Acronym.

Westbrook

I don't know that "fail" is the right word.  "Limited use cases" would be how I describe it.  NFC cards in Gravity Pockets for the metro is convenient, and never "fails".  Likewise, Forcelock while stationary is quite nice, e.g. at the office I sometimes use it at my desk so that my headphone cable isn't dangling under my forearms/across my keyboard; or when I'm out walking my dog and for whatever reason need to dock earbuds--again, very convenient.  Maybe not useful 98% of the time, but the 2% of the time that it is it works 100% of the time, lol.

3 hours ago, piece keeper said:

I don't know that "fail" is the right word.  "Limited use cases" would be how I describe it.  NFC cards in Gravity Pockets for the metro is convenient, and never "fails".

These have absolutely no practical use case scenario. What you're describing is a good use of internal sleeve pockets, but the whole "gravity" or "ejection" shtick is a complete novelty--let's all be real.

Edited by nesherman

On 2018-01-07 at 1:33 AM, piece keeper said:

Forcelock while stationary is quite nice, e.g. at the office I sometimes use it at my desk so that my headphone cable isn't dangling under my forearms/across my keyboard; or when I'm out walking my dog and for whatever reason need to dock earbuds--again, very convenient.  Maybe not useful 98% of the time, but the 2% of the time that it is it works 100% of the time, lol.

This is how I use forcelock on my J34 as well. I listen to music/podcasts/audio books pretty much constantly when I'm out and about and the function is great to have at any time I have to stop and talk to someone (leaving earbuds in looks really unpolite, even if you pause the music) such as when I'm grabbing a cup of coffee to go or picking up a package at the postal office. At those times, and especially afterwards when putting them back in, forcelock really feels like a luxury compared to putting the earbuds into a pocket or slinging them around the neck. 

4 hours ago, Endless said:

This is how I use forcelock on my J34 as well. I listen to music/podcasts/audio books pretty much constantly when I'm out and about and the function is great to have at any time I have to stop and talk to someone (leaving earbuds in looks really unpolite, even if you pause the music) such as when I'm grabbing a cup of coffee to go or picking up a package at the postal office. At those times, and especially afterwards when putting them back in, forcelock really feels like a luxury compared to putting the earbuds into a pocket or slinging them around the neck. 

I get very paranoid with forcelock ever since I switched to airpods. It just feels like they're not secure enough.

3 hours ago, SuE said:

FWIW the Bragi wireless earphones attach tightly to the forcelock and they are waterproof to boot. Is that enough to make anyone switch from airpods?

If only they weren't so expensive... 

Been field testing the J62-S for the last few weeks, and thought I'd share some impressions. Overall, it might be the best ACR jacket I've ever owned. I sized up from an M to an L because the fit was profile, and I wanted more of a straight fit.  Sizing up still keeps its tailored shape, but with a slightly longer sleeve. I also love the added length. So far I've found it amazing to layer with, especially in combination with a J58. It's a great everyday piece too. I can wear it all day at work, and then if I go out that night, it transitions extremely well. 

Initially, I was worried I might not love the minimal amount of pockets, especially with no zippers, but the two pockets are so deep, there is actually more total storage space than other ACR jackets with more pockets. You also quickly get used to the double single welt pockets that do a fine job at keeping everything secure. I can fit an entire book, gloves, wallet, etc. with zero bulk.

The only negative I've found with the jacket is the hood seems to have an excess of fabric, and if this is done for a reason, I can't figure out why. I mostly wear it without the hood, as I think it looks cleaner without it, but in snow or rain, I'll snap it back on. All in all, I can't recommend this piece enough. Definitely one of the more slept on pieces of FW17. I've attached a photo of the hood to show what I'm talking about (intentionally bunched up to show the amount of excess). Does anyone think its actually a error and not intentional?

IMG_7337.JPG

Edited by RapGameTaylorSwift

Glad to hear good words about the J62-S. Was really interested in picking it up but as normal, I was a bit slow and it sold out. 

I think next time instead of pondering the purchase I'll just have to pull the trigger. It's a hassle I always try to avoid but I can always return it