Acronym.

Westbrook

Pocket layout, collar patterning, hood deployment system, forcelock+logotape, interops, extra main laminated zip system etc... Those are all features

Obvs extra features = additional design/production time = $$$$$

Not to be dismissed so easily. Yes theyre both trashbag WS material but we're carelessly overlooking these other important design elements that come into play

Guys, don't let this restock distract you from the fact that Errolson was in a Porsche ad.

Clearly, all new Acronym products now carry the "VIP Luxury Fee"... their older products lacked that badge, hence why even the classically more expensive Gore-Tex variants were bargains compared to these new Acronym "Ballers-only" pieces. 

It was only a matter of time before I gave in. 2018 is the year I turn into an amputee, maybe single kidney too.

lmao dont be dumb. if the j47a-gt were to drop this season itll be much more $$$ than 3 years ago.  prices raise every season not to mention all the other positive business moves theyve made between that time. you lot are smart ill let you figure it out :P

Maybe the whole new manufacturing setup has something to do with it too?

And did those claiming it was „the same J47A“ check its ‚seam construction‘?

(I‘d probably charge more too if i had to sew the same pattern with thinner material ;-))

4 hours ago, dranoelsy said:

prices raise every season not to mention all the other positive business moves theyve made between that time. you lot are smart ill let you figure it out :P

I’d laugh if they moved manufacturing to China, thus negating the Canadian brokeboi customs revelation.

14 hours ago, vir2L said:

Guys, don't let this restock distract you from the fact that Errolson was in a Porsche ad.

Clearly, all new Acronym products now carry the "VIP Luxury Fee"... their older products lacked that badge, hence why even the classically more expensive Gore-Tex variants were bargains compared to these new Acronym "Ballers-only" pieces. 

It was only a matter of time before I gave in. 2018 is the year I turn into an amputee, maybe single kidney too.

Porsche Design x Acronym when?

I mean, price is determined by all sorts of factors, including the old “what-we-can-get-away-with” metric... but man, there isn’t even a warranty on this stuff. The tech is like five years behind industry leaders, and the customer service is nonexistent. It’s a lot to pay for an aesthetic and a few fun-but-slightly-tired gimmicks. Aren’t you excited to pay more money than last year for interops and forcelock?

3 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

I mean, price is determined by all sorts of factors, including the old “what-we-can-get-away-with” metric... but man, there isn’t even a warranty on this stuff. The tech is like five years behind industry leaders, and the customer service is nonexistent. It’s a lot to pay for an aesthetic and a few fun-but-slightly-tired gimmicks. Aren’t you excited to pay more money than last year for interops and forcelock?

Seriously. Find me in the veilance thread, lol. Same fabrics, a customer service dept that does what it’s supposed to, and pieces that go on sale. 

.....might cop another pair of p10s tho.

Veilance is the way forward imo , more value for money and bomb proof gear (I find some Acrnm to be fragile these days) 

I will still buy acronym but windstopper vrs Gore pro + down for around the same price , and a jacket that will last 3 times longer

Edited by greencarman

23 hours ago, dranoelsy said:

lmao dont be dumb. if the j47a-gt were to drop this season itll be much more $$$ than 3 years ago.  prices raise every season not to mention all the other positive business moves theyve made between that time. you lot are smart ill let you figure it out :P

Sarcasm is a little hard to see on text

Let me start off by saying, admittedly, I panic ordered the WS having  missed out on everything this winter. I get the whole cost vs. fabric vs. previous releases thing... I'm just not sure that's really an argument for any ACR gear, as discussing the usage of gravity pockets, ect. I wear a p10a/j29 combo with 17 pockets... Did I use/need all of them? Nope, I had my phone and my keys. Was it poring rain? Nope, it was 73 and sunny in January. Maybe I've just been waiting for a full-on-ACR WS jacket since I live in SoCal and can only wear a Pro-shell for 2 weeks out of the year, but I don't take ACR all that serious. Yes, I love the technical features of fabrication, and fit block construction, but damn Acronym just looks dope!