Acronym.

Westbrook

Just bought a ds lunar force multi color size us 8, had a crimson before on size us 8.5, fits like a glove so im confident in sizing down, but as i tried these on (multi color), they were a bit too tight, will they break in eventually? (Since its not all leather)

cheers

14 hours ago, kenwiryadi said:

Just bought a ds lunar force multi color size us 8, had a crimson before on size us 8.5, fits like a glove so im confident in sizing down, but as i tried these on (multi color), they were a bit too tight, will they break in eventually? (Since its not all leather)

cheers

I'm a TTS 9 and I went with a US 8 multis, it broke in after a month or so of heavy wear. Width wise the leather will loosen up however length wise has no give whatsoever

Back to the UPS saga for the 3A-3TS.  UPS reached out requesting color photos, spec sheets, product literature and SAMPLES!!!

Felicia, not kidding, also said that my claim could be denied if I can't provide samples upon CBP (Customs Border Protection) request.  To top it off, she said samples aren't guaranteed to be returned. 

I guess I have to find an X-Pac distributor, buy a black laminated patch or swatch and prep for shipment to UPS?  Or better yet, I'll just jettison one of my 3A-MZ3's for the good of the community and instruct CBP to pin it on their corkboard for future reference??

Any other broke boi out there clear any of these hurdles?  Broke boi's unite!!

35 minutes ago, GFNS said:

Back to the UPS saga for the 3A-3TS.  UPS reached out requesting color photos, spec sheets, product literature and SAMPLES!!!

Felicia, not kidding, also said that my claim could be denied if I can't provide samples upon CBP (Customs Border Protection) request.  To top it off, she said samples aren't guaranteed to be returned. 

I guess I have to find an X-Pac distributor, buy a black laminated patch or swatch and prep for shipment to UPS?  Or better yet, I'll just jettison one of my 3A-MZ3's for the good of the community and instruct CBP to pin it on their corkboard for future reference??

Any other broke boi out there clear any of these hurdles?  Broke boi's unite!!

My son, I recently conquered the customs dispute system and they accidentally cut the check to the company I work at instead of me in my personal capacity. You don't need to send samples really. Just attach the most comprehensive material information you can find. I'm talking specification sheet from Acronym, specification from Dimension Polyant, contact number from Dimension Polyant customer service, etc. Also, I disputed my claim in November 2016, they sent money November 2017. I am still awaiting another claim from earlier.

1 hour ago, CARLOOA said:

My son, I recently conquered the customs dispute system and they accidentally cut the check to the company I work at instead of me in my personal capacity. You don't need to send samples really. Just attach the most comprehensive material information you can find. I'm talking specification sheet from Acronym, specification from Dimension Polyant, contact number from Dimension Polyant customer service, etc. Also, I disputed my claim in November 2016, they sent money November 2017. I am still awaiting another claim from earlier.

Ah!  I'm assuming we are talking PX Black Line?

2 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

i'm not going to lie, this make's me never want to buy directly from Acronym.

23 hours ago, mariahscarry said:

i'm not going to lie, this make's me never want to buy directly from Acronym.

I really don't get why you Americans order from the European site when you have your own retailers. Everything always sell out quick here in the EU, especially on the main site, but stock seems to sit for a while in the US and on sites like HBX :/ 

16 hours ago, meccaNIZM said:

Finally cool enough in SoCal for my fav combo: j50-ws, ss-cp2

...and with 6ts-COR for a week out of town

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Curious, what size is that cp2 and what’s your height?

Edited by rmc

3 hours ago, Endless said:

I really don't get why you Americans order from the European site when you have your own retailers. Everything always sell out quick here in the EU, especially on the main site, but stock seems to sit for a while in the US and on sites like HBX :/ 

VAT discount

17 hours ago, halomunkey said:

VAT discount

There isn’t really a discount tho, is it? Correct me if I’m wrong here but the thought is for your guys to pay your own customs and the total price ending up the same as when you buy from American retailers, isn’t it? In the end you might be able to save some money by complaining with the customs service, eventually getting a partial refund, but with all that hassle and the longer shipping shipping times (+ higher shipping fees compared to domestic orders I assume?) I still don’t get why you’re doing it. :/

23 minutes ago, Endless said:

There isn’t really a discount tho, is it? Correct me if I’m wrong here but the thought is for your guys to pay your own customs and the total price ending up the same as when you buy from American retailers, isn’t it? In the end you might be able to save some money by complaining with the customs service, eventually getting a partial refund, but with all that hassle and the longer shipping shipping times (+ higher shipping fees compared to domestic orders I assume?) I still don’t get why you’re doing it. :/

In short, no it really isn't much of a discount.

