Acronym.

Westbrook

48 minutes ago, darkart said:

Just wondering if anyone knows, any good dye recommend for overdying the lunar force, just like the FORCE workshop was using

Scroll up. 

So I got my J61-GT in recently (again, your boy is 5'9" 180lbs 39/40r suit, 32-33 waist, mesomorphic body type) here are some first impressions:

FABRIC/MATERIALS: GT pro is GT pro. The nickel ykk is a nice touch but it makes me feel like I'm clashing when I wear the DAF1's with the bronze finished ykk zippers. Not really a big deal.

FEATURES: Hem to hood two way zip closure. Neck button, bottom press stud closure. Gigantic hood with velcro adjuster. External waist shockcord adjuster. No velcro'd magnets at collar, so we don't have to know how they work. The longest interops zipper ever. Zip in liner compatibility. Four outer pockets with water resistant zippers. I really appreciate the back quarter zip pockets like the J46. They're fucking gigantic and well placed so you don't have item overlap.

FIT: it is "anti-fit." It's all around larger than any other Acronym coat I've had my hands on, think future evil mods coat. It's like 1.5–2in longer in the arms and overall length than the J39. Around 1" in the arms and 5-6in in the length from the J61-WS. It feels roomier in the arms and body than both as well but I haven't laid it down and really compared with other jackets. I've worn a J58-WS, last FW's SISP Pertex bomber (651940404), and the most recently SISP fleece assymetrical fleece (671960306) which is more voluminous than both with it and it's accommodated all. 

OVERALL: This is a menacing jacket by sheer surface area. The cut and fabric make the hood more structured than the WS version and cause it to sit higher on the neck making it appear more like a monk's cowl. Fairly unique piece, this is the definitive version of the 61: more like Blade Runner: The Final Cut than Apocalypse Now Redux.

Here are some pictures for reference. Wearing Mykita Vice sunglasses (OS), Stone Island Shadow Project N01A3 (OS), S15-DS (M), J64TS-S (M), P23A-DS (M), Nike Huarache Free Carnivore SP (9.5).

mNzOb42.jpg

Edited by CARLOOA

23 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

So I got my J61-GT in recently (again, your boy is 5'9" 180lbs 39/40r suit, 32-33 waist, mesomorphic body type) here are some first impressions:

FABRIC/MATERIALS: GT pro is GT pro. The nickel ykk is a nice touch but it makes me feel like I'm clashing when I wear the DAF1's with the bronze finished ykk zippers. Not really a big deal.

FEATURES: Hem to hood two way zip closure. Neck button, bottom press stud closure. Gigantic hood with velcro adjuster. External waist shockcord adjuster. No velcro'd magnets at collar, so we don't have to know how they work. The longest interops zipper ever. Zip in liner compatibility. Four outer pockets with water resistant zippers. I really appreciate the back quarter zip pockets like the J46. They're fucking gigantic and well placed so you don't have item overlap.

FIT: it is "anti-fit." It's all around larger than any other Acronym coat I've had my hands on, think future evil mods coat. It's like 1.5–2in longer in the arms and overall length than the J39. Around 1" in the arms and 5-6in in the length from the J61-WS. It feels roomier in the arms and body than both as well but I haven't laid it down and really compared with other jackets. I've worn a J58-WS, last FW's SISP Pertex bomber (651940404), and the most recently SISP fleece assymetrical fleece (671960306) which is more voluminous than both with it and it's accommodated all. 

OVERALL: This is a menacing jacket by sheer surface area. The cut and fabric make the hood more structured than the WS version and cause it to sit higher on the neck making it appear more like a monk's cowl. Fairly unique piece, this is the definitive version of the 61: more like Blade Runner: The Final Cut than Apocalypse Now Redux.

quick q are you M and the SISP asym fleece? and is it pretty roomy for a M?

Just now, shinnanju said:

quick q are you M and the SISP asym fleece? and is it pretty roomy for a M?

I am a L in most SISP, this piece included. It's pretty high loft and unlike down it's not compressible. Also, this fleece is a fucking hassle to get on and off, contrary to the product photos with the long slanting zipper it doesn't zip apart—it stops like 3 inches from the hem for some unknown reason. I would recommend sizing up if you're between sizes. Don't get me wrong, I still really like the fleece, it's just....quirky.

1 minute ago, CARLOOA said:

I am a L in most SISP, this piece included. It's pretty high loft and unlike down it's not compressible. Also, this fleece is a fucking hassle to get on and off, contrary to the product photos with the long slanting zipper it doesn't zip apart—it stops like 3 inches from the hem for some unknown reason. I would recommend sizing up if you're between sizes. Don't get me wrong, I still really like the fleece, it's just....quirky.

