Acronym.

Westbrook

Brand new Mz5(bottom) vs worn in Mz3(top)

I road my bike during one heavy rainy day with my j1ts-s with the mz3s equipped. It kept my valuables inside surprisingly dry but after it dried up it gave it an interesting, wrinkly, rough texture compared to a brand new mz5 with is smooth to the touch.

20171121_104250.jpg

On 11/17/2017 at 7:22 PM, austinalamualaykum said:

Regarding import duties to USA for the foil 3A-3TS release...

caveat: I'm by no means an expert on this kind of stuff and only used the valuable info previously provided by @CARLOOA and @Voyager to corroborate my own Google-ing. PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.

• My order was placed on the evening of the 15th. 
  • Didn't receive a shipment conf email from Acronym, but woke up today to an email from UPS informing me that $59.64 in duties are owed + the $11.00 brokerage fee UPS pockets (for fronting the duties on our behalf). A total of $70.64. 
  • Phoned UPS and was told that the tariff code associated with the package is 4202.22.30.40 ; this code corresponds to a 7.4% duty rate. 
  • Upon referring the code to the HTS cheat sheet (chp.42), I'd say that Acronym already provided UPS the most specific code (70% PA -nylon 30% PES -polyester) aka "man-made fibers."
  • With the most specific code already being assigned to the package, there's no chance that the duty percentage can be further lowered. 

tldr: Pay up ; the 7.4% duty rate is as low as it's going to get for these 3A foil bags.

Mine ended up 172.20 and I paid for that before seeing this... One of my packages is late, so hopefully i can fix the duty rate to match that 7.4%.
Anyone know how much of a hassle is it to get a refund...?

1 hour ago, AvantSol said:

Brand new Mz5(bottom) vs worn in Mz3(top)

I road my bike during one heavy rainy day with my j1ts-s with the mz3s equipped. It kept my valuables inside surprisingly dry but after it dried up it gave it an interesting, wrinkly, rough texture compared to a brand new mz5 with is smooth to the touch.

20171121_104250.jpg

i wanna say 1st gen mz3 was a slightly diff material composition than the xpac recently released. overall the new stuff feels more soft and pliable than the old stuff which felt much crunchier

2 hours ago, limboistic said:

Mine ended up 172.20 and I paid for that before seeing this... One of my packages is late, so hopefully i can fix the duty rate to match that 7.4%.
Anyone know how much of a hassle is it to get a refund...?

It’s difficult and time consuming. 90 to process so just eat it. 

1 hour ago, CARLOOA said:

It’s difficult and time consuming. 90 to process so just eat it. 

Managed to get an agent to put me in contact with someone who manages refunds. Said I would have to wait for the payment for duties to clear by the 27th, and about 4-6 weeks later I would get a cheque for the difference. Didn't take too long, about half hour or so including being put on hold, but worth it to figure out the process to go about doing this. Just have to play the waiting game now.

Snippet of the email:

There was an COD tag on this entry of which the customer had paid the original amount.  The entry has since been corrected thus resulting in a reduction of duties.  My notes are in the system.  The original COD tag was in the amount of $152.86 the corrected amount is 70.64 which leaves the difference of $82.22 USD, that is to be refunded back to the customer. Please reach out to the customer regarding his refund.  Thank you!

I would say it was worth my half hour haha. If helpful, I can leave contact information of the person that helped me out for others.

1 hour ago, limboistic said:

Managed to get an agent to put me in contact with someone who manages refunds. Said I would have to wait for the payment for duties to clear by the 27th, and about 4-6 weeks later I would get a cheque for the difference. Didn't take too long, about half hour or so including being put on hold, but worth it to figure out the process to go about doing this. Just have to play the waiting game now.

Snippet of the email:

I would say it was worth my half hour haha. If helpful, I can leave contact information of the person that helped me out for others.

Mine just went into review.  I’ll take that contact info please!

7 hours ago, limboistic said:

Snippet of the email:

This wasn’t an actual refund in the tax sense —“Refund” in the context I thought you were referring is a term of art for the process of petitioning for overpaid tax. If it’s a dispute with the CBP then you’re talking months. I’ve had one sitting since June. Glad you got it settled before then. :)

1 hour ago, GFNS said:

Super weird but I just got my 3A-3TS with no duties or tariffs attached.  I did note a foreign transaction fee via my bank but otherwise no issues to report on the import front.

how would you go about checking this? i always thought they just sent you a bill in a week or two.

My previous experience with UPS was a bit of a C.O.D one in that the driver withheld my package and told me to call to settle my bill.  After that he came back and dropped it a few hours later.  

With DHL, they didn’t even attempt delivery until I paid up.  Not sure but from what I’m reading, I guess I should be expecting a bill soon?

8 minutes ago, kenwiryadi said:

anyone here knows how to fix this? i think its some kind of a rip, but it doesnt penetrate the leather lining inside, this is just the outside layer.

1.JPG

I would just avoid suspicious people with overly large magnifying glasses. 

You missed my joke apparently.

Regardless- that’s a thing that’s barely worth mentioning. In fact I’d go so far as to say it’s irrelevant. Leather is a natural product and as such may exhibit abnormalities. Wear them. Beat on them, and show us how they look after the fact.

If you’re looking to go full hype and try to flip them later on- good luck with that. I’d just return them if that’s the case. 

26 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

What's up, I just purchased a used GT and the seller said he somehow lost the logo tape (lol). It's not that big of a deal but I was wondering if anyone knew if I could email Acronym to purchase a single logo tape? Thank you.

Why don't you email them and find out?

4 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

You missed my joke apparently.

Regardless- that’s a thing that’s barely worth mentioning. In fact I’d go so far as to say it’s irrelevant. Leather is a natural product and as such may exhibit abnormalities. Wear them. Beat on them, and show us how they look after the fact.

If you’re looking to go full hype and try to flip them later on- good luck with that. I’d just return them if that’s the case. 

Yeah im down with beat sneakers, not about that hype life, but i just dont want my shoes to get torn up and unwearable anymore