I think it came out to like 1440 including shipping and customs after getting the adjustment for a j28 from the main site, which was a little cheaper than most retailers (but not bdga which generally has the best prices on ACR), as places like notre were charging ~1500 and union was ~1700. On less expensive things like shoes it's more expensive to buy from ACR than from a US retailer.

Edit: I personally ordered a j28 from the main site because I figured it would have more stock than a retailer and would give me a better chance of getting it, which is the best reason I can think of for ordering from the main site over a retailer.

Edited by shifty
clarity

3 hours ago, Endless said:

Correct me if I’m wrong here but the thought is for your guys to pay your own customs...

Some EU retailers use a shipping method that doesn't end up with an additional customs fee ;)

Edited by halomunkey

^ nah these fashion houses are obviously lifting the aesthetic directly from acronym's lf1

On 12/31/2017 at 10:17 AM, Endless said:

On ACR specifically, there usually is a bit of a discount (EU price ex VAT vs. US price) on the headline price and then you save the sales tax, but most ACR products tend to be $800+ so you end up dealing with duties. Obviously some drops are ACRNM.com only. 

For pretty much every thing else though, it's pretty much always cheaper as an American to buy from EU based retailers. Products are typically priced in EUR (incl. VAT) at the same level as they are in the US (pre-tax). VAT is around 20% and US sales tax are around 7-8%. And the USD is super strong at the moment (particularly vs. the pound. So as long as you buy items that are priced below $800, you can expect savings in the range of 30-40% on a full price item from a EU based store vs. buying locally. This dynamic is part of the reason why European online stores have benefited from much stronger growth and are the dominant players right now (in the luxury sector). 

1 hour ago, Kasper said:

On ACR specifically, there usually is a bit of a discount (EU price ex VAT vs. US price) on the headline price and then you save the sales tax, but most ACR products tend to be $800+ so you end up dealing with duties. Obviously some drops are ACRNM.com only. 

For pretty much every thing else though, it's pretty much always cheaper as an American to buy from EU based retailers. Products are typically priced in EUR (incl. VAT) at the same level as they are in the US (pre-tax). VAT is around 20% and US sales tax are around 7-8%. And the USD is super strong at the moment (particularly vs. the pound. So as long as you buy items that are priced below $800, you can expect savings in the range of 30-40% on a full price item from a EU based store vs. buying locally. This dynamic is part of the reason why European online stores have benefited from much stronger growth and are the dominant players right now (in the luxury sector). 

But wouldnt that be very few items? i dont image the latest drop of 3A-3TS was below 800 (i live in the EU so i dont see prices in USD so i might be wrong here) What would be under 800 then? the gaiters and modulars im guessing?

On 12/31/2017 at 4:40 PM, shifty said:

I think it came out to like 1440 including shipping and customs after getting the adjustment for a j28 from the main site, which was a little cheaper than most retailers 

4 hours ago, Kasper said:

Thanks for the info, I guess it really does make sense then. I'm just so used to considering any shipping passing the EU border as a robbery.

Looking to cop a pair of AF100s and even though US pairs are dirt cheap on Ebay ($260 which is less than retail was where I live) However, shipping + import through Ebay's global shipping program ends up at over $150 :(

Does anyone with Apple air pods know how well they work with the Force Lock? Are they prone to falling easily or are the magnets strong enough to hold when, say, running?

My wired ear pods just broke and i'm thinking of upgrading to either the Apple air pods or Xiaomi Mic ANC Type-C earphones for my Google Pixel 2. Also, if anyone knows how well the Xiaomi's (coated with titanium) hold up with magnets like the force lock, please share! Thanks.

air pod acr.jpg

Edited by jeddyhsu

The airpod's case itself uses magnets to hold them in place. Force lock works fine with them, but any abrupt movement is likely to shake them off (jumping, impact while running). It's more a help for when you're just standing or walking slowly, for example like taking them out at a store or when you normally may take one or both out when talking to someone. 

@jeddyhsu I gave them a try on my J46 just before I was going to head out a few months back. They cling to the magnets just fine, even a few abrupt jumps on the spot didn’t shake them.

The magnets also don’t affect the headphones, mine were fine after a few tries to see where best to hang them.

The main problem is that any slight touch or gentle push in any direction dislodges them and they’re out. I just rolled my shoulder, glanced the base of the tube and it fell straight off.

Suffice to say they went right back in their little case.