Thanks, now i'm not so sure if i want it now after hearing from you that the zippers don't zip apart LOL.

Hey all! Just started getting into techwear and ACR before the summer and I've managed to accumulate a small collection of nice pieces. I've recently been looking to pick up a pair of P10's and was wondering what fabric you guys prefer on pants like this? 

On 11/28/2017 at 4:52 PM, CARLOOA said:

Pant Fabric Qualities:

Weather Protection: S>CH>DS

Breathability: DS>CH>S.

Fabric weight is CH>S>DS.

Colorfastness: DS>CH>S.

Abrasion resistance: CH/S>DS.

Stretch: DS (4 way)>CH (2 way minimal)>S (none).

1. Where are you using the pants?
2. What are you anticipating doing in the pants?
3. Is colorfastness important?

Edited by CARLOOA

4 minutes ago, phan108 said:

Looking to get my first jacket.
Just wondering, how useful are the gravity pockets?
Could they fit the S8 + or Iphone +?
Thanks

I had some difficulties storing my s7 edge in it when I first got my J28-GT in a Large. Length of the phone will make for a tight fit. Also, gravity pockets + phones = bad idea, you're just asking to smash a phone

4 minutes ago, phan108 said:

Thanks

To be 100% honest with you, in my opinion they're not all that useful. They sounded really appealing before I owned an ACR shell, all up until first hand use. It's a lot of fun to slide your phone in an out of your sleeves, but I was a little disappointed when I found out it wasn't some magical phone holder/slider. They're relatively large and should be able to fit all current smart phones. Hope you enjoy yours :)

1 hour ago, CARLOOA said:

1. Where are you using the pants?
2. What are you anticipating doing in the pants?
3. Is colorfastness important?

1. Western Canada (cold and wet this time of year)
  2. General everyday wear, walking to class/work ect.
  3. Not particularly.

Going off of the list you quoted it seems to me that stotz may be the best choice. Thanks for the help!

45 minutes ago, griffando said:
  1. Western Canada (cold and wet this time of year)
  2. General everyday wear, walking to class/work ect.
  3. Not particularly.

Going off of the list you quoted it seems to me that stotz may be the best choice. Thanks for the help!

Def stotz. 

Yeah, I’ve been keeping my eye on this since I first heard about it. Too early to say how Acr will implement this new tech, but my mind immediately went to: “Acronym is making their own footwear for FW18!!!”. *shrug* I guess we’ll just have to wait and see?

17 hours ago, phan108 said:

Thanks

Absolutely useless lol

EDIT: Actually, I lie. Aside from phones (which it is still useless for), I have used the grav pockets to store a debit card with Interac Flash so I could just tap with my hand when shopping.

Edited by Questlove

On 12/10/2017 at 3:58 PM, CARLOOA said:

Here are some pictures for reference. Wearing Mykita Vice sunglasses (OS), Stone Island Shadow Project N01A3 (OS), S15-DS (M), J64TS-S (M), P23A-DS (M), Nike Huarache Free Carnivore SP (9.5).

mNzOb42.jpg

What size is this?

1 hour ago, Dolphinski said:

One size too big by the looks of the pics! ;)

Hey! If I want a coat that was sized for a vegan, I'd rebuy a veilance monitor.

1 hour ago, GFNS said:

What size is this?

Medium. I like the length. :D I'm medium in most acronym. Also, I think if I sized down it wouldn't fit some insulators. 

Edited by CARLOOA

15 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

Hey! If I want a coat that was sized for a vegan, I'd rebuy a veilance monitor.

Medium. I like the length. :D I'm medium in most acronym. Also, I think if I sized down it wouldn't fit some insulators. 

Gotcha.  I guess that would put me in Large territory for this type of fit.  Thanks for the information.

1 minute ago, GFNS said:

Gotcha.  I guess that would put me in Large territory for this type of fit.  Thanks for the information.

One aspect of this coat with liner integration: the jacket cuffs scrunch up because of the length—the place where the liner snaps is higher than where the jacket loops are.  This difference isn't present/as pronounced with the J1A/B/TS, J28, J53TS, or J56. 

23 hours ago, Questlove said:

Absolutely useless lol

EDIT: Actually, I lie. Aside from phones (which it is still useless for), I have used the grav pockets to store a debit card with Interac Flash so I could just tap with my hand when shopping.

About the most use mine get as well with my card holder in them so I can wave my hand in front of RFID readers to open doors at work.

Edited by wexler

On 12/10/2017 at 5:34 PM, phan108 said:

Thanks

I hardly ever use the gravity pockets on my J1A-GT. Mostly bc it can barely accommodate my 6S with the leather apple case.