see this time and time again. E is just out here trying to be on his hustle making the freshest garmz and jawnz. If brokebois cant cop up on the new fresh jawnz they're always going to be out here hatin. Regardless, I don't mind thrown down 2 racks on a grail like the ACRNM 3a-1 olive XPAC. Stay mad brokebois and haters.

Glad I got my laminate 3ts back in the summer of 2016. Think it cost me 450 with shipping straight from the source. Been wearing it pretty much every day since with virtually no signs of wear. 

Edited by brainerd666
Clarification. Also- chunglove eats his own poops on the daily:)

57 minutes ago, edwardk said:

E is just out here trying to be on his hustle making the freshest garmz and jawnz.

"Fresh" here means a bag that was released in different colour in 2013 for literally half the price? A bag that's undergone minimal design changes since it was first released in 2001? A bag that every "brokeboi" on Instagram has been wearing for, what, five years now?

Don't get me wrong—I like the 3a-1, and I like Errolson, and I hope he's finally making the sort of money he deserves. But this shit isn't "fresh."

I do look forward to greater innovation in both bags and apparell rather than just a color change. I do think that in the past seasons, the ACG line is much bolder and exciting in the way it tries to reinvent itself with each release. The KMTR sneakers is a perfect example, a completely new way to wear shoes for me.

I was in Eliminator store in Tokyo last night, and they have a new collaboration with bagjack where they added their own details in their small messenger (around the size of the 8TS?), while not so radical because it really is just customization, these are details I really like. Magnetic clips, webbing, reinforced handle, laminate material (same as the acr laminate according to the sales person), external pouch that can be be velcro on the inside or attached onto the webbing, interior and strapping system is pretty much identical to the acr bags. Its pretty dope to me. I really hope there are more surprises in the next acr drop!

IMG_2701.thumb.JPG.7d96bbd52c4d5d3f95cb934608613ba8.JPG

8 minutes ago, skycrawler said:

I do look forward to greater innovation in both bags and apparell rather than just a color change. I do think that in the past seasons, the ACG line is much bolder and exciting in the way it tries to reinvent itself with each release. The KMTR sneakers is a perfect example, a completely new way to wear shoes for me.

I was in Eliminator store in Tokyo last night, and they have a new collaboration with bagjack where they added their own details in their small messenger (around the size of the 8TS?), while not so radical because it really is just customization, these are details I really like. Magnetic clips, webbing, reinforced handle, laminate material (same as the acr laminate according to the sales person), external pouch that can be be velcro on the inside or attached onto the webbing, interior and strapping system is pretty much identical to the acr bags. Its pretty dope to me. I really hope there are more surprises in the next acr drop!

IMG_2701.thumb.JPG.7d96bbd52c4d5d3f95cb934608613ba8.JPG

That’s the interesting thing: Acronym is at least 4 or 5 years behind a few other brands in terms of tech. Arc’teryx’s mainline shells are actually way more advanced, and Bagjack’s bags have a larger feature set (at a lower price). Unless you’re really after the branding, or the hype, or the look... it’s sort of hard to justify.

1 hour ago, hooper said:

I've greatly appreciated the quiet releases/re-stocks as of recent. It definitely feels like they are making conscious effort to make new items more easily available to obsessed fans like some of us. :~)

I feel the same man, and have to say it's greatly appreciated. It's euphoric being able to browse and actually make a decision rather than falling over your shit trying to bag something before the bots scoop it all.

Also really happy that it's not going directly to Grailed!!!

2 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

"Fresh" here means a bag that was released in different colour in 2013 for literally half the price? A bag that's undergone minimal design changes since it was first released in 2001? A bag that every "brokeboi" on Instagram has been wearing for, what, five years now?

Don't get me wrong—I like the 3a-1, and I like Errolson, and I hope he's finally making the sort of money he deserves. But this shit isn't "fresh."

I ain’t even mad at the bags... but the “mods” ?...?....? I mean looking back at the OG 3rd Arm selection compared to the these 1 zip pouches.

I thought these bags would be more of a crowd pleaser. People seem to always be looking for xpac bags, and I've seen a few posts of people looking for the old ykk zips specifically. I am really into the color, personally. Picked a 3a-1 up without really thinking about it for more than a second since I expected them to sell out quickly.

4 hours ago, meccaNIZM said:

I ain’t even mad at the bags... but the “mods” ?...?....? I mean looking back at the OG 3rd Arm selection compared to the these 1 zip pouches.

Agree on the mods. The old ones were so fun. having a dedicated pen mod always seemed really funny to me. The little usb stick one?! I was just kind of looking in at acronym from afar at that point because I never had any money, but it seemed like you could have so much fun geeking out on your setup with all of those. 

13 hours ago, AvantSol said:

@junkie_dolphin advanced? I am curious to know how and in what ways Arcteryx is more advance than Acronym when it comes to their shells. 

My guess is hes talking about, materials (N100p-X 3L GORE-TEX Pro even though it would be overkill for everyday urban use), colors (not just black and olive since goretex makes supplies their fabrics in plenty of colors), sewing construction (arcteryx constructs their hardshells by sewing the goretex on the inside and then laminating the seams rather than exposing the sewing/threads on top and leaving the threads exposed on the outer garment), and new models of pieces.

My guess is E is coming with slight variations of his older items to provide his product to new emerging buyers from his breakout of niche fandom to more of a wider audience with ACG albeit at a higher price.  I do wish that he didn't jack up prices but just produced more product because they were expensive to begin with